Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars News

Fantastic Member

I feel like the Mortis arc made it pretty clear that the Force operates on a Light/Dark/Balance dynamic.

And that darkness and light must be held in tension. I know Lucas has said and made statements that the Sith are the imbalance, but Clone Wars/Rebels and the current leadership determining canon seem to lean heavily towards the need for both light and dark.

Niffleheim

Dave Filoni On Establishing Star Wars’ New Republic Era In The Mandalorian: ‘The Empire Is Acting More Like The Rebels’ – Exclusive

https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news...ian-exclusive/
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Star Wars: Boba Fett Actor Claims He Was Supposed to Return in The Mandalorian but "Nobody Rang"

During an appearance at the SUPANOVA Comic Con & Gaming convention in Melbourne, Australia, per MSN, the actor admitted, "I was supposed to be in The Mandalorian Season 3 but nobody rang me. I was waiting for the phone call in New Zealand, waiting and wanting to give up."

Boba Fett appeared in the final moments of the Season 2 premiere of The Mandalorian, while going on to be an important part of Djarin's overall adventure in the season, and even earned a post-credits scene in the Season 2 finale for The Book of Boba Fett. While it wasn't much of a surprise that Djarin then appeared in The Book of Boba Fett, some fans were disappointed that he earned so much screen time on a mission that was totally detached from Boba Fett. Morrison similarly joked about those deviations from his character's story.

"Well that Mando guy stole a few chapters of my book," the actor shared. "It was painful watching him turn up with some black new lethal sword. And the way he turned up in my Book of Boba, he just destroyed everybody. I'm sure this guy is… ah… ruining my show. But I couldn't say anything. I'm not the writer, so I have to bear it I guess."
    https://comicbook.com/starwars/news/...uera-morrison/
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-25-2023 at 08:49 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I mean, it was interesting that Boba got a redemption arc, and it began through a reclusive tribe of Sand People, but it took Din's appearance to make the show better overall.

I was all for Boba coming in and helping. He owes Din and Grogu that much at least (his own words), but I just don't see him connecting to the other Mandos. If not coming to blows with a number of them for his history of working with Vader alone. Just a lot to jump through to make a short appearance work.

What I do hope for, is for Omega and Boba to connect. Both went different directions from the Clone Wars, but are still connected.

Guess that doesn't bode well for Rex in Ashoka, unless he spends the entire episode in a helmet and is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Guess that doesn't bode well for Rex in Ashoka, unless he spends the entire episode in a helmet and is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
    And has a snow white beard...

How long do the accelerated clones live anyway?

AOTC's dialogue and the look of it's clones without helmets seems to strongly imply that it's about twice the regular age.

So Rex would probably be around 45/65 or so by the time of Ashoka I think (32+4 OT years+5-10 years after ROTJ?)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Niffleheim

The Star Wars: Timelines Book Places Rey With The New Jedi Order Symbol

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rey...r-first-image/

Niffleheim

Damon Lindelof Says He Was 'Asked to Leave' His Star Wars Project

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...lof-star-wars/

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Sounds like that was not the sort of 'balance' the Jedi Council wanted... (The Force may or may not have gotten balanced, but the 'balance of power' between the Jedi and Sith sure got a lot more balanced than it had been!)
    Now that we'll be seeing the formation of the new Jedi Order, bringing "balance" always meant to me - or at least I hope - will come from using the Force while embracing attachment - not just to loved ones, but to everyone. Luke showed it with his attachment to Vader, so he can still be an example. It's an easy answer to me, and SW tends to trade in fairly simple but universal concepts.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Now that we'll be seeing the formation of the new Jedi Order, bringing "balance" always meant to me - or at least I hope - will come from using the Force while embracing attachment - not just to loved ones, but to everyone. Luke showed it with his attachment to Vader, so he can still be an example. It's an easy answer to me, and SW tends to trade in fairly simple but universal concepts.
    Yeah, healthy acceptance and control of one's feelings, rather than pretending they don't have them (and growing increasingly alienated from human concerns, too lost in their 'big picture' and 'greater good' to see the little people whose troubles they are ignoring, like how they left Anakin's mother to die in slavery, which had a lot to do with his eventual turn to the darkside, when they could have spent a coupla quatloo to bring her along to the Jedi temple and let her work in the kitchens or something!).

