Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

*moved to appropriate thread.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-24-2023 at 10:58 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    while he may not play an integral role in the next arc it's really hard to imagine cable not in Red especially since he's been along for the ride since sword and is an absolute integral part to the book imo. This is the future for cable but in the present. The role of galactic strategist is just too perfect of a fit, especially if he gets all the knowledge of xilo which i hope happens sooner rather than later. Besides the design looks cool asf.
    Could be very cool if it happens in the present day. Would love to see that, and him taking the name "X-man" was pretty cool too IMO. I'm assuming the "X" being for Xilo, of course. Seemed like the clear implication honestly.

But, honestly, if they merge shouldn't the Xilo part be all techno-organicky? Or did Xilo cure him of the virus completely? I'm thinking his Xilo infused bits should've looked like a combination of Xilo's worms mixed with techno-organics... so almost steel cable like... like his metal arm in the 'Deadpool 2' movie actually...

... looks kind of Xilo-like, only metal.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-24-2023 at 01:02 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    To use a recent prominent movie example, Everything, Everywhere, All At Once also indirectly adressed such a behaviour.

Where the idea of abusing "throw away universes" and alternate versions of oneself, for person goals, what ever nobel or selffish, is eventualy countered by the narrative
    Avengers Endgame kind of focused on this too, with Tony Stark (selfishly) wanting to preserve the past 5 years as opposed to just a simple reset. It added value to the 5 year timeframe since it meant that it was something that couldn't just be handwaved away.

But then Doctor Strange Multiverse happened, where alternate universes are just treated as shock value deaths, which renders the whole multiverse concept as meaningless.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Even better! In that case I’d buy 25 copies each month.
    That would be awesome

I actually think with Cable's new T/O mastery he shouldn't even carry heavy weapons or armor, assuming he doesn't need Khora to boost his TK in order to do what he did in X-men Red #10.

They should streamline his look, losing the dated 90s shoulder pads and pouches and heavy rifles and ammunition. When $#!t pops off, let the "Agent of S.W.O.R.D." just generate whatever he needs from his T/O... an energy pistol or rifle, armor, edged weapons, even a psimitar. Like so...

... have him combine with Xilo in the present day too. With his power set now including...

- instant recall of all Arraki living history,
    - weaponized techno organics (controlled via telekinesis), and
    - enhanced durability and regeneration.

That would make for a pretty badass Cable... er, X-man. Whatever he wants to call himself. I'm here for it. Nathan Summers is a master of reinventing himself time and time again.

Haven't enjoyed a single issue this intensely since the Inferno days.

What a PHENOMENAL, game changing development for Storm. More than well-deserved after all the clownery with her in the last two decades.

And Irene really has been crafted as a tragic Cassandra meets Orpheus kind of figure who no matter how hard she tries, is destined to fail because time is a flat circle.

De Vito is a superstar in the making!
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 03-25-2023 at 01:39 PM.

Just a minor query as I didn't continue with Ewing's X-Men: Red (an oversight I will definitely correct after reading this issue) or read SWORD. Do we know why Khora, Ironfire and Shockjock aged slowly over the 90 years since we last saw them?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Just a minor query as I didn't continue with Ewing's X-Men: Red (an oversight I will definitely correct after reading this issue) or read SWORD. Do we know why Khora, Ironfire and Shockjock aged slowly over the 90 years since we last saw them?
    No to the first two (them being of Arakko\Amenth, and thus ageing about as slowly as Apocalypse seems to be an answer, but not the answer)

And Shockjock is the granddaughter of the character you think she is

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Shockjock is loloo's granddaughter and the others seem to be the long lived Arraki version. Whoops didn't see the post before mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    No to the first two (them being of Arakko\Amenth, and thus ageing about as slowly as Apocalypse seems to be an answer, but not the answer)

And Shockjock is the granddaughter of the character you think she is
    Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Shockjock is loloo's granddaughter and the others seem to be the long lived Arraki version. Whoops didn't see the post before mine.
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Could be very cool if it happens in the present day. Would love to see that, and him taking the name "X-man" was pretty cool too IMO. I'm assuming the "X" being for Xilo, of course. Seemed like the clear implication honestly.

But, honestly, if they merge shouldn't the Xilo part be all techno-organicky? Or did Xilo cure him of the virus completely? I'm thinking his Xilo infused bits should've looked like a combination of Xilo's worms mixed with techno-organics... so almost steel cable like... like his metal arm in the 'Deadpool 2' movie actually...

... looks kind of Xilo-like, only metal.
    I was thinking Xilo became a part of the techno organic virus and the three are existing in union. So in a sense via the to cable has access to vast technological information and also a ton of biological information from xilo who is able to process soil etc for data. I guess in a sense xilo/techno would be the cultivation of techno organic with cable acting as it's medium and processor being a tk/and telepath. It's kind of interesting because in a sense Cable is a titan on to himself as well or at least meets the criteria. He is able to process a vast amount of technological and biological information and though Xilo had to start over or at least lost a lot of data because of Uranus,if cable/xilo are around in year 1000 they would have had to store countless amount of data, surely a millennium worth.

Interesting enough, with xilo still alive, if the planetary x-men were still about they could theoretically use that information to restore sol. Be interesting to see if any of the planets were rebuilt via mutant power or simply maintained by the progenitors.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Damn, dude. Now you’re making me want a Cable-Xilo (616 X-man) merger even more in the present day/current timeline! Kind of hope this happens at some point after Sins of Sinister ends. Maybe a story arc showing how and why they merged… perhaps to save Xilo’s life somehow? Or Cable’s? Either way.

Make it happen, Ewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    But it's none of their faults its only sinister's and maybe destiny and mystique for backstabbing her. But she already dealt with them, sinister is the main problem and he needs to be removed permanently.
    The QC has a lot to answer for that does not involved Sins of Sinister.

Mighty Member

So Is this the real future of sinister plan in the x-men timeline and when everythging goes back to normal in the end. We will see some tibits moving foward when x-men 10 and immortal x-men goes back to the titles
    I have to say Sins of Sinister is one of the best stores i have read

I think the writers indicated that some things in the SoS timeline will carry over when it gets reset to the present. But I don’t recall for sure where I read that.