Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars News

Somehow, Rey Palpatine returned.

Somebody was bound to say it.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm interested in Filoni's project at least.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Niffleheim

Star Wars Timeline

Dawn of the Jedi
    The Old Republic
    The High Republic
    The Fall of the Jedi
    Reign of the Empire
    Age of Rebellion
    The New Republic
    The Rise of the First Order
    The New Jedi Order
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-17-2023 at 02:16 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

What I find hilarious about people whining is that everyone has something now. I know I would like to see Luke’s Jedi Order at its height (Filoni’s film could actually feature some of that) as much as Rey’s, but otherwise they’re expanding in all directions nicely and letting everyone get something.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    What I find hilarious about people whining is that everyone has something now. I know I would like to see Luke’s Jedi Order at its height (Filoni’s film could actually feature some of that) as much as Rey’s, but otherwise they’re expanding in all directions nicely and letting everyone get something.
    I forsee a lot of backlash with Star Wars to be honest but "the future or force is female" meme that was peddled by the toxic "fringe" of the fanbase is now literally true, every single project except one or two are female led - I can't wait to see if the toxic fanbase will engage or they are tired and are no longer interested in anything Star Wars is serving. I hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-07-2023 at 08:27 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

The director lineup for ‘STAR WARS SKELETON CREW

Jon Watts
    David Lowery
    The Daniels
    Jake Scherier
    Bryce Dallas Howard
    Lee Isaac Chung
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-07-2023 at 07:45 AM.

Niffleheim

Here is a screenshot of a new poster for The Mandalorian

Wonder if Ben Solo will show up as a force ghost.

Luke as well.

Leia maybe too, if Billie is OK with it.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am a bit disappointed that Jude is apparently ANOTHER surviving human Jedi. Could practically form a band with them at this point. Assuming he’s not dead or evil by the time Filoni’s film is out I wonder if we can get Luke, Ezra, Cal and Ahsoka and possibly this guy all together against Thrawn.

Kind of wondering if Baylon might be the Disney analog of C'baoth? Not necessarily the clone/crazy angle but a Dark Jedi in Thrawn's employ with his own plans.

It'd be cool to have a scene like his "battle meditation" (Where he is able to help coordinate Thrawn's forces in multiple systems through the force)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if Ben Solo will show up as a force ghost.
    God, I hope not.

The last thing we need is any “Ben Solo nostalgia” when the LFL-concept of Ben Solo was a cancer that screwed over Rey, Finn, the entire ST, Kylo Ren, and ultimately the very family story he was a parasite upon for his relevance.

…Now, actually examining Ben Solo a bit, maybe having Rey freed from the “curse” of the Dyad, able to express some disgust and horror at her relationship with him, and reworking how she relates to him as a fellow victim of brainwashing and Sith magic, as part of a plan to free her from him and actually make creators grapple with how Ben Solo was a trash character if he couldn’t be admitted as a monster first before we could pretend he was something more?

I could get behind that.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

So we're getting the origin of the Jedi, an Heir to the Empire movie, and sequels to redeem the sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Somehow, Rey Palpatine returned.

Somebody was bound to say it.
    I raced to this board hoping to be the first
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So we're getting the origin of the Jedi, an Heir to the Empire movie, and sequels to redeem the sequels.
    Sounds good to me.

The guy who made Logan doing a biblical movie about the founding of the Jedi Order? I'm down. Just hoping they don't add anything dumb like midochlorians again. Force should be mysterious.

A Thrawn-centric team-up movie with Din, Ashoka, and Boba? Was talking about the "cool but unlikely" possibility of a team-up show like Defenders, and we're getting a film? F*ck yeah.

Rey building a new Jedi Order? Well, revisiting the sequels might not be what people want, but the Clone Wars cartoon redeemed/fixed the prequels and this movie can do the same for the sequels. It can bring some honor back to the original cast, point the sequel cast/mythos in a better direction and give Rey/Finn/Poe a solid send-off, and we can be done with it.

Ashoka's trailer looks amazing. Everything I wanted to see. Can't wait.

Did they say if Fav and Filloni are running the whole show? If these guys haven't been given the keys to the kingdom yet somebody needs to get on that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Niffleheim

Mandalorian Producer Confirms Din Djarin is No Longer the Only Main Character

https://www.ign.com/articles/mandalo...source=twitter

Executive producer Rick Famuyiwa has addressed those questions in an interview with IGN, and yes, the fans are right to question it. Turns out, the titular Mandalorian is no longer considered to be just Din.

"I think that's been interesting as we've been on the journey of the show, and now that we're at this point, is that, what does that title mean?," Famuyiwa told IGN.
    "I think now with Bo possessing the Darksaber, I know that there was a lot of expectations that might have shifted both in terms of what it meant for Din Djarin, but also for Bo and what does it mean?," he continued.

"Who is the Mandalorian at this point? And so I think it could be anyone. And I think that's what they're trying to define in many ways, is what does that mean to be Mandalorian?"
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-07-2023 at 02:50 PM.