Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars News

I think Nomad City could also possibly work as one of Karga's new ventures.

Plus it'd probably be really cool to see it in live action. Basically it's made out of salvaged parts-a Dreadnought but with forty Imperial walkers as legs. (Dreadnoughts are still canon, although they've seldom appeared in Disney's stuff).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So the "Galactic starcruiser" hotel will be closing this fall.
    That went by quick. Not that I could afford it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That went by quick. Not that I could afford it.
    Yeah, I'm thinking it's closing due to having a hard time meeting occupancy goals. Why you wouldn't just then lower the price if that were happening is beyond me though.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

They had a lot of people in costume, and unique foods and drink and stuff right? Lot of LED "windows" showing stuff like hyperspace or whatever? Overhead and operational costs might have been too high to lower consumer prices perhaps.

Or maybe Disney plans on leaving Florida completely and decided to pull this plug early since it wasn't making money anyway?

Personally I'd love to see the company leave Florida. I got no love for the Mouse and its evil empire, nor do I agree with special treatment of corporations, but anything that screws over the Don't Say Gay state is something I'm forced to support via lesser evils.

I think Nomad City could also possibly work as one of Karga's new ventures.
    He seems pretty satisfied with Nevarro. But given the volcanic nature of that planet, maybe they could say that chunks of the planet are utterly inhospitable and put Nomad City there? We wouldn't get the big umbrella shield ships (which would be a toy-line loss) but it'd build up Nevarro as a setting and provide personal motivations for Greef and Din.

Or if nothing else, maybe Nomad City is on another planet in the same system, one even closer to the local sun?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mark Hamill Is Fine With Star Wars Recasting Luke Skywalker

https://gizmodo.com/mark-hamill-luke...ney-1850480679

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking it's closing due to having a hard time meeting occupancy goals. Why you wouldn't just then lower the price if that were happening is beyond me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    They had a lot of people in costume, and unique foods and drink and stuff right? Lot of LED "windows" showing stuff like hyperspace or whatever? Overhead and operational costs might have been too high to lower consumer prices perhaps.
    ?

Maybe Disney was trying to make enough profit to pay back the investors or banks for the construction costs rather than operational costs. I hear that it costs around $2 billion to build that hotel.

Where did the Disney get the $2 billion to fund the hotel construction? Bank loans or wealthy investors, perhaps?

when I calculated those figures, now I sort of understand why they would not lower the prices.

There are 100 cabins in the hotel (94 standard cabins, four Galaxy Class suites and two Grand Captain suites). They didn't specify the price on Galaxy Class and Grand Captain suites but i am guessing they are little more expensive than a standard cabin.

$6000 for a family of four.

100 hotel rooms x $6000 x 365 days = $219,000,000

That is just a one-tenth of the construction costs
    So if they make that amount in one year, they couldn't make a dent in the $2 billion construction expenses.

365 days x 10 years= 3650 days

100 hotel rooms x $6000 x 3650 days = $2,190,000,000

So It will take them ten years to make $2 billion dollars?

So why would you spend about $2 billion on a windowless hotel, only to cover a fraction of that amount of money in one year?
    Last edited by Zauriel; 05-30-2023 at 02:31 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Mark Hamill Is Fine With Star Wars Recasting Luke Skywalker

https://gizmodo.com/mark-hamill-luke...ney-1850480679
    Why should they recast him when they can use the deepfake tech? They don't even require his consent to reuse the character in other projects.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

So small new info on the rey film. This is really starting to feel like a jedi academy film. Wonder if the students are the main heroes and rey will take a teacher role like harry potter or strange academy?

Without the dark side limiting the powers of the Jedi, they will be able to accomplish greater feats in Rey's New Jedi Order movie. Rey already demonstrated tremendous Force powers by the time of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, including Force healing, teleporting objects across space, and powerful Force lightning. These are just a few of the light and dark side Force powers in canon, so as Rey continues to grow as a Jedi Master, she can guide her students into unlocking their true potential in the Force. Each Padawan can specialize in a certain Force ability, whether it comes from the Living Force or the Cosmic Force.

Rey's New Jedi Order may achieve the Force abilities seen during the High Republic era. Jedi Master Avar Kriss mastered the Jedi Force Meld, an ability first seen in Star Wars Legends, and Vernestra "Vern" Rwoh mastered the hyperspace tripping Force power. The Jedi of the High Republic were also encouraged to explore their individual abilities, and since Rey is learning from the original Jedi text, perhaps her New Jedi Order will adopt a more decentralized structure. The variety of Force abilities and the newfound freedom from the dark side is sure to make Rey's New Jedi Order like nothing seen in Star Wars before.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...b7e17a02&ei=76
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-12-2023 at 06:02 PM.

Treat Williams just died in an accident. He visited Carrie Fisher on the set of EMPIRE and appeared as a Rebel soldier extra, although nobody has spotted where he is in the movie. He did have some fun BTS photos with Carrie and some of the other actors though.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The three Star Wars films have been pushed over to December ‘25, May ‘26 and December ‘26 respectively. Kind of crazy after years of silence that we get three films in just over a year. Hopefully they don’t have a repeat of Solo and mess up with the first one so that bombs the others.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The three Star Wars films have been pushed over to December ‘25, May ‘26 and December ‘26 respectively. Kind of crazy after years of silence that we get three films in just over a year. Hopefully they don’t have a repeat of Solo and mess up with the first one so that bombs the others.
    I still think that Solo was part of a one-two-three punch that emerged well before TLJ was released, worsened when TLJ *did* come out, and then landed on the mat with Solo.

The real start of the issue was BTS issues even with Rogue One that alerted Kathleen Kennedy to the fact that not every director, producer, or LFL employee knew how to make a good Star Wars film; Solo started going into a chaotic BTS mess pretty much concurrently with LFL realizing that they didn’t like any sequel to TLJ that made Kylo the central villain simply proved that maybe LFL bit off more than they could chew.

Then I think TLJ alerted the audience to that fact as well because of how much it relied on the assumption that the audience hadn’t liked or understood the over-performing TFA, even if LFL clearly had severe denial and arrogance about that film themselves.

Solo was basically a wounded duck that just solidified the point to everyone, even if it’s still a decent film itself; it’s “cardinal sin” was that it’s story simply wasn’t worth the budget they spent on it.

Really, we’re kind of just hoping that adding Filoni as another story guy overseeing the new films encourages better storytelling there.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Lucas at the Dial of Destiny premiere with his wife. Looks like he's lost a lot of weight (in a good way).

Extraordinary Member

Carrie Fisher's last movie, Wonderwell, opens next week. The trailer just came out, looks to be a nice, fun little story similar in some respects to Alice In Wonderland, this one being set in Italy. Brought a bit of a tear to my eye, seeing her. She finished it 6 weeks prior to her passing. Might well be worth a look.

Niffleheim

Jon Favreau Says Din Djarin Was Never Supposed To Be Aragorn Of The Mandalorian

https://fandomwire.com/its-heavy-for...ting-season-3/

Katherine Kennedy Reveals Filoni's Mando-verse movie and Mangold's Dawn of the Jedi have more in common than we think

“I think it's a really nice compliment to what we're doing with moving into the future with Rey, and then understanding a bit more of where this all came from," she said. "Because it will be at the heart of creating the new Jedi Order, so to get a real sense of where that might have began with the dawn of the Jedi could be pretty cool."
    https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...ar-wars-movies
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

It would've been an epic story if he was...