Even as a kid, watching Empire Strikes Back on the big screen, I felt like the whole Jedi philosophy (as expounded on by Yoda) was BS. Fear and anger and hate are not 'dark' emotions, they are, at times, utterly necessary. Fear is needed to keep people from doing dangerous things like handling vipers. Anger is necessary when bad things are happening and you need the motivation to stand up and shout and do something about them, instead of sit placidly by letting evil happen. 'Good' emotions like hope and love can also lead to terrible things, like people spending their social security checks on lottery tickets, or stalking someone who doesn't return their feelings (or remaining with someone who is terrible to them!). The whole 'these feelings are always bad' logic fails for me. Everything is fine in moderation, under appropriate circumstances. Some things it's utterly right to fear, or be angry about, or even to hate. Other times, too much hope or love or contentment can be bad.

Yoda's Jedi philosophy was garbage, IMO.

So yeah, I'd love to see some force users, not necessarily Jedi, who accepted their connections to the universe, but didn't, like the Sith, allow their emotions to control them and flip out all the time (cause they are even more obviously self-defeating and wrong as the Jedi!). Both factions go too far, in their respective directions. Jedi always avoid, Sith always confront. Circumstances require a person who can do both, as the situation calls for. You can't always win the game by always confronting, and never defending. You also can't reliably win by always reacting, and never going on the attack. Adaptation is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, healthy acceptance and control of one's feelings, rather than pretending they don't have them (and growing increasingly alienated from human concerns, too lost in their 'big picture' and 'greater good' to see the little people whose troubles they are ignoring, like how they left Anakin's mother to die in slavery, which had a lot to do with his eventual turn to the darkside, when they could have spent a coupla quatloo to bring her along to the Jedi temple and let her work in the kitchens or something!).

Even as a kid, watching Empire Strikes Back on the big screen, I felt like the whole Jedi philosophy (as expounded on by Yoda) was BS. Fear and anger and hate are not 'dark' emotions, they are, at times, utterly necessary. Fear is needed to keep people from doing dangerous things like handling vipers. Anger is necessary when bad things are happening and you need the motivation to stand up and shout and do something about them, instead of sit placidly by letting evil happen. 'Good' emotions like hope and love can also lead to terrible things, like people spending their social security checks on lottery tickets, or stalking someone who doesn't return their feelings (or remaining with someone who is terrible to them!). The whole 'these feelings are always bad' logic fails for me. Everything is fine in moderation, under appropriate circumstances. Some things it's utterly right to fear, or be angry about, or even to hate. Other times, too much hope or love or contentment can be bad.

Yoda's Jedi philosophy was garbage, IMO.

So yeah, I'd love to see some force users, not necessarily Jedi, who accepted their connections to the universe, but didn't, like the Sith, allow their emotions to control them and flip out all the time (cause they are even more obviously self-defeating and wrong as the Jedi!). Both factions go too far, in their respective directions. Jedi always avoid, Sith always confront. Circumstances require a person who can do both, as the situation calls for. You can't always win the game by always confronting, and never defending. You also can't reliably win by always reacting, and never going on the attack. Adaptation is needed.
    I mean, that was basically Luke and his Jedi Order in Legends. They learned from the previous Order, and Luke even married and had kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I mean, that was basically Luke and his Jedi Order in Legends. They learned from the previous Order, and Luke even married and had kids.
    I think I preferred the way the novels did things too. Far as I can remember them anyway, other than the first Thrawn trilogy I haven't read and of the Legends stuff since the 90's.

I really hope this sequel-to-the-sequels establishes two things:

1. More, and more diverse, Force philosophies/religions. Up to now the Jedi have been the only major Force-related "faith" in the galaxy. Other groups exist, but they're small, mostly unimportant, without influence. I want to see a more robust offering. I want Jedi of course, but let's expand and build on those other groups too. Let's get some characters who see and use the Force differently, without being evil dark siders.

2. A Jedi Order that's learned from the mistakes of the past. I think it's pretty clear that the orthodox Jedi way doesn't work. Luke uses it with Grogu and loses him to Mandalore, then lost Ben to the dark side. So while I wouldn't argue with a small group of orthodox Jedi still being around, on the whole I want to see the group evolve and change. Really learn the lessons of the Skywalker saga. Find a better balance.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I really think Luke's Jedi Order would've allowed for attachments or been different had A. they not had to workaround it collapsing because the Sequels needed a plot and to show that everything got screwed up and B. needed an excuse for Grogu to go back with Mando.

So, that's another thing we can chalk up to the sequels for messing up that was quite popular beforehand.