View Poll Results: Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello / What is your verdict?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-Stars His work is the best compared to others in DC right now

29 50.88%
  • 4-Stars His work is above average compared to others in DC right now

15 26.32%
  • 3-Stars His work is average compared to others in DC right now

3 5.26%
  • 2-Stars His work is below average compared to others in DC right now

6 10.53%
  • 1-Star His work is poor compared to others in DC right now

4 7.02%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello / What is your verdict?

Whoh! The complete forum has been rebooted. Well, it's going to be great to see how the new members of CBR will vote and say their opinions on this book by this writer. Post your opinions guys & gals if you have any.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

To put it mildly, I don't care for this run.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    To put it mildly, I don't care for this run.
    Dr. Poison thanks for your opinion. Did you prefer Greg Rucka or Gail Simone? Perhaps the original reboot with George Perez?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I accidentally gave it 5-stars.

I forgot, I'm holding back giving it that high a rating until the entire story is finished. I've really become convinced that we won't be able to truly judge the run until the entire story is told.

He's on track to earn that 5-star rating, but I do have some questions I'd like answered and some issues I'd like to see brought to a satisfactory conclusion before I give it THAT high a score.

So, for now? 4-Stars, with a very strong chance of going to 5.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabongero View Post
    Dr. Poison thanks for your opinion. Did you prefer Greg Rucka or Gail Simone? Perhaps the original reboot with George Perez?

You're welcome.

While Perez and Simone's run weren't perfect, I enjoyed the majority of them. Rucka's was mediocre for me at best - not great, not terrible, just kind of middle of the road.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

It's better than the average DC book, but Milligan's Justice League Dark and Swierczynski's BoP were the best.

All-New Member

I like it, and it is one of the better books from the New 52. I miss the Amazonians though

I would never have bought WW if it wasnt for Azzarello + Chiang's unique voice and vision. Had zero interest in the character beforehand. This is already established as one of the better runs of any character in the medium. Its a timeless story that will be talked about, collected, and re-read for a long long time.

It would take an unmitigated disaster during the final months not to be a five. How many New52 titles have been cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I accidentally gave it 5-stars.

I forgot, I'm holding back giving it that high a rating until the entire story is finished. I've really become convinced that we won't be able to truly judge the run until the entire story is told.

He's on track to earn that 5-star rating, but I do have some questions I'd like answered and some issues I'd like to see brought to a satisfactory conclusion before I give it THAT high a score.

So, for now? 4-Stars, with a very strong chance of going to 5.
    What are some of the issues Vanguard??

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

As far as I can tell, with the possible exception of Aquaman, no character and no lore has been improved by the reboot. They certainly haven't been made any friendlier to new readers, and Azzarello's WW is one of the least friendly of them all; if you didn't start with #1 I doubt a single random issue would be intelligible. Forgetting that every issue is potentially someone's first is an editorial problem, though. Azzarello's oblique, frustrating and slow writing style and his contempt for the lore and her actual villains shove this run to the bottom of the barrel.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It would take an unmitigated disaster during the final months not to be a five. How many New52 titles have been cancelled?
    much more than 20 books cancelled since the reboot.

today there is digital comics, there is the trades. a writer can't be bothered all the time to keep the series accessible

BANNED

I can see why other people would like it, but it's not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    As far as I can tell, with the possible exception of Aquaman, no character and no lore has been improved by the reboot.
    Off the top of my head:

Wonder Woman
    Superman
    Jason Todd
    Roy Harper
    Barry Allen
    Swamp Thing

The list isn't as long as it should be, but it sure as hell isn't as short as one character.

BANNED

I don't think Superman improved at all, or jason todd or roy harper. they are easily obfuscate.

seing sites, comments, no doubt WW azz is the highlight of the reboot.