View Poll Results: Is Comic Book Movie Fatigue Happening?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I think Audiences Are Finally Getting Tired Of These Movies

55 44.72%
  • No - This has been wildly exaggerated

46 37.40%
  • Too Early To Say Either Way

22 17.89%
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1095

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    CAtwoman got a B...That tells you all you need to know about CinemaScore. Not sure why Studios listen to what they say, maybe they changed their grading since then. I don't know...
    And for me, I would have given Green Lantern an A when I walked out of the Movie Theater because I just saw Green Lantern on the Big Screen! SOmething I have wanted since I was a little boy back in the 70's. Now, after watching it 10 times or so, I think a C is being generous...
    A B is a terrible cinemascore for a blockbuster film though. It makes sense Catwoman would get a B. Cinemascore has always been pretty good at estimating legs and WoM of projects after their opening weekend. These are trade tools aimed at letting them know that info so it's not some random online thing

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

If a grade of B is terrible then there is no point in having a scale.
    That thought means anything other than grade A doesn't have merit. That is false.

A grade of B should mean to everyone, it certainly does to me, that a film is solid with a few flaws
    A grade of C that it has real issues somewhere(maybe 2 places like plot or f/x) but overall is worth a watch.
    A grade of D that it only has a few scenes or sequences that are enjoyable and should only be watched if you're bored, a completist, curious.
    A grade of F means trainwreck from all sides (like most Ewe Boll films).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If a grade of B is terrible then there is no point in having a scale.
    That thought means anything other than grade A doesn't have merit. That is false.

A grade of B should mean to everyone, it certainly does to me, that a film is solid with a few flaws
    A grade of C that it has real issues somewhere(maybe 2 places like plot or f/x) but overall is worth a watch.
    A grade of D that it only has a few scenes or sequences that are enjoyable and should only be watched if you're bored, a completist, curious.
    A grade of F means trainwreck from all sides (like most Ewe Boll films).
    Cinemascore founder's grading system is "A's generally are good, B's generally are shaky, and C's are terrible. D's and F's, they shouldn’t have made the movie, or they promoted it funny and the absolute wrong crowd got into it."

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...are%20terrible.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    If a 3 point system is what the Founder of Cinemascore was after then STARS or some such should be used.
    The Grading scale of A-F has it's own meaning already. No wonder I don't use that system if 'B' means shaky. No B means what I said and anyone who has come through School knows that getting a B is pretty good, you can take that home to mom&dad.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

No its just bad writing
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    A B is a terrible cinemascore for a blockbuster film though. It makes sense Catwoman would get a B. Cinemascore has always been pretty good at estimating legs and WoM of projects after their opening weekend. These are trade tools aimed at letting them know that info so it's not some random online thing
    The numbers don't lie. You can only get away with a B Cinemascore if you don't have an inflated budget and if you're something more niche for audiences, horror most of all. Elemental is going to save the Pixar brand compared to the MCU for at least a 1 year grace period because it had an A Cinemascore and made almost $500 million in theaters, and more at home. I don't think even Deadpool 3 is going to make a difference, most audiences will not associate it with existing Disney Marvel Movies that Feige is still leading and promoting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Cinemascore founder's grading system is "A's generally are good, B's generally are shaky, and C's are terrible. D's and F's, they shouldn’t have made the movie, or they promoted it funny and the absolute wrong crowd got into it."

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...are%20terrible.
    That system is so horribly thought out that it's practically worthless. You can't grade something on a scale of A,C,F,F,F.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That system is so horribly thought out that it's practically worthless. You can't grade something on a scale of A,C,F,F,F.

Until a new grading system is created this ballot is what they're using now.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It seems to be based on how ordinary people vote.

It's the same kind of logic that anything under five stars is bad on Uber.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Long Range Box Office Forecast: AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM
    Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
    Opening Weekend Range: $32M-$42M
    Domestic Total Range: $105M-$168M

PROS:
    With a slim release slate lacking many major event films toward the end of the holiday season, this sequel is theoretically in a prime position to draw general audiences.

The first film was a surprise blockbuster, earning $335 million domestically and $1.15 billion globally amidst a similarly modest late December theatrical slate in 2018.

CONS:
    The general audience appetite for comic book movies has evolved and narrowed substantially in the five years since the first Aquaman came out. DC films have seen a particularly sharp decline with under-performances by Shazam! Fury of the Gods and Blue Beetle this year.

Early pre-sales are pacing 25 percent ahead of the aforementioned Shazam! sequel and 62 percent behind Black Adam after one day of sample market tracking. The holiday release pattern could skew one-to-one comparisons in certain models.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-ra...and-migration/

Ultimate Member

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/j...em-1235814446/

It’s a phase. It’s a phase that’s lasted a little too long for me, but it’s a phase, and I’ve seen so many different phases,” Foster said on the matter. “Hopefully people will be sick of it soon. The good ones — like ‘Iron Man,’ ‘Black Panther,’ ‘The Matrix’ — I marvel at those movies, and I’m swept up in the entertainment of it, but that’s not why I became an actor. And those movies don’t change my life. Hopefully there’ll be room for everything else.”

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I could see someone describing the Matrix as a superhero movie.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Just say you hate all comic book fans and want Marvel and DC to go bankrupt.

Extraordinary Member

Here is some interesting chat.
    Marvel Studios in Shambles, Can DC Beat them, Secret Wars with God Loki & More I TCBC

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Here is some noise.
    Marvel Studios in Shambles, Can DC Beat them, Secret Wars with God Loki & More I TCBC
    Fixed that for you...