View Poll Results: Is Comic Book Movie Fatigue Happening?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I think Audiences Are Finally Getting Tired Of These Movies

55 44.72%
  • No - This has been wildly exaggerated

46 37.40%
  • Too Early To Say Either Way

22 17.89%
Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    In addition, there are some DC and former Fox X-men film fans who have been screeching about how "bad" comic book movies were because those shared universes eventually flamed out. These guys are celebrating because now "ALL" superhero movies are flopping. It's weird and unfortunate.
    I realize alot of anti-phase 4 types and anti-phase 5 types are hardcore x-men or hardcore dc fans or both and now anti disney star wars types who were fans were always jealous of the mcu success and can't take it anymore,so their mouths have gotten louder.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-13-2023 at 04:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The dcu reboot really starts with creature commandos on hbo max.
    Creature Commandos is an upcoming American adult animated television series based on DC Comics featuring the eponymous team. Produced by DC Studios and Warner Bros. Animation, it will be both the first television series in the DC Universe (DCU) and the first installment overall. It focuses on a black ops team of monsters assembled by Amanda Waller. All seven episodes were written by James Gunn.
    Creature Commandos will be released on the streaming service Max in 2024. It will be part of the DCU's Chapter One: Gods and Monsters.
    Anyway the mcu will still have one movie out next year but 3 marvel movies are still coming out from sony marvel,plus some mcu projects on diseny plus/hulu,so for marvel they are not taking a break but there will be less mcu movies.

Extraordinary Member

Some dc shows are still coming out as well but of course they are not movies but the penguin series is connected to the batman movie universe and creature commandos (TV series) is conneced to dcu upcoming movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Well the people who were loving DC, Sony and Fox's struggles sure as hell weren't called dicks but ok. I do not recall any sympathy when BvS was released and got absolutely savaged everywhere you turned. Seriously go back to any old thread about it or any DCEU movie really and it's a tidal wave of negativity. If it was ok then it should be ok now.

The rage and bashing of those DC and Fox movies ALWAYS focused on the final product on the screen.

At times when it comes to Marvel it goes beyond that.

It's okay for Wonder Woman to have movies but no other female can't.
    It's okay to hire certain folks but not others of certain demographics.

If we base on icon status-we can justify Batman, Superman, WW, Flash, Green Lantern, Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Harley and Joker. With cases for Blue Beetle, Black Adam and Batgirl.
    Excluding Adam-all those guys have comic book runs of success.
    Same with X-Men & Fantastic Four.
    Same with Spider-Man.

With the exception of a few-the rest you could justify having movies.

Marvel had to use their TRASH for over 30 films.
    Show me in a universe where GOTG has 3 movies and Flash, Green Lantern and WW do not.
    If Cap America 4 and Blade come out-we will have 4 black lead hero movies and DC & Fox can't get ONE off the ground.

At the end of the day Marvel tossed out 33 films. Antman counts for 3.

If DC fans have a gripe-they need to take it with DC instead of trying to celebrate Marvel woes. Because Marvel now has X-Men, Logan, FF and Deadpool. Now Marvel got all their weapons.

I would be more worried about that if I was DC fan.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The rage and bashing of those DC and Fox movies ALWAYS focused on the final product on the screen.

If we base on icon status-we can justify Batman, Superman, WW, Flash, Green Lantern, Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Harley and Joker. With cases for Blue Beetle, Black Adam and Batgirl.
    Same with Spider-Man.

Show me in a universe where GOTG has 3 movies and Flash, Green Lantern and WW do not.
    If Cap America 4 and Blade come out-we will have 4 black lead hero movies and DC & Fox can't get ONE off the ground.

If DC fans have a gripe-they need to take it with DC instead of trying to celebrate Marvel woes. Because Marvel now has X-Men, Logan, FF and Deadpool. Now Marvel got all their weapons.

Lol all their weapons? Did Marvel not turn a talking raccoon and tree into household names? Did Captain Marvel not make $1b? They have big weapons now and are fumbling them. They went from $400m for Z listers like Shang-Chi and the Eternals DURING THE PANDEMIC to a billion dollar sequel that will at best crawl to $200m. Why can't they spin gold now? Captain Marvel was one of their biggest solo films ever so don't even try to pull the she's a nobody card. Just earlier this year Quantumania was seen as the biggest flop Marvel ever put out. That made $214m in North America alone. The Marvels probably won't make that much in its entire worldwide run.

DC got an Aquaman movie to $1b too so Marvel aren't the only ones who can turn unpopular characters into popular movie characters. If MCU fans are mad take it up with Kevin Feige and company. Maybe if they put out better movies this wouldn't be happening right now.

Even if Marvel has all their weapons what makes you think they won't turn X-Men, F4 and Logan into dust.

Did they spin Spiderman into gold? Tom Holland is the worst Spiderman ever with the worst ''Spiderman'' movies. His Spiderman movies sucked big time. Those films were more tony stark protégé films than Spiderman films. I do not consider No Way Home a MCU film so that does not count.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Did they spin Spiderman into gold? Tom Holland is the worst Spiderman ever with the worst ''Spiderman'' movies. His Spiderman movies sucked big time. Those films were more tony stark protégé films than Spiderman films. I do not consider No Way Home a MCU film so that does not count.
    You don't consider a movie who's entire plot revolves around Doctor Strange an MCU movie?

