Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Those covers are horrendous. I used to love McGuinness' work but Dark Web looked half assed and this is just awful. Ock looks like a distorted, cartoonish parody.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Will the “shocking death” be Paul?

Paul: I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Caption: Paul died on the way back to his home planet.
    We cut to the tombstone/grave of Paul Paulson. The sky is dark and it is raining.

Lightning strikes as the earth starts to move.

A hand reaches upwards, out of the broken mud. Paul Paulson lives! The Other is back (yet again)!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Fantastic Member

Not into adding suckers to Ock's tentacles. They did that in the Peter David/Ramos run when they were pushing the character around Spider-Man 2's release. It looked bad them and looks worse now glowing green. Also are those straight up mega man creatures crawling over his arms?

Plus if Ben's Beyond suit and Peter's goblin suit are any indication this upgrade won't amount to anything. He'll have one or two new abilities that he'll use once and that will be promptly forgotten about for the rest of his appearances until the character gets put back in his classic looking and superior outfit.

Here's another vote for Paul's death. A nothing character who exists simply to rile fans into hate buying the book and hate posting about the book and increasing engagements about it. Just kill him and move on to the next part of the story that we've already wasted a year putzing around on. No one will care and everyone will just roll their eyes at the manufactured Peter and MJ drama that results from anything to do with Paul and await the next nonsensical roadblock to their relationship/marriage because all these bad stories and useless characters and dead end love interests are definitely better than just straight up admitting One more day was a mistake and the character will survive and perhaps thrive as a married individual.
    Last edited by Coop; 03-22-2023 at 09:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Man, that's ugly art.

I guess this means Doctor Octopus was the 'one of Spider-Man’s fiercest foes' the FCBD 2023 solicits was talking about.

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2023: SPIDER-MAN/VENOM #1 will web-sling readers into the exciting developments currently taking place in the world of Amazing Spider-Man and Venom! First, see Zeb Wells and Patrick Gleason unleash the full fury of Peter Parker’s new spidey suit and reveal the exciting plans for one of Spider-Man’s fiercest foes. Then, witness a symbiote experiment gone horribly wrong and the creation of a terrifying new enemy for Venom in a story by writer Al Ewing and new VENOM artist CAFU. Plus, a surprising preview of new Marvel saga just on the horizon by two of Marvel’s top creators!
    Also, with Ed McGuinness now doing both the covers and interior art starting with ASM 27, I guess JRJR's run with this volume of ASM ends with issue 26.
    I wonder which new Marvel book JRJR is going to move into or launch.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 03-22-2023 at 09:56 AM.

Fantastic Member

God I would love a Paul death scene which earnestly tries to make the reader feel sad. Would be so damn funny it would almost make all of these miserable ass issues worth it

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I guess this means Doctor Octopus was the 'one of Spider-Man’s fiercest foes' the FCBD 2023 solicits was talking about.

Also, with Ed McGuinness now doing both the covers and interior art starting with ASM 27, I guess JRJR's run with this volume of ASM ends with issue 26.
    The book has rotating artists.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    God I would love a Paul death scene which earnestly tries to make the reader feel sad. Would be so damn funny it would almost make all of these miserable ass issues worth it
    Yeah. I can get invested in new characters. I even felt a bit bad when Jonah’s Dad, Jameson Sr died. But Paul just seems off. He doesn’t even know the names of his own creepy children.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Yeah. I can get invested in new characters. I even felt a bit bad when Jonah’s Dad, Jameson Sr died. But Paul just seems off. He doesn’t even know the names of his own creepy children.
    That he probably made from a half of Wyeb

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    The book has rotating artists.
    It does, but all the covers for this run so far have been done by JRJR, no matter who the interior artist was.
    Ed McGuinness is doing these covers.
    With issue 27 marking the transition from Wells' 'Year 1' to 'Year 2', it's possible that JRJR was only contracted for ASM Year 1.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Bit of a come down

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post

It's either him or spoilers:
    Kraven
    end of spoilers, who was confirmed to be upcoming during a ECCC Q&A (say that three times fast lmao). I think Patrick Gleason is supposed to be drawing that and FCBD.

And good catch on the covers! Hoping JRJR stays, myself--he's too good! Alternatively, some time on Iron Man might be fun for him.

Surprised no one mentioned that the "shocking" death could be either Paul or the kids lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Surprised no one mentioned that the "shocking" death could be either Paul or the kids lol.
    It's totally going to be Paul and the "kids"/Wayeb fragments. They are just trying to hype up sales for #25 and #26.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

They killed Superior for this. Bravo Marvel.....

What's so "New" about Otto's costume?? They literally added some black to his normal costume. Just...ugh.

I'm seriously considering just dropping ASM all together at this point.