Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Where was that from? I have never heard that before lol.
    Oh God I cringe when I see that interview but here goes.
    stormsorigins2.jpg
    I was onboard with the idea not soo much the caucasification of ororo and her bloodline. But I guess.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    stormsorigins2.jpg
    I was onboard with the idea not soo much the caucasification of ororo and her bloodline. But I guess.
    Well that certainly is... something. Wow. Umm, alright.

But I see we've moved from every 5 generations to mother to daughter and skipping a generation when it comes to white hair and blue eyes.

That's what I'm taking away from "that".
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Well that certainly is... something. Wow. Umm, alright.

But I see we've moved from every 5 generations to mother to daughter and skipping a generation when it comes to white hair and blue eyes.

That's what I'm taking away from "that".
    Yep it really was a choice of words. But he knows better and has done better so I don't hold that over him. But yeah his concept for her family and lineage was very very intersting to say the least. Apparently Dave wanted ororo not to have a backstory at least not early so as to keep her mystique pun intended, but Claremont being the charachter flesher that he is decided to give us back story and cause of trauma and everything very early on. And I loved it
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Yes FAM, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! this was so good now that work is over i'm bout to pour me a whole a$$ afternoon sampling of my boy honey jack, take a break for once and reread this and others. YAAS! this is the first week Comic Book Wednesday has felt BAC
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not going to lie...reading that article gave me a headache.

In my mind, and given the existence of the Phoenix Force and Galactus and dearly departed Warlocke, surely it would be far easier to thwart a Dominion when(ever) it arrives to assimilate this sector...than actually become one through galaxies-ending shenanigans.
    the thing is that of course that is the answer (and always will be) becuse to do otherwise ends the story.

Galactus never eats earth... the FF stop him
    Phoenix or the Technarhs or teh kree skrull alliance don't destroy earth either

part of me though feel like the Phoenix is always been the answer, seeded in that data page way back then.

As for your headache, sorry but this type of theory crafting is my jam... I just wish we knew more about the Reliquary Perilous and the diffrence between different types of titans.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    stormsorigins2.jpg
    Oh. I always understood that interview the other way around. Like, the first homo sapiens were black, and she was a direct descendant of that primeval lineage. I liked that a lot, because usually ancient peoples are usually (and wrongly) depicted as white. I do not think I have ever seen a single illustration of a black person painting cave art, for example. Not until Tom Bjorklund, at least. I do not see her eyes as "white" eyes. More like supernatural sky mirrors. Like when she is angry her eyes go grey, and when she is happy, summer sky blue.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes...that's the story. But...

I'm thinking the Dominion wouldn't even have bothered with this sector for a good long while if Sinister hadn't gone to the store to by a kilogram of Trouble and a bag of Problems when all he needed was some good weed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes...that's the story. But...

I'm thinking the Dominion wouldn't even have bothered with this sector for a good long while if Sinister hadn't gone to the store to by a kilogram of Trouble and a bag of Problems when all he needed was some good weed.
    Hahahaha!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Whoo! 20 out of 10. There is just really nothing else to be added that hasn't already been said but if i could title this issue it would be "The end of destiny is the beginning." It was both literal and metaphorical here. just superb.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

And Destiny's final act being to tell a lie. Even knowing Cable could see in her mind and was brodcasting or perhaps her final line was more of a wish because Storm didn't give the order. In the final moment Destiny hit the limit of her power, as with Mystique even destiny(not the character) can't control free will. Daaaamn this was goooooood.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And Destiny's final act being to tell a lie. Even knowing Cable could see in her mind and was brodcasting or perhaps her final line was more of a wish because Storm didn't give the order. In the final moment Destiny hit the limit of her power, as with Mystique even destiny(not the character) can't control free will. Daaaamn this was goooooood.
    What was the lie that she told?

Just read Storm & The Brotherhood #2 and DAMN! Not only did Ewing finally give me what I wanted... he gave me BEYOND ANYTHING I was hoping for. Not only did she create a worm hole, but one powerful enough to devour a FREAKING SOLAR SYSTEM? did I read it right!? All the while tapping into her divinity, ancestral magical heritage and Storm acknowledging the fact that worm holes are just a form of cosmic weather, the bold alone opens so many doors.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What was the lie that she told?
    she said she saw Storm giving the order and destroying the sun and the moira lab inside the sun and then everything went black. She saw storm giving part of the order but the rest was a lie or wishful thinking as it went black before that. She daydreamed a bit i guess and thus didn't send herself a warning of the reality to actually come, even in a conduit. It was a beautiful sad moment. She didn't deserve it but i'm glad she thought she was going to see Raven, because Raven deserved it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ewing channeled the still living spirit of Chris Claremont for this issue because this portrayal is exactly how he would write Storm in her elderly years. Loved it.

I also love how you can go back and look at Destiny's predictions in Immortal X-Men and how they have all played out - https://i.redd.it/u2apwtev8ifa1.png
    Last edited by JamJams; 03-22-2023 at 01:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

Also, my theory w/Mother Righteous is she's hedging her bets. The Reliquary Perilous she's trying to build is to try & win if the timeline DOESN'T end but the questions she's asking are in case it does get reset....not for a spell, for potential bargains she can make, next time around. I think she's got a back-up plan to ensure she keeps her memories of this timeline & remember she was introduced as the wheeler-dealer of the Astral Plane. Her whole thing is she appears to major players offering them EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT/NEED at crucial points. She's literally just using this timeline as an opportunity to data-mine intel she can use as potential leverage or in's with all the major players and future major players of mutantkind. The perfect leg up for an information/power broker.

Like for instance, she now knows that Jon Ironfire, potentially one of Storm's most committed followers even in a reset timeline....will view killing someone during the Genesis War as his greatest regret. Which means....if time gets reset and she shows up and introduces herself to him just before that's about to happen, can even show him a vision of himself regretting it and why, that maybe she stores in one of her little glow-light bubbles....as well as offering him another alternative route forward in exchange for a favor at a later date.....bam. That could be how she gets more people on the hook, next time around.