Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars News

Niffleheim

‘Star Wars’ Announces New Movie ‘The Mandalorian & Grogu’ From Director Jon Favreau

“The Mandalorian & Grogu” will lead Lucasfilm’s upcoming feature-length development slate, including separate “Star Wars” films directed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, James Mangold and Filoni.
    https://variety.com/2024/film/news/m...au-1235866277/
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

...I don't think Grogu needs to be in the title.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...I don't think Grogu needs to be in the title.
    they want families not to skip it
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    they want families not to skip it
    Sure, but it's still a bad title. Even something like "The Mandalorians: The Book of Din Grogu" would be better.

I don't think the title matters that much for recognition factors anyway. Disney will pull the marketing machine out for this one. The hyper-profitable Baby Yoda in a movie? Yeah there won't be an isolated tribe in the Amazon that isn't over-saturated with merchandise and advertisements.

Pretty stoked about this news. Mando the Movie and Ahsoka season 2? Take my money. Only thing that could make it better would be getting something with the original trilogy characters too (cartoon, one-off D+ special, something!).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I hope the movie is a step up from season 3 and isn't a stealth Bo movie .

I'm not surprised about Ahsoka season 2. I guess they'll address how they get out of there (if they do at all), what Baylan is after, and whether Sabine will stop screwing up.

Niffleheim

I'm glad the way the season ended for Djarin and Grogu resting at their little house and now working for the new republic - mission ready.

Right? I live in fear of that now. I'd like to think that the fan response was loud enough for Fav, Filoni, and Kennedy to notice but....they don't seem like they make many adjustments because of fan complaints.

I'm not surprised about Ahsoka season 2
    No, but it's nice to have confirmation. I hope we hear how they're gonna handle Baylan soon. Recast? Change the plot? I'm good with whatever they think is best for the story, but I don't want it to become a point of speculation.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm not surprised about Ahsoka season 2. I guess they'll address how they get out of there (if they do at all), what Baylan is after, and whether Sabine will stop screwing up.
    I don't think Sackoff isn't really much of a movie star type, apart from some roles in horror movies and a role in a Riddick movie. Seems like she's more comfortable with TV stuff.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No, but it's nice to have confirmation. I hope we hear how they're gonna handle Baylan soon. Recast? Change the plot? I'm good with whatever they think is best for the story, but I don't want it to become a point of speculation.
    They're stuck on that planet so they probably need to figure something out...

Extraordinary Member

They could make the film the “Part One” to Ahsoka’s “Part Two.”

The interesting question for me is if there’s going to be any major character arc for Din, or if Season 3 was supposed to kind of “prove” he was perfectly fine just being static now, and some big villain or problem will be the main attraction instead.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

They're stuck on that planet so they probably need to figure something out...
    Didn't Filoni already say they were figuring out how to handle Baylan and plotting it out? And I want to know what their plan is sooner rather than later. Just seems better for everybody if the fans are sitting around talking about how direction will play out, rather than what the direction will be.

I mean, it felt like the Marvel fandom was in a better place once we knew Shuri was taking over as Black Panther, and Fiege/Coogler weren't recasting T'Challa. A lot of us didn't like it, but at least it wasn't a question any longer, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The interesting question for me is if there’s going to be any major character arc for Din, or if Season 3 was supposed to kind of “prove” he was perfectly fine just being static now, and some big villain or problem will be the main attraction instead.
    I mean, Star Wars usually prides itself on having cool, toy-etic villains, and they usually get plenty of screen time.

Din will probably have an arc of some kind, but I don't know if it'll be as deep as you and I would want. I don't have a lot of hope that the show will grow into much more than a spaghetti western in space, and those tend to run light on character development. Plus, a movie has like, a third of the run time a season of the show has, so there's even less time for character development.

I bet we'll get Grogu's first words though.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-12-2024 at 09:24 PM.

~ Black Panther.

Niffleheim

They could make the film the “Part One” to Ahsoka’s “Part Two.”.
    That's Filoni's story to tell not Favreau. I've a feeling that this movie has more to do with star wars positive PR campaign first and then assuring the shareholders that the announcement wont collapse down the line by the firing of the creatives like it has been known to be in the past than anything to do with how important it is to continue telling a star wars story of any kind

since fans have had to abandon him becoming a manda'lor then i'm guessing what is remaining when you say static is him continuing to being a child of the watch.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-13-2024 at 07:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I mean, Star Wars usually prides itself on having cool, toy-etic villains, and they usually get plenty of screen time.

Din will probably have an arc of some kind, but I don't know if it'll be as deep as you and I would want. I don't have a lot of hope that the show will grow into much more than a spaghetti western in space, and those tend to run light on character development. Plus, a movie has like, a third of the run time a season of the show has, so there's even less time for character development.

I bet we'll get Grogu's first words though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post

since fans have had to abandon him becoming a manda'lor then i'm guessing what is remaining when you say static is him continuing to being a child of the watch.
    Yeah, Din having any super significant character arc seems just as unlikely as the other Mandalorian characters coming back so we can start deconstructing them again; I suspect that Favreau may have been setting up a deeper story, but when he started working on Season 3, realized he both hated the idea of Din straying too far from being a Space Cowboy and that he preferred the Mandos being an uncritical idea of a Proud Warrior Race and didn’t like the darker, deconstructive take on the idea anymore.

Like, on another board, someone pointed out that the Armorer having that dark side a lot of people observed/speculated on explored could make a movie quality antagonist and provide Din with a major character arc… but not only was the time for that back in Season 3, but Season 3 also seemed to specifically try and provide handwave denying the set-up and any problems with the Mandalorians.

Of course, you could still have some Evil Mando as a villain for the movie and do an abbreviated and less challenging version of the story…

The latest speculation/rumor/leak is that the film might just be the two-part finale of Season 4 made into a cheap but profitable film… which would still likely mean at least something fun.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Niffleheim

Carl Weathers Dies: ‘Rocky’ & ‘Predator’ Star Who Appeared In ‘Happy Gilmore’, ‘The Mandalorian’ & More Was 76

https://deadline.com/2024/02/carl-we...ad-1235812684/