Also, every MCU Spider-Man movie has performed better than every Sony one outside of Spider-Man 3. Yeah, I'd consider that gold. Your personal opinion of them doesn't discount factual box office returns.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Same with Spider-Man.

Yet they are now in DC's position with Marvels bombing

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Yet they are now in DC's position with Marvels bombing
    Naw, not at all. They still have plenty of goodwill and can easily course correct. We've already seen them taking steps to do so. Right now, literally every other MCU property alternates between being well received and poorly (Quantumania, GOTG3, SI, Loki, the Marvels.) They haven't had a string of back to back flops/poor performances like DC had suffered.

Astonishing Member

DC got an Aquaman movie to $1b too so Marvel aren't the only ones who can turn unpopular characters into popular movie characters. If MCU fans are mad take it up with Kevin Feige and company. Maybe if they put out better movies this wouldn't be happening right now.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Aquaman was a one and only, like Captain Marvel? My prediction for Aquaman 2 is...it will not perform well. To be fair, it will perform better than The Marvels and Ant-Man Q but don't hold your breath for another billion dollar movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Spider-Verse 3 will not be hurt box office wise, dude. And Stephen King's name will live long beyond us too.
    Aga8n, you're replying a point I didn't even make.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I realize alot of anti-phase 4 types and anti-phase 5 types are hardcore x-men or hardcore dc fans or both and now anti disney star wars types who were fans were always jealous of the mcu success and can't take it anymore,so their mouths have gotten louder.
    Yeah, some of them have waited for this moment to celebrate.

It's weird and unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    100% this, like you have already written, they have tried that since phase 1, honestly I have seen far more agressive message from them than the opposite

Phase 1 it was Nolan was superior to the MCU, Spider-Man 3 and TIH are trash, Iron Man 2 suck too

After that it was man of Steel vs Iron man 3 and Thor 2, for the fox fans it was to make the comparaison between both quicksilvers, there are also the TV show like Agents of Shield and Netflix ones, that everybody seem suddenly to like now, were deeply trashed, most DC fans thought than the CW DC shows or doom Patrol were better.

Later it was Deadpool movies and Logan were better than every marvels put together, for DC WW or Shazam in vs Cap Marvel, they love to make comparaison but are not happy if you didn't agree with them or if the MCU is successful, look how they celebrate with 1 bomb from Marvel when there are 4 just this year for DC (in their mind that mean they are in the same situation, all others MCU success mean nothing for them), or when Gunn have been fired (something they have actively participated).

I honestly don't remember a big hate from MCU fans against fox or DC, yes they wanted their characters back but in they accept when a good movie was done most MCU fans praised Deadpool movies or Logan, or WW for dc or how well casted Robbie was etc ...I have rarely seen the opposite, "fox" fans seem not happy than the MCU will introduce their characters, they should be happy but no, apparently they hate them now.

DC fans it's worst, they hate everything with Marvel logo and that true for the comics, if a crossover or an saga in Marvel is praised, you can be sure they will come massively in Marvel forums to trash them or promote a DC crossover instead (remember Annihilation fiasco).

For the thread yes there a comicbook fatigue, there are a theaters movies experience fatigue in general but I will stay focused about comicbook, the fatigue will kill DC way before Marvel, we talk about Marvels but honestly I'm more shocked about Flash, no excuse with a movie with 2 batmans, with Keaton !!! Supergirl etc...I was sure of the movie success, Marvels has the excuse to follow the streaming TV show than most don't have seen, but Flash with a Big crossover like that, praised everywhere etc...that really Bad. Disney et least, specially with the death of the theaters, have always the star Wars solution for Marvel, to focus in TV show (and they are very successful with that).
    Last edited by Bolo; 11-13-2023 at 09:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Naw, not at all. They still have plenty of goodwill and can easily course correct. We've already seen them taking steps to do so. Right now, literally every other MCU property alternates between being well received and poorly (Quantumania, GOTG3, SI, Loki, the Marvels.) They haven't had a string of back to back flops/poor performances like DC had suffered.
    This reminds me of what i read the other day for the recent mcu.

Beast Of Vengeance.
    Thor 4 : "MCU IS DEAD"
    Werewolf by night : "MCU IS BACK"
    She-hulk : "MCU IS DEAD"
    BP2 : MCU IS BACK"
    Ant-Man 3 : "MCU IS DEAD"
    GOTG3 : "MCU IS BACK"
    Secret Invasion : "MCU IS DEAD"
    Loki S2: "MCU IS BACK"
    Fake Variety article: "MCU IS DEAD"
    Echo trailer: "MCU IS BACK"

https://twitter.com/BeastOFVenom/sta...89236934062237

Folks need to make up thier minds.

Note-
    The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special and i am groot season 2 was left out from the above.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-13-2023 at 09:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Oh by the way now because of the marvels, the mcu is dead but i bet when another echo trailer comes out,the mcu is back.
    Folks need to make up thier minds.
    Anyway we have wait how the marvels will do in next couple days,weeks etc...
    Last edited by mace11; 11-13-2023 at 09:42 AM.