Spectacular Member

Default The animated Clone Wars movie takes place before the Clone Wears show?

been a long time since ive seen the Clone Wars movie and all 5 seasons of the Clone Wars show.

but then i heard some episodes take place before the movie etc.

So, what really takes place first? the movie or some episodes before the movie?

I think most of the episodes are set after the movie, with the main exception of "Cat and Mouse" and "The Hidden enemy" which are prequels to it. It's a bit confusing because "Hidden Enemy" came out first in the first season, and "Cat and Mouse" was in the second. Both are the sixteenth episode. Hidden Enemy deals mainly with the Clone POV while Cat and Mouse is a space battle.

One interesting note is that the Disney canon takes the stealth ship in the episode and reveals that it becomes one of Tarkin's personal ships, and shows up in a lot of Star Wars comics and novels, such as the Tarkin novel and the Poe Dameron comics (Where it's in the posession of a First Order general).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-19-2023 at 11:30 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    been a long time since ive seen the Clone Wars movie and all 5 seasons of the Clone Wars show.

but then i heard some episodes take place before the movie etc.

So, what really takes place first? the movie or some episodes before the movie?
    There are at least 3-4 episodes, maybe more, that take place prior to the animated film. The film features the end of the battle for Christophsis. Later we see the run up to that battle, the space battle before landing, and at least one adventure during the battle itself.

No there is only the two mentioned by ChrisIII.