Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree with you that the character will never be totally redeemed and Infamous Iron Man at least showed he was willing to try. But when Mephisto messed up his face again we are sort of back to the status quo. I am curious to see his next appearance in the Fantastic Four.

But we do have this.....after all he saved the Multiverse from being wiped away by the Beyonders.....

Yeah Doom is a character who is capable of both villainy and heroism, sometimes intertwined, both of which are born from his own self interests which he then justifies to himself as if they are for the good of mankind. Sometimes this is true and other times it is not which is what makes him interesting to me. Fully redeeming him defeats the purpose of the character I think. I am glad Infamous Iron Man showed a more altruistic Doom but I think the best place for the character is on the thin line between good and evil without fully committing to either side.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 03-21-2023 at 09:09 AM.

"We must destroy the Beyonders! Do you have any idea of the harm they can do with their power? I wanted to do that harm!"

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    "We must destroy the Beyonders! Do you have any idea of the harm they can do with their power? I wanted to do that harm!"
    Except he didn't....... He saved pieces of the remaining worlds to form Battleworld. If he hadn't done that, Reed wouldn't have been able to put everything back together again. Have you ever read Secret Wars 2015?

He saved the what was left of the Multiverse with the assistance of the Molecule Man and Doctor Strange but neither Strange nor the Molecule Man wanted to rule

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-21-2023 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    So, Mark Miller?

Peace
    Exactly! He made all of the Avengers look like jerks. Kudos to Jan for sticking up for Hank.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 03-21-2023 at 06:59 PM.

Norman Osborn
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Exactly! He made all of the Avengers look like jerks. Kudos to Jan for sticking up for Hank.
    Miller has repeatedly said his ultimate Avengers was meant to be satirical. He finds it odd that people take took the portrayals so literal. He made the Hulk a cannibal, Nick Fury a serial adulterist and the maximoffs an incesteuos couple.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Miller has repeatedly said his ultimate Avengers was meant to be satirical. He finds it odd that people take took the portrayals so literal. He made the Hulk a cannibal, Nick Fury a serial adulterist and the maximoffs an incesteuos couple.
    Some people like those versions of the characters, inexplicably.

As for redemption arcs, I do like that many of the mutants on Krakoa have sort of sniffed at the idea, but not at all gone for it. Selene and Sebastian Shaw and Mystique, for instance, are still happy being horrible selfish people, and haven't been softpedalled at all.

But to chuck one more on the pile, Arcade better never be redeemed. Dude kills some teens to prove he can still kill people to his customers who are less willing to hire him after all his previous failures to kill adult heroes.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Sabretooth. The dude is a rapist and murderer.
    Red Skull (for obvious reasons).
    Definitely. I hate that he is on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Definitely. I hate that he is on Krakoa.
    He isn't in Krakoa, what are you talking about?

Good villains no matter their reasonings, are hard to come by, why would you want to redeem them? I can't see a lot of them being given a chance at redemption without first doing time for their multiple crimes. Guys like Dr. Doom, Magneto, Green Goblin, and Red Skull, should stay villains.

The leaders of Hydra.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

But to chuck one more on the pile, Arcade better never be redeemed. Dude kills some teens to prove he can still kill people to his customers who are less willing to hire him after all his previous failures to kill adult heroes.
    Did you see his more recent storyline? The guy has been killing people by the 100s in his own little Murder World Squid Games/Hunger Games/Battle Royale competition AND he's selling tapes of it. The guy may have lost his mojo for a little bit, but he seems like he's back on top again.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

the correct answer is Normy

that dude is pure evillll; the fact that the current run is redeeming is wild as well

I mean did we forget Dark Reign?

Amazing Member

Reedeming is always imposible if the casual know the shit, that's why Pym hitting Jan is bad but Peter hitting a pregnant MJ not.
    Anyway, at this point Beast can't be redeemed, Scott left his wife and Logan killed some of his children , but his problem is that he isn't the funny man anymore , he is Dark Beast.
    And the worst thing is that the writer made him like this unaware.
    Also Sentry.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    the correct answer is Normy

that dude is pure evillll; the fact that the current run is redeeming is wild as well

I mean did we forget Dark Reign?
    The current run isn't redeeming shit , both Cantwell and Wells are following a stupid plot twist made by Spencer, and trying to do the best they can.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Reedeming is always imposible if the casual know the shit, that's why Pym hitting Jan is bad but Peter hitting a pregnant MJ not.
    Anyway, at this point Beast can't be redeemed, Scott left his wife and Logan killed some of his children , but his problem is that he isn't the funny man anymore , he is Dark Beast.
    And the worst thing is that the writer made him like this unaware.
    Also Sentry.

The current run isn't redeeming shit , both Cantwell and Wells are following a stupid plot twist made by Spencer, and trying to do the best they can.
    I mean Gold Goblin being a good guy and helping Pete seems pretty redeemy; I mean he's the only one that helps him get back to MJ (which I find oh so ironic)