Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default is Moira redeemable? Can we just MoiraŽd her? to the beggin of Krakoan era?

it was really necesary the fallout between Destiny and Moira?
    There werent a third option? of cooperation and peace?

What if? if Moira and Destiny talked things out? instead of being this hole in the picture Moira invited Irene to enter?

There 's a way of undo all the mistakes of her and against her without the "Clone/alternate Moira did it?"

Astonishing Member

Considering that according to Hickman himself Moira X wasn't supposed to turn crazed villain, it seems to me like speculations about "what if's" in regard to her conflict with Destiny are now more or less redundant, because the plot doesn't follow it's original intended logic anymore.

Charles has never fully redeemed himself in the eyes of the fandom, and he never skinned anyone last I checked.

Just bring the original back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering that according to Hickman himself Moira X wasn't supposed to turn crazed villain, it seems to me like speculations about "what if's" in regard to her conflict with Destiny are now more or less redundant, because the plot doesn't follow it's original intended logic anymore.
    Where did he say that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Where did he say that?
    I recalled he remarked on it during the 60th anniversary interview, but perhaps memories played a trick on me.

I recalled he remarked on it during the 60th anniversary interview, but perhaps memories played a trick on me.
    Yeah, he said that in the 60th anniversary thing. Moira was not originally intended to be a villain.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

The it for me is that Moira make less important and relevant Omega Sentinel.

Also she looks so ridicuolus in her Orchis sheet.

The X-Men do have a history of taking in villains and forgiving/ignoring past crimes, especially in the Krakoan era. If Apocalypse and Sinister can be on the Quiet Council, nothing seems too villainous. They would just have to somehow retcon Moira's actions as actually being pro-mutant all along, perhaps to gain intel on Nimrod or learn if Orchis has anything useful to deal with the future AI threat.

Yeah kinda and the final of the "event" of fall of x

Moira is about to gun Xavier but destroy nimrod and Orchis and etc. and save everyone and etc.

So they put her back in her mutant bocy and give a clean stat

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't like that they made her a mutant and gave her this shady back story. She was one of the few mutant allies there was and we need them.

I don’t love the heel turn by Moira but overall I’m still really loving the Krakoa era. It is a bit sad knowing Hickman wasn’t planning on using her like that.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, in addition to Moira, I want them to do something with Omega Sentinel. She seemingly has vanished entirely from the line, and given that we know it's a future version of her taking the current one's body over, I'd like them to find a way to revert her. She was a good non-mutant ally, and honestly even if it ended with "She's going off to therapy for a while because she was stuck in a I have no mouth and I must scream situation" it would be more than what's being done with her now.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Yeah, he said that in the 60th anniversary thing. Moira was not originally intended to be a villain.
    In this case I honestly feel that Hickman ran with the internet theory of Moira being evil, because a vocal minority wouldn't shut up about how the Mutants are not evil.

I think Moira can totally be redeemed in one of two ways:

1) she dies her final death losing her chance to be reborn via her mutant powers, but she gets resurrected via the protocols and is uploaded with memories from prior to the Krakoa era. We already know that humans and other super heroes can and have been resurrected.

2) it's revealed that Moira X is not exactly Moira at all but a mole sent back into time by Nimrod and the lives of Moira are different timelines where she continually fails to solve the Mutant/Machine problem that's why she always reverts back to "curing" mutants and why she helped the Eternals in trying to genocide the mutants. Admittedly this is a trite way of solving it but we've seen worst retcons

Indeed. But why do the recons always seem worse under JDW?

my question would be if she is enough of an interesting character to keep her even around...

or, finally give us a better explanation why she turned so quickly on her fellow mutants. Still don't get it what has happened.