View Poll Results: Is Comic Book Movie Fatigue Happening?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I think Audiences Are Finally Getting Tired Of These Movies

55 44.72%
  • No - This has been wildly exaggerated

46 37.40%
  • Too Early To Say Either Way

22 17.89%
Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I hope Blue Beetle does well, and shows WB that bigger does not necessarily mean better.
    I don't think it will, it has like zero ad presence. If it weren't for me seeing the trailer here I wouldn't even know it was a thing.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I am in for anything to do with Spider-Man because he's my favorite and for the most part the Spider-Man films have been good. As for everything esle......yeah I am kind of burned out and don't care anymore. If I hear it's good I will wait for streaming I'm certainly not paying to go see it in a theater.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

No one is waiting for Indiana Jones and his Diaper of Ruin. The young may remember when every thing was a western. Gone now for the most part. Then everything on TV was cool set of private detectives. Gone now.

Repetitive story line - they will fade. I agree that every new superhero has to have a boring origin and finding him or herself is too much. OMG, I'm a robot bug on my back. Kang - who gives a crap about Kang? Anyone who planned a set of Kang movies was very silly.

Extraordinary Member

Avengers Director talk MCU's Phase 4 Direction, Criticisms & Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't think it will, it has like zero ad presence. If it weren't for me seeing the trailer here I wouldn't even know it was a thing.

They cast a solid lead in Xolo Mariduena. He's the charismatic young actor from Cobra Kai......But the trailers look like crap. I'll check it out on opening weekend, anyway, but considering DC's track record it probably won't be any good.

As for zero ad presence, the film should be catering to the Latino demographic. If anything, they should be marketing the hell out of it the same way Marvel did with Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    They cast a solid lead in Xolo Mariduena. He's the charismatic young actor from Cobra Kai......But the trailers look like crap. I'll check it out on opening weekend, anyway, but considering DC's track record it probably won't be any good.

As for zero ad presence, the film should be catering to the Latino demographic. If anything, they should be marketing the hell out of it the same way Marvel did with Black Panther.
    It isn't, I regularly watch soccer on Telemundo and there haven't been any trailers that I've seen. They're dumping this movie.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I see a ton of Barbie stuff and projections are strong for it. I guess that’s WB’s focus. I don’t know if they have a post-Barbie push for Blue Beetle, but I doubt it. Unfortunately, the trailer has the same problem I had with Black Adam and Flash … the jokes, action, and scenes all feel like I’ve seen it before, only better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I’ve seen that first Latino lead hero angle on social in an organic way, but not an official push.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 07-09-2023 at 01:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Blue Beetle is something that looks like I have seen it a hundred times. I didnt even bother to watch the trailer till its end.

I never thought I could get enough of superhero movies and even though I watch every superhero movie out there doesn't mean I am still excited anymore. With that being said, there are some cool movies. I loved GotG 3 for an example, and was really hyped. But it gets harder.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I never thought I could get enough of superhero movies and even though I watch every superhero movie out there doesn't mean I am still excited anymore.
    Around 2000, I wanted more superhero movies and now I pray they end for a bit. I don't even see many movies in the theater anymore, and that's somewhat due to glut of bloated overlong superhero films, that just aren't good enough (though some are! the Guardians of Galaxy films are a great example) and feel over commodified.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Around 2000, I wanted more superhero movies and now I pray they end for a bit. I don't even see many movies in the theater anymore, and that's somewhat due to glut of bloated overlong superhero films, that just aren't good enough (though some are! the Guardians of Galaxy films are a great example) and feel over commodified.
    lets pray not for the end. Lets pray for less movies with higher quality in terms of storytelling and cgi, and whatever you think must improve.

Disney pulling back on making Marvel, Star Wars content, Iger says

Marvel is a great example of that. It had not been in the television business at any significant level, and not only did they increase their movie output, but they ended up making a number of TV series,” said Iger. “Frankly, it diluted focus and attention.”
    https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/13/disn...s-content.html
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    lets pray not for the end. Lets pray for less movies with higher quality in terms of storytelling and cgi, and whatever you think must improve.
    I’ve never understood the idea of “I no longer enjoy thing. They should stop making thing.” What about all the people who do still enjoy the thing? If people are burned out on it then they should just stop watching/engaging with it. No reason to drag everyone else along with you.

Extraordinary Member

More talk.
    BREAKING! MARVEL OFFICIALLY CHANGING DISNEY PLUS PLAN! Bob Iger Confirms MAJOR CHANGES Happening

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    I’ve never understood the idea of “I no longer enjoy thing. They should stop making thing.” What about all the people who do still enjoy the thing? If people are burned out on it then they should just stop watching/engaging with it. No reason to drag everyone else along with you.
    Screw em! - Those guys

Astonishing Member

Depends on how much income the remaining fans generate. The whole streaming thing is annoying. Each service might have a show or two I like but I'm not paying a monthly fee for one show or two. I'd rather just pay for a season of a show for $20 and be done with it.