Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

It also offers more in the dynamic between Conner and Jon, I think.

I disliked the "half Lex" retcon, and I still prefer the original where Conner was a clone of Westfield with some hefty geneic engineering to mimic Superman's powers. But as far as basic, foundation-level story building goes? "Superboy; clone of Superman and Luthor" is a stronger hook than "Superboy; clone of random science guy."

It has less nuance, it's more basic bitch, and it makes the mythos a little smaller, but it's an easier sell. And it's got what, almost twenty years of precedence behind it now? I think at this point Conner has been a Clark/Lex clone longer than he was a Westfield one. I don't see this changing, ever, for good or ill.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Conner is a hybrid of both lex and Clark,and he should be around Clark's size and early 20s,amd mature and responsible,but you add in him actually have fun as a hero,his attitude he gives off,strong personality,throw in some TTK,a black leather jacket with a yellow sewn looking S on the back,some gloves and glasses and you get a pretty good framework for him.

And I'm still waiting for this Conner-kon-SB
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It also offers more in the dynamic between Conner and Jon, I think.

I disliked the "half Lex" retcon, and I still prefer the original where Conner was a clone of Westfield with some hefty geneic engineering to mimic Superman's powers. But as far as basic, foundation-level story building goes? "Superboy; clone of Superman and Luthor" is a stronger hook than "Superboy; clone of random science guy."

It has less nuance, it's more basic bitch, and it makes the mythos a little smaller, but it's an easier sell. And it's got what, almost twenty years of precedence behind it now? I think at this point Conner has been a Clark/Lex clone longer than he was a Westfield one. I don't see this changing, ever, for good or ill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    True, the idea is to keep restricted to comics,. However, the actual influence of media affect the comic narratives and we must accept than the Lex Luthor connection gives Kon an element than makes him unique in the Superman world. And also it makes him different from Jon. In that aspect he has more narative potential than Jon.
    I don't disagree, but I'm focusing on the comics. Which, yeah, the retcon has done nothing for the character. Okay I should've thought about he died, the New52 happened, wasn't around for Rebirth. But, my point still stands. It can be changed without losing any value. Same as Diana being the daughter of Zeus, nothing of value will be lost.

Extraordinary Member

To answer the original question, Jon won’t. But Otho and Osul will.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    To answer the original question, Jon won’t. But Otho and Osul will.
    I dunno, they're more unique characters in several ways.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I dunno, they're more unique characters in several ways.
    There countless twin heroes in dc..heck!superfriends had wonder twins
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I don't disagree, but I'm focusing on the comics. Which, yeah, the retcon has done nothing for the character. Okay I should've thought about he died, the New52 happened, wasn't around for Rebirth. But, my point still stands. It can be changed without losing any value. Same as Diana being the daughter of Zeus, nothing of value will be lost.
    The retcon was the only thing that kept him from joining Linda and Matrix in the dustbin of history. “Superboy, the clone hybrid of Superman and Lex” is a more appealing pitch than “Superboy, the clone of some random Cadmus guy who fakes having Kryptonian powers”. There’s a reason every adaption of Conner chooses to go that route, even adaptions that are leaning more on the 90s stuff like the DCAMU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Why are you all acting like it's one or the other for Conner? When it's clearly both still apply.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.