Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kid jon

39 78.00%
  • Teen jon

11 22.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Default Which version of jon do you like best kid or teen?

It's all there in the title...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Well, I don't think everyone has voted, but so far, yeah.

Young Adult Jon S! Kent has had ups and downs, but I like him way more than Kid Jon. He exerted you much narrative gravity in my opinion, to the point where he was more the main character than his Dad was. By virtue of having his own separate narratives spaces, in which he can be the main character, Young Adult Jon doesn't have the same problem.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Incredible Member

Kid Jon had some stories I liked a lot, even if I ended up growing indifferent to the kid halfway through Rebirth.

I can't think of a single teen Jon story I like besides maybe Future State: Superman of Metropolis (and that's a big "maybe").

So kid Jon, though I would have seriously considered voting "neither" if such an option existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Young Adult Jon S! Kent has had ups and downs, but I like him way more than Kid Jon. He exerted you much narrative gravity in my opinion, to the point where he was more the main character than his Dad was. By virtue of having his own separate narratives spaces, in which he can be the main character, Young Adult Jon doesn't have the same problem.
    To be fair, he didn't have to be youg adult for that.For me so far,Young adult jon has been boring.It's likr superman's worst qualities being pumped with bland quality storytelling.

And i am not of the mind that young adult jon can't be good or viceversa kid jon is alway top notch storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    To be fair, he didn't have to be youg adult for that.For me so far,Young adult jon has been boring.It's likr superman's worst qualities being pumped with bland quality storytelling.

And i am not of the mind that young adult jon can't be good or viceversa kid jon is alway top notch storytelling.
    I don't even disagree about the flaws of young adult Jon in terms of being pretty bland. That said, I always hated Kid Jon.

Kid Jon 100%.

If he has to exist at all, that is.

I don't necessarily dislike Superdad, but I absolutely do not want Superdad to become the standard across all media. So much so that I'll happily take another hard reboot (rumored to be happening anyway) in a few years.

Kid Jon. Because DC has so many super-powered teens, and Kon fits that role just fine. So Jon being a kid means there's a wider variety of stories possible in the Super-Verse... for a writer that's not too lazy to write kids (which is most of them).

The amount of lost story potential is just insane.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Arrow

Kid Jon all day long every day. It is a no contest for me.

The only thing, IMO, Teen Jon has that Kid Jon doesn't is Jay, and let's face facts, Jay (currently, he could always improve in the future with good writing, who knows) is a less exciting version of Classic Gwen Stacy. He's an extremely boring two-dimensional "perfect" character who contributes little if anything of value to the plot other than serving as the generic love interest. He's DC's NyQuil....
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-27-2023 at 07:57 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

This would be the perfect place for that "Why not both?" meme.

I enjoy Jon as a kid a little more, but I like both versions of the character.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    This would be the perfect place for that "Why not both?" meme.

I enjoy Jon as a kid a little more, but I like both versions of the character.
    Because it's poll for for preference..people like them both or hate them both.But still,they would lean one way or another.Like you yourself.

CW John is the version I clicked with so technically teen.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-01-2023 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    CW John is the version I clicked with so technically teen.
    This is a distinction worth making. I don't like Kid Jon on the farm at all in the comics, but the CW's Older Kid Jonathan, I like a lot more. Maybe as much or more than the comics' Young Adult Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Kid Jon. Because DC has so many super-powered teens, and Kon fits that role just fine. So Jon being a kid means there's a wider variety of stories possible in the Super-Verse... for a writer that's not too lazy to write kids (which is most of them).

The amount of lost story potential is just insane.
    Couldn't agree more with that last sentence. I like teen Jon a lot but still can't believe DC aged the character so quickly. Very poor move IMO, especially with Kon already basically in the teen/early post-teen role.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    This is a distinction worth making. I don't like Kid Jon on the farm at all in the comics, but the CW's Older Kid Jonathan, I like a lot more. Maybe as much or more than the comics' Young Adult Jon.
    Teen Jon has some cool ideas but poor execution. So I'm hoping the show could take some of them and do them better. I'm also hoping Jon pops up in Gunn's DCU so you could do a better transition between kid Jon and his adult version.