Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    This is a really important point that got lost for a second. She did choose life for an entire diseased universe/timeline. Mystique did too which is really strange to write. She chose that universe to give it hope in the midst of insane darkness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s honestly a really good writing choice. A lot of times in stories like this it feels like the characters know that they’re in a AU so they’re very willing to erase everything they’ve known so that the story can return to SQ. Here it feels like they’ll be some real weight when whoever finally gets to do the Moira reset.
    Right. And it also cause problems because the Storm System will be fighting for things to stay the way they are because people born out of this Twisted Universe would cease to Exist. But, Sinister is fighting to go back to the original Timeline and Mother Righteous same thing or something else. And Orbis Stellaris probably wants to keep everything as it is not sure.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

This is a really important point that got lost for a second. She did choose life for an entire diseased universe/timeline. Mystique did too which is really strange to write. She chose that universe to give it hope in the midst of insane darkness.
    Given enough time, Storm is able to inspire even Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Well, she wasn't thinking about one planet. She was thinking about the Universe as a Whole knowing that it can be wiped away by Moira Engine. Storm is a champion for All Life not a select few. Storm's view is that Just because things are bad in this Twisted Universe Timeline doesn't mean things can't get better. This was pretty spot on in character for her.
    Yea this is what I took from it, that she was thinking about all surviving life not just Arakko.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Yea this is what I took from it, that she was thinking about all surviving life not just Arakko.
    This is what I took from it as well. Despite the current reality being "hell" she has lived in it much longer than her years post Sinister's takeover. People like Ganna were born in this rough reality so I understand Storm saying no, we can't just erase all that currently is.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Ewing continues to crush it. SWORD, X-men Red, SOS issues. Storm is boss and continues to be. Loved this. I hope when this event is over we see Ironfire sooner before later. I also need a Betsy Braddock cameo and Sunfire in Otherworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Ewing continues to crush it. SWORD, X-men Red, SOS issues. Storm is boss and continues to be. Loved this. I hope when this event is over we see Ironfire sooner before later. I also need a Betsy Braddock cameo and Sunfire in Otherworld.
    Potentially controversial opinion, but I wouldn’t have minded SoS affecting some more of the line so that we could see other characters’ POVs. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE that Storm is one of the few heroic characters that made it past Sinister’s takeover, but I also think the scope of the event is a bit limited because it’s contained to three titles. Of course, hindsight is 20-20 and if the event had been bad I would be more than happy that most of the line stuck to current continuity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    1mil Galaxies of stars. Chef's kisses perfection.

One thing though...N'dare wasn't a sorceress.
    We don't know that. We know her grandmother is one.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ewing put out a newsletter entry last night and he seemed to very much be celebratory as he enjoyed "a strong white russian" and tipsy-posted while listening to 80's classic "Easy Lover" by Philip Bailey and Phil Collins.

"You're the one who wants to hold her – hold her and control her! You'd better forget it! You'll never get it!" That's a direct quote from Storm to Destiny about Mystique in this week's soap-operatic Storm And The Brotherhood #2 - it's a comic that will get a hold on you! Believe it! Like no other, before you know it you'll be on your knees for the star-spanning, cosmos-searing art of Andrea Di Vito, just as Phil Collins sang! All this and Cable's new look, the evolving Jon Ironfire and fan favourite Loolo...'s granddaughter. And they all fly spaceships! It's like no other, I'm just trying to make you see!

I love Ewing jamming out to Easy Lover and incorporating its lyrics into his post after a few sips. It's a vibe.
    It was! I had to go and pull out my Collins/Bailey 45 for a spin.

And on her feat...I'm thinking it tracks with what Claremont wrote of her in the Magik LS.
    As she got older and her mutant powers waned that Storm focused more on her magical side. Similar with this iteration where she must have been honing her magic over those many decades to the point where she was very able to do what she did.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Exactly, I don't think the reset will be what we think it is. It's going to be something else.
    I dont think so either. One thing about Storm's sacrifice is that not resetting Moria keeps it from resetting. And thus the time in between the last save point Moria and when Storm makes a sacrifice instead of resetting the universe. Part of how I read it is that because so much time has past there a millions of people that would never have been born/created for instance, Iornfire, Wagnivrine, Rusptin, and Loolas descendants. She would effectively be killing them, including some that have become some of her most trusted people. I think the fact that they have addressed that issue makes me think they are aware of it and have a plan to reset without losing the new characters. Maybe a mysterioum box hahahaha.

We don't know that. We know her grandmother is one.
    The marks of her heritage and those who wield power are her blue eyes and white hair. N'Dare didn't have those features. Now, Claremont never gave us much background on her mother so yes, she could have been a latent sorceress who chose to live a "normal quiet life" for all we and Storm didn't know but...the idea, as Claremont presented, was that those generational gifts/powers showed up sporadically throughout the maternal line...not that they occurred in every female of that line...as was suggested in this issue.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Given enough time, Storm is able to inspire even Mystique.
    Which is crazy to think about.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The marks of her heritage and those who wield power are her blue eyes and white hair. N'Dare didn't have those features. Now, Claremont never gave us much background on her mother so yes, she could have been a latent sorceress who chose to live a "normal quiet life" for all we and Storm didn't know but...the idea, as Claremont presented, was that those generational gifts/powers showed up sporadically throughout the maternal line...not that they occurred in every female of that line...as was suggested in this issue.
    But her mother was highly intuitive and recognized ororo as having something different. Just because those markers are indicative of the bloodline it doesn't mean that it's exclusive of it.

I thought it was supposed to be that the hair and eyes skipped a generation, but that doesn't really mean anything about magical potential.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be that the hair and eyes skipped a generation, but that doesn't really mean anything about magical potential.
    Exactly, nailed it in one.

But her mother was highly intuitive and recognized ororo as having something different. Just because those markers are indicative of the bloodline it doesn't mean that it's exclusive of it.
    Yes...Her mother would know intuitively and academically that Storm was special just by her features. She is of the "chosen" bloodline, after all. Maybe she had gifts and chose not to use them. But she was certainly not a practicing sorceress...at least not going by what little Claremont wrote of her.

I'm not mad at it but it is a soft retcon, of sorts.