Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I'd love to see Vril Dox II become Jon's arch-nemesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Ehh ok. I don't mind legacy villians but I'm not sure that's the way to go for Jon. But that's a cool hook for Jon's inclusion for LEGION. Fans wondering if Jon and Vril would become friends or enemies is a good marketing tool to me.
    I would prefer him like allies more than friends. Dox jr never was that friendly. ANd alos that would be even more detrimental for JOn. Who would be his next enemy: Metallo 2? Kid Parasite? Bronze Banshee?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

He's already half way there but I think they sunk too much in him from 5G to write him out anytime soon.

Plus he has more media attention so he'll probably stick around awhile longer.
    This, the PR backlash would be disastrous for DC if Jon goes the way of Chris.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I would prefer him like allies more than friends. Dox jr never was that friendly. ANd alos that would be even more detrimental for JOn. Who would be his next enemy: Metallo 2? Kid Parasite? Bronze Banshee?
    Not gonna lie, I would be interested in a potential kid Parasite or Bronze Banshee.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-27-2023 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Disagree.

Characters of marginalized backgrounds (gender, race, orientation, disability, etc) get shelved or undone all the time in comix.

John Henry Irons went from super-prominent to damn near forgotten.

Barbara Gordon went from disabled to able-bodied.

If DC could and did weather those PR backlashes, it can do the same with Jon.

Don't think DC won't do a move because of bad optics when they have a proven track record of doing just that.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I would love to see Jon interacting with non-Damian characters (hey, I still love kid-Jon and I like Kathy, too), but I don't think every hero needs a team. Too much of the same thing (every Robin doesn't need a team, either). And, as know I've said before, I really, really, would like to see heroes interact more with civilians. Non-capes. People who have ordinary lives. I feel like the hero community has gotten too insular, with all their most important relationships with each other. Sometimes it's like heroes live in a parallel civilization on the same earth as ordinary humans, instead of being part of society. I really do want to see more comics and characters that have an "ordinary life" aspect.
    Yeah, that's something missing in a good superhero story these days. The actual civilian aspect of these characters. Regardless of how I feel about Snapper in the 1960s JLA, he did provide some sense of ordinariness. What about the employee of Bruce's company? I know PKJ is going to emphasis the Daily Planet crew, but I think he should do away with it entirely. There's so much you can do with Clark as a reporter these days instead of writing papers for the Daily Planet. What about Diana? She's so caught up in Gods, Gods, and more Gods, we hardly get any interactions with regular people. A lot of stories can be pulled from the focusing on Bruce Wayne, Diana prince, Clark Kent, Hal Jordan, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Yeah, that's something missing in a good superhero story these days. The actual civilian aspect of these characters. Regardless of how I feel about Snapper in the 1960s JLA, he did provide some sense of ordinariness. What about the employee of Bruce's company? I know PKJ is going to emphasis the Daily Planet crew, but I think he should do away with it entirely. There's so much you can do with Clark as a reporter these days instead of writing papers for the Daily Planet. What about Diana? She's so caught up in Gods, Gods, and more Gods, we hardly get any interactions with regular people. A lot of stories can be pulled from the focusing on Bruce Wayne, Diana prince, Clark Kent, Hal Jordan, etc.
    That is why elements like secret identities exists: to make the hero to interact more with the people from the street, to have a life beyond the suit and to show they are not only a bright costume.
    I thought than with Bendis we will see more iof Clark Kent.
    Big mistake.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

They could bring back Rex Luthor from Adventures of the Super Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Actually, that's not PKJ, that's Joshua Williamson. PKJ didn't think Superman ever need Clark Kent at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    They could bring back Rex Luthor from Adventures of the Super Sons.
    I hope not. From reading the comments, though, I guess I'm in the minority. I hate legacy-villains (make me feel like the hero isn't thought worthy an original villain of their own and like creators are out of ideas) and am not real fond of legay-allies, though I do end up liking some. I don't want spinoffs with other spinoff characters all the time. I don't need the same families having interactions with each other each generation (and especially not the same interpersonal dynamics repeated). Sure, I've ended up liking some, but I'd much rather they go another route. I just feel like surrouding Jon with spinoffs of characters that Clark was surrounded with lessens his distinctiveness. Yeah, I hated his Legion involvement and Kon living on the farm, too. Same reason.

That depends on how big the media coverage for Jon was.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    I feel like they've invested too much in Jon to do that. Also, the Chris thing happened right before a universal reboot. I'm thinking the next time DC decides to reboot, they'll return Jon to a ten year old.
    So THAT is what happened to Chris? The Stu-poopy-2 did him in?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    So THAT is what happened to Chris? The Stu-poopy-2 did him in?
    I forget which one, but one of the continuity mangling events did that yeah.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

That is why elements like secret identities exists: to make the hero to interact more with the people from the street, to have a life beyond the suit and to show they are not only a bright costume.
    I thought than with Bendis we will see more iof Clark Kent.
    Big mistake.
    Not to mention, I repeat again, lots of untapped stories.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Actually, that's not PKJ, that's Joshua Williamson. PKJ didn't think Superman ever need Clark Kent at all.
    Thanks for the correction.

That depends on how big the media coverage for Jon was.
    When Jon came out as bisexual and his same-sex kiss cover dropped that whole event was pretty damn big in the mainstream media as I recall. The headline "DC does away with Bisexual Superman" would go over poorly I think. So, Jon has an extra layer of protection against removal Chris didn't.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

When Jon came out as bisexual and his same-sex kiss cover dropped that whole event was pretty damn big in the mainstream media as I recall. The headline "DC does away with Bisexual Superman" would go over poorly I think. So, Jon has an extra layer of protection against removal Chris didn't.
    I know it got a ton of publicity, but there's been nothing since then. And honestly, it confused a number of more casual fans wondering why Clark was skinnier and not with Lois (it was advertised as "SUPERMAN" not "Jon Kent Superman"), again. Until it was pointed out that this was Clark's son. Which in itself raised more questions.