Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

I enjoyed it for the most part but i was torn on the decision of not terminating the timeline at that moment, yes i am aware right from the get go that this timeline goes up to a millennium but still a part of me wishes the nightmare would end already.

Also question, didn't the future issues hint that Ororo will be remembering the events that took place and it makes her lash out at the QC or something? I think saw that in one of the Marvel Previews.

This was… good!

Glad to see Ewing finally trying to step up his game to keep up with Gilly!

8/10!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I liked this issue a lot. It was great to see Storm get her moment in opening the wormhole but I'm also glad that it took its toll. I don't like it when characters become overpowered and sometimes I think Hickman's attempts to clarify Omega-level mutants steered things in that direction.

I also enjoyed the team again. I'd happily read a series about Storm, Ironfire, Khora, Noh-Varr, X-Man and Ganna fighting across the galaxy! Especially with the same Star Wars themes. I loved the continuing tributes in this issue, particularly to to the trench run from A New Hope.

Overall, though, I didn't feel the level of enthusiasm that I expected to feel. That's no fault of Ewing...I think I'm just burned out on comic books and the X-books in particular. I'm toying with the idea of taking a break but will wait to see initial details about Fall of X first to see if that piques my interest.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I enjoyed it for the most part but i was torn on the decision of not terminating the timeline at that moment, yes i am aware right from the get go that this timeline goes up to a millennium but still a part of me wishes the nightmare would end already
    I found that surprising as well. It's quite the contrast to Sinister and the PoX stories where Wolverine killed Moira multiple times to annihilate the timeline cause they thought there was nothing worth saving anymore. Storm is always going to fight for life. But damn she's even going to do it when the entire universe has gone to **** and still refuse to hit the reset button? That's dedication. I can barely commit to **** from one day to the next!
    Last edited by Saturius; 03-23-2023 at 05:37 AM.

I like John Ironfire but 90 years on the lam seem to have turned him into an in-universe Storm stan. Destiny is trying to reason with Storm saying "let's shut down this whole timeline blood it's total ****" and John is stood there going "Blessed be the goddess. Blessed be her featz. Wormholes are a kind of space weather I guess. Please love me Ororo."

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I found that surprising as well. It's quite the contrast to Sinister and the PoX stories where Wolverine killed Moira multiple times to annihilate the timeline cause they thought there was nothing worth saving anymore. Storm is always going to fight for life. But damn she's even going to do it when the entire universe has gone to **** and still refuse to hit the reset button? That's dedication. I can barely commit to **** from one day to the next!
    That is stubbornness and I love that it isnt soo clear cut, it a morally grey decision in the grand scheme, like yes her point is absolutely 100% right. But the point if restarting is not entirely wrong either.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

I quite liked the fact that Storm argued against resetting the timeline. It's a perspective that's rarely explored in this kind of storyline. However, it did surprise me that her justification was "we can't reset just because of one planet" when the entirety of this crossover has been at pains to show how Sinister's machinations have spread across the galaxy - so clearly more than just one world is at stake. I'd rather she'd taken the approach of, "There's a whole load of people that exist in this timeline that get erased if we reset."
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I'd rather she'd taken the approach of, "There's a whole load of people that exist in this timeline that get erased if we reset."
    Isn't that what she actually did say? That was the whole point of her saying that there was a lot of new life in this timeline despite the hardships, which is why she didn't want to reset it.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Isn't that what she actually did say? That was the whole point of her saying that there was a lot of new life in this timeline despite the hardships, which is why she didn't want to reset it.
    Yes. You are correct.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Also question, didn't the future issues hint that Ororo will be remembering the events that took place and it makes her lash out at the QC or something? I think saw that in one of the Marvel Previews.
    IF that is true (and I think it is) I wonder if that spoils who hits dominion... cause out of time and space she survives the reset
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Ewing keeps setting impossible bars to pass, and yet keeps passing them, time after time. I don't know how much further he can escalate before he breaches the bounds of this dimension, but I will happily watch the man work, and drink a White Russian in celebration of his efforts!

I don't care much for the Sinisters, don't care all that much for Destiny and Mystique's mess, but Old Witch Storm was great and seeing her invoke the power of her ancestors, of the Kemetic gods, of herself, and pull off such a feat(she literally stole an entire solar system through a perfectly controlled blackhole/wormhole/whitehole! ), even if she had Khora help her 130+ year old self do it a little, might have made this whole event worth it!

