Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    All i know is if i was in nazi germany i might a nazi.Or i would be helping the jew(slim chance..it does exist).Either way i don't know if i big enough to make a judgement on good or bad.So i like clark's approach of giving the benefit of the doubt.Clark belief in people's (generally) good is not why clark is naive.It's the lack understanding or complete rejection of every darker impulse and capacity of man to do "not good".His inability to criticize humanity...His lack of resolve.Atleast that's how i feel.

While it might be true for star trek...Superman stories routinely have a diety.It's superman himself.I don't have a horse in that..i hate that..but that's the truth.Effort isn't exactly superman's domain.

superman fandom makes so much fuss about cynicism.I attrubute that to some writer or editor or management with actual reading of the character making the point and the fandom taking that as buzzword,driving the narrative forward.

Also if i remember correctly,I read somewhere wb had some screening of man of steel for christian pastors and heck!henry had to bulk naturally so that superman brand isn't sullied (not saying it's a badthing).But,everyone knows most of these guys aren't natural.yet,other superhero brands never had to deal with that sorta thing.

I have said this before..this isn't just a man of steel thing.It goes back to right from the beginning.
    I get what you mean, but I feel the character shouldn't be naive or too-trusting. He's seen many things in his life time. I'm not saying he should be a cynic, but I think he needs a healthy dose of reality. It's like the whole Lex Lutho thing, how far will Luthor go before Superman says enough is enough?

As for the Man of Steel, I don't know. I guess WB wanted to make it okay because of Snyder's insistent to make Superman Christlike (blegh).

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm going to come down in the middle of these two. I'm all for rejecting deities. Reforming anyone's DNA against their will is generally bad. But I do not believe that struggle is inherently ennobling or that things that make life easier should be rejected. I like running water and antibiotics (though overuse and antibiotic-resistance is an issue) and so forth.
    Yeah, I missed out on an important detail. They were colonizing (no indigenous people were harmed) the planet and the Starship Enterprise came and found no progress had been made or actually happened in years. They were living in paradise, which meant they didn't do anything. No need to eat, sleep, or drink water. Just living in bliss. My point is, and the episode was, we do need to struggle to achieve progress. It took us years to have antibiotics and running water, took us even longer to have them on a mass-scale. And we still haven't got it right.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You make terrible threads and should take your own advice. Every thread you make is some dumb attempt at a “gotcha” regarding Superman. If you are ok with living under a tyrant who rules via brainwashing people and literally feeds on their life forces that’s your business, but acting like Superman is selfish for not being ok with that is dumb.

Guess what? None of the other Leaguers including your beloved Batman was ok with that either.
    Again, you need to do better. Your general attitude from your choice of words shows that you think only your opinion or some variation of it should matter on a forum where people should discuss ideas. You are intolerant to different views of others and think their threads are "bad" because they don't readily align with your interest or view points. This shows that your parents never taught you that the world doesn't revolve around you and that you are not as important as you think you are.

Guess what, batman was never ok with it. Also not a batman stan, I make one topic on superman's powers being best served on someone more dedicated to justice and you think I'm a batman fanboy. Just lol at you stereotyping.

In our current world, we are already under a tyrannical rule of government who control our actions online and in real life. We are in a world corrupt where human trafficking, murder and countless other crimes go unchecked under human government.

In this comic issue, corrupt government around the world were stopped. Murders, rapist and pedophiles had their brains rewired so they wouldn't hurt people and crime was at an all time low. People were happy and joyful. And this guy wanted to make people into kryptonians which would result in them being stronger and living much longer.

How is this not a good thing?

Edit: Forget it, I’m not interested in debating the ethics of brainwashing people or eating people to extend your own lifespan.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-24-2023 at 10:03 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/