Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars News

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    That's a pretty awesome poster. Pays tribute to the original poster with the Vader over everything (Which also inspired the TLJ poster) and also way better than Struzan's kind of awkward SE poster, which featured Chewbacca, Yoda, and Jabba prominently. It kind of works if you combine it with the ANH and ESB SE posters which featured Luke/Han/Leia and then Vader and the Emperor, but as a standalone poster it was pretty bad.
    Yep, nice poster. For a much better SW movie than anything since. MUCH better, and it was itself the least of the original trilogy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this.
    As do I.

Oh well, it could be worse...

Niffleheim

Star Wars confirms Clone Force 99 will return in the third and final season of The Bad Batch.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-the-ba...ampaign=CBR-TW
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Star Wars confirms Clone Force 99 will return in the third and final season of The Bad Batch.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-the-ba...ampaign=CBR-TW
    Three seasons is a pretty solid number.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I mean, they kind of had to, it ended on a cliff hanger.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Daisy Ridley to Reprise Role as Rey in New ‘Star Wars’ Film

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/d...ie-1235572603/
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if Ben Solo will show up as a force ghost.

Luke as well.

Leia maybe too, if Billie is OK with it.
    Doesn't one need to undergo a particular kind of training to achieve becoming a Force ghost? It's not like any Force user just becomes one automatically after death. I can buy that Anakin practiced in his little pod between blowing up planets and killing children esp since he's always wanted to conquer death, but at this point it comes across as one's "heavenly reward" for being virtuous, or redeemed. That said, I do hope Luke's Force ghost helps Rey in the creation of the new Jedi Order.

Mandalorian Producer Confirms Din Djarin is No Longer the Only Main Character
    Grogu's a Mandalorian too, so there's that.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    As do I.

Oh well, it could be worse...
    - Disgusting Treatment to Luke Skywalker's Character
    - Killed the Skywalkers AND Solos
    - Brought the Emperor back to undo the Sacrifice of the Skywalkers

All this to pave the way for Rey so she can save the day!

Not sure how it can get any worse
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-15-2023 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Doesn't one need to undergo a particular kind of training to achieve becoming a Force ghost?
    Yeah, and it's not something most Jedi were even aware of. Qui-Gon was, I think, the first "modern" Jedi to uncover the knowledge, which then spread to Yoda and then Kenobi and Luke. I'm not sure where Vader would have even heard about it, as it doesn't appear to be a Sith skill and no reference is made to Yoda teaching him (I don't think).

If Ben Solo returns as a Force ghost I suppose Luke could have taught him, though that seems an odd skill to teach a padawan. I'm hoping Adam Driver doesn't return at all. Good actor, terrible character. But I'd more than welcome Luke's Force ghost returning. Anything that helps recover the character from the damage the sequels did to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Not getting future content that can course-correct and add context to those awful films would be worse. Just leaving us in the sorry state we were in. Getting future content that *doesn't* course-correct or add context would be worse too.

Let us not forget, the prequels are terrible films too, but the story and characters were made viable with additional work. Same can happen for the sequels.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Doesn't one need to undergo a particular kind of training to achieve becoming a Force ghost? It's not like any Force user just becomes one automatically after death. I can buy that Anakin practiced in his little pod between blowing up planets and killing children esp since he's always wanted to conquer death, but at this point it comes across as one's "heavenly reward" for being virtuous, or redeemed. That said, I do hope Luke's Force ghost helps Rey in the creation of the new Jedi Order.

Grogu's a Mandalorian too, so there's that.
    I think it's still a bit vague how exactly it works I think. I think one kind of a gets a "free pass" if they sacrifice themselves selflessly, like Anakin and Ben. Or Obi-Wan and Luke/Leia might've acted as some sort of spiritual advocate or bridge?

Kind of funny that Qui-Gon is said to be the one to 'discover' the technique, but I think the whole reason it was an issue in the first place is that Qui-Gon didn't fade away when he died. (With Anakin/Vader it's a bit vague, we cut back to Luke after Anakin dies, then we only see the suit in the pyre.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Could we get Kanan as a Force Ghost?

Think Han was going to get killed off anyway, that was largely why Harrison agreed to come back in the first place. He loves playing Indiana Jones but has never been a big fan of Han Solo even though it largely launched his career.

Leia of course was something that really could not be avoided. Some of the original Episode 9 plans seem to indicate Leia would survive the trilogy but Carrie's death altered that.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Outside of Luke even thinking about murdering his nephew I have no issue with him in the sequels. His death was idiotic because Carrie died, and they had a full year to simply not have him disappear and instead live.

Yeah, I also can't be angry about Leia because it was out of their hands.

Han, I knew when Harrison was practically giddy during the TFA press tour that Han was a goner. I'm willing to bet Harrison had two caveats to do TFA Han dies, and he got to play Indiana Jones again. I do think it was stupid not to film any scenes between Luke, Leia, and Han even if to be used as flashbacks.

Palpatine was brought back in the EU also, so I never minded his return in TROS and feel his "Death" was less about Vader defeating the Sith and more about Vader saving his son. I also think Rey being a Palpatine helps erode some of the Mary Sue argument IMO she now has a strong connection to the force thanks to her linage much like Luke and especially Anakin the literal "Chosen One".

I said it before a Rey film or series about Rebuilding the Jedi could work well especially IMO if they bring Finn into it and reveal he is a Jedi. Also, introduce Mara Jade and reveal her and Luke did have a relationship just not a marriage and perhaps introduce a Skywalker child.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Outside of Luke even thinking about murdering his nephew I have no issue with him in the sequels. His death was idiotic because Carrie died, and they had a full year to simply not have him disappear and instead live.

Yeah, I also can't be angry about Leia because it was out of their hands.

Han, I knew when Harrison was practically giddy during the TFA press tour that Han was a goner. I'm willing to bet Harrison had two caveats to do TFA Han dies, and he got to play Indiana Jones again. I do think it was stupid not to film any scenes between Luke, Leia, and Han even if to be used as flashbacks.

Palpatine was brought back in the EU also, so I never minded his return in TROS and feel his "Death" was less about Vader defeating the Sith and more about Vader saving his son. I also think Rey being a Palpatine helps erode some of the Mary Sue argument IMO she now has a strong connection to the force thanks to her linage much like Luke and especially Anakin the literal "Chosen One".

I said it before a Rey film or series about Rebuilding the Jedi could work well especially IMO if they bring Finn into it and reveal he is a Jedi. Also, introduce Mara Jade and reveal her and Luke did have a relationship just not a marriage and perhaps introduce a Skywalker child.
    My whole issue is that Anakin was later said to be the one to return balance to the force. With not only saving his son (whom really saved him more than anything), but we had from the time of Return of the Jedi to The Last Jedi even, Palpatine was dead and balance was largely returned to the Force (not necessarily the Galaxy admittedly though). Then in one movie that was all thrown out.

Extraordinary Member

Well you could hear a garbage monster roar while enjoying the smell of a trash compactor. Or Kathleen Kennedy could be made president of Disney for life. Or she could be not immediately fired.
    Last edited by achilles; 04-17-2023 at 12:38 PM.