View Poll Results: Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello / What is your verdict?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-Stars His work is the best compared to others in DC right now

29 50.88%
  • 4-Stars His work is above average compared to others in DC right now

15 26.32%
  • 3-Stars His work is average compared to others in DC right now

3 5.26%
  • 2-Stars His work is below average compared to others in DC right now

6 10.53%
  • 1-Star His work is poor compared to others in DC right now

4 7.02%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I would not.
    Wolverine is not a Hulk rogue. Vandal Savage is not a Green Lantern rogue. Savage isn't even a Flash rogue anymore, he's become an independant villain, which Giganta is in the process of becoming as well.
    I will add that Sabretooth, often considered to be Wolverine's archenemis, apparently appeared for the first time as a Iron Fist villain of all people.
    Anyway, 4 stars for me. Perhaps my favorite DC comics book along with Action Comics right about now.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    I will add that Sabretooth, often considered to be Wolverine's archenemis, apparently appeared for the first time as a Iron Fist villain of all people.
    Anyway, 4 stars for me. Perhaps my favorite DC comics book along with Action Comics right about now.

I think those are exceptions to the rule, nothing more but I also said that in beyond which hero the villain was created for, one should also take into consideration which hero they fight most often. Pre-New 52, Giganta fought Wonder Woman more than any other hero.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Steve is a strange case, WW is important to him but the inverse is not true. Johns did the breakup some motivator for trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I can see why other people would like it, but it's not for me.
    This pretty much sums up my take on it. It's technically adept, and the story follows a logical progression... It has just failed to interest me, and has trod roughshod over some core fundamentals of who Wonder Woman is.

At first, I was content that perhaps I was in error of my assessments as there were all these new readers and critical praises.

Sales have once again declined though, and the meager plot has been stretched and dragged beyond all humane tollerance levels.

I don't begrudge those that have been enjoying it. I truly am happy that it's spoken to them and Diana has some new fans out there.

I'm just glad to see this chapter on her life coming to an end though. I'm more than a little thankful that gems like Superman/Wonder Woman and FE: ARGUS have been available as well to offer material more to my liking.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think those are exceptions to the rule, nothing more but I also said that in beyond which hero the villain was created for, one should also take into consideration which hero they fight most often. Pre-New 52, Giganta fought Wonder Woman more than any other hero.
    Aye. No matter how far they may stray from her own title, her rogues are always going to be her rogues.

Seeing the likes of Giganta, Cheetah, Circe and Doctor Psycho in other DCU titles doesn't make me feel that she has lost 'claim' to them. It merely underlines that a) these are fantastic villains that can and should be used, and b) just how off the mark Azarello's muddled mess really is for trying to abandon everything about the character (and her cast) that he's supposedly writing.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Aye. No matter how far they may stray from her own title, her rogues are always going to be her rogues.

Seeing the likes of Giganta, Cheetah, Circe and Doctor Psycho in other DCU titles doesn't make me feel that she has lost 'claim' to them. It merely underlines that a) these are fantastic villains that can and should be used, and b) just how off the mark Azarello's muddled mess really is for trying to abandon everything about the character (and her cast) that he's supposedly writing.

If anything, other writers using Giganta, Dr. Psycho, Circe, etc. in other New 52 titles other than Wonder Woman shows that these characters are far from disposable and other writers are taking advantage of the fact that Azzarello isn't using them and keeping them in the limelight.

I think we'll see most of them return to Wonder Woman in the next run or two.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

This pretty much sums up my take on it. It's technically adept, and the story follows a logical progression... It has just failed to interest me, and has trod roughshod over some core fundamentals of who Wonder Woman is.

At first, I was content that perhaps I was in error of my assessments as there were all these new readers and critical praises.

Sales have once again declined though, and the meager plot has been stretched and dragged beyond all humane tollerance levels.

I don't begrudge those that have been enjoying it. I truly am happy that it's spoken to them and Diana has some new fans out there.

I'm just glad to see this chapter on her life coming to an end though. I'm more than a little thankful that gems like Superman/Wonder Woman and FE: ARGUS have been available as well to offer material more to my liking.
    gems like superman/wonder woman...well...

BANNED

Would you, based on the last three decades of comics, cathegorise Solomon Grundy as a Green Lantern villain or a Batman villain, or something else entirely?

Would you, based on the last three decades of comics, cathegorise Solomon Grundy as a Green Lantern villain or a Batman villain, or something else entirely?
    I can't really say that I pay enough attention to him to have any opinion one way or the other. He's not really relevant to this discourse though.

Diana's rogues are all steeped in her stories and very much her rogues. Thier appearances elsewhere haven't been numerous enough to suggest otherwise at this point.

You may have a point in twenty years, were Azarello's Elseworlds Wonder Woman to continue at this pace. I don't see that happening though, and we'll see a return to form in upcoming runs.

For now, I've enjoying seeing Giganta wrend Pandora's limbs, Circe seducing soldiers, Cheetah infiltrating Waller's 'Suicide Squad' and Doctor Psycho beating down Superboy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    gems like superman/wonder woman...well...
    It's definately a gem, heck look at my avatar. lol

BANNED

I agree with posts 64 and 65, nice to meet you.

Alan Scott hasn't had a solo feature in decades so there has been next to no opportunity to see Alan and Grundy fighting each other but in most JSA stories that Grundy has appeared in over the years, there is almost always some Alan/Grundy confrontation or battle. I also think it's possible for a villain to be a part of more than one hero's rogues gallery. Gentleman Ghost is primarily a Hawkman rogue but I would also consider him to be a Batman rogue.