As much as I enjoy the spectacle of it all, I do hope once this is all over, down the road in other books, we get to see a more nuanced and sophisticated exploration of Ororo's maternal culture. Give them a name. Let's see her interact with her grandmother and learn more about their history. Let's have an actual Ayesha the Sorceress Supreme story. Let's have more with Ashake in ancient Kemet. Let's meet Amen/Amun, Hauhet, etc. This could be a whole thing, not just a name drop here or there.

That said, this issue was great. Keep up the great work Ewing and company!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I quite liked the fact that Storm argued against resetting the timeline. It's a perspective that's rarely explored in this kind of storyline. However, it did surprise me that her justification was "we can't reset just because of one planet" when the entirety of this crossover has been at pains to show how Sinister's machinations have spread across the galaxy - so clearly more than just one world is at stake. I'd rather she'd taken the approach of, "There's a whole load of people that exist in this timeline that get erased if we reset."
    I think she was more saying, I can't just blow up the whole universe for Arrako, as in, such a move would ultimately be in revenge for Sinister having destroyed Mars, her 'baby'. She was transcending the obvious personal motivation for vengeance, in deference to the entirety of the universe as it had existed for those 90+ years. Life at large was worth more than her personal retribution.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ewing keeps setting impossible bars to pass, and yet keeps passing them, time after time. I don't know how much further he can escalate before he breaches the bounds of this dimension, but I will happily watch the man work, and drink a White Russian in celebration of his efforts!

I don't care much for the Sinisters, don't care all that much for Destiny and Mystique's mess, but Old Witch Storm was great and seeing her invoke the power of her ancestors, of the Kemetic gods, of herself, and pull off such a feat(she literally stole an entire solar system through a perfectly controlled blackhole/wormhole/whitehole! ), even if she had Khora help her 130+ year old self do it a little, might have made this whole event worth it!

As much as I enjoy the spectacle of it all, I do hope once this is all over, down the road in other books, we get to see a more nuanced and sophisticated exploration of Ororo's maternal culture. Give them a name. Let's see her interact with her grandmother and learn more about their history. Let's have an actual Ayesha the Sorceress Supreme story. Let's have more with Ashake in ancient Kemet. Let's meet Amen/Amun, Hauhet, etc. This could be a whole thing, not just a name drop here or there.

That said, this issue was great. Keep up the great work Ewing and company!
    As much as I'm looking forward to Ann Nocenti's Storm LS...I do wish she was giving us more of Storm's history as it pertains to her mystical lineage instead of some new story and villain. And as underwhelmed with his recent works as I've been...I would have loved it if Claremont thoroughly explored and clarified Storm's lineage as well instead of revisiting Ogun and Kitty's mess.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

And can i just say i am so happy Nova is in this book and it looks like he will continue to be. His character is just such a nice fit here and to me as a Nova really adds to the overall space opera feeling. I also like that in a sense the sol nova corps should matter now, they have an actual sector doing big things.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Marvel put this out today to assist readers with understanding Dominion. Good because I need it!

X-Men: What Is Dominion?
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nion-explained

"After a century of research, Sinister has set his sights on becoming a Dominion-status intelligence, which would cement him as one of the most formidable forces in the universe.

Now, we’re taking a closer look at what Dominion is, how it played a crucial role in POWERS OF X (2019), and why Sinister and his clones are trying to reach it as SINS OF SINISTER continues in STORM AND THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS (2023) #2 by Al Ewing, Andrea Di Vito, Jim Charalampidis, Rachelle Rosenberg, and VC's Ariana Maher."
    So basically if someone becomes a dominion during moira's lifetime in essence that makes her mutation obsolete. Also i know she has been overused to death but i do kind of feel a little vindicated about that 10 possible 11 lives things when her power has unlimited retries. It was a little petty that just popped in my mind but eh. lol

I mean just to expound given the nature of a dominion if Moira dies she will go back to her infant self so moira will always exist but she will no longer be able to take others back with her. And thus her powers would only effect herself It's kind of funny because the average person would probably never realize moira died. lol she would just be there i mean given she still has her power.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-23-2023 at 01:18 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/