Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mj predictions

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It was actually in March 1973. June was just the cover date. (Cover dates don't match the actual release dates.)
    Comics confuse me. But...then why are they waiting until May and June to release all of the crappy homage covers, facsimile editions and What If? Nuka Cola Dark comics by Gerry Conway?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Comics confuse me. But...then why are they waiting until May and June to release all of the crappy homage covers, facsimile editions and What If? Nuka Cola Dark comics by Gerry Conway?
    Because June and July were the cover dates for ASM 121 & 122.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    If Wells knocked off MJ my response and the same as most hard core fans would be what I said before “Whatever.” We know she will be back before ASM 1000. As for killing kids, the shock value ( if there is any value of killing children, which I am personally opposed to), was shattered because of Shed. Basically “Been there done that.” For a story to work like that the audience needs to be surprised ( think ASM 121 or movies like the first Saw, Blade Runner or Psycho). I also do not see it because of the fear of Editorial that it will tank sales with casual and especially younger readers.
    Social media would absolutely have a field day with MJ's death. It wouldnt be a good look. But I agree that fans who have been around the block long enough would see right through it. I don't think the kids will literally die, but I think they'll die in the sense that they're revealed to not be real children in the first place.

Norman dying to save MJ makes the most sense~

Equally shocking, dramatically ironic and in good taste, too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Norman dying to save MJ makes the most sense~

Equally shocking, dramatically ironic and in good taste, too
    Norman saving MJ already done in the Spencer run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Social media would absolutely have a field day with MJ's death. It wouldnt be a good look. But I agree that fans who have been around the block long enough would see right through it. I don't think the kids will literally die, but I think they'll die in the sense that they're revealed to not be real children in the first place.
    Everything being a nightmare of Peter ( once again my prediction) and ( or) clones are real possibilities

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Norman saving MJ already done in the Spencer run.
    But this is also a different pretense and Noman is the only one currently that is truly on Peter's side and would be a shock and also kind of fit with the anniversary death and his guilt from the gold goblin. Plus if they can take him off the board for a while and then he comes back thanks to either it's revealed his sins or the OZ formula that comes back so you close out the run with Peter vs Norman and Peter loses his job so you can get back to status quo and technically in Spencer's run they worked together to make it seem that way using MJ's plan

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Norman Osborn dies saving MJ, Paul dies fighting with Rabin for the power and title of The Emissary! Rabin gets punched to death by...well...not Peter, probably Captain America or Aunt May, and then Wayeb (who will probably come back from the dead by eating the kids or something) is all...

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-28-2023 at 01:29 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

with Paul, the danger's not so much him dying. Rather, he's as keyed into Waeyp's whole deal that he might backstab Rabin and take over as the "Mad Mathematician\Herald of Waeyp." Will he choose Mj or lust after power?

Idk, i'm not the one writing the story :P I'm loving it tho, warts and all

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    can't these predictions be in her appreciation thread
    Honestly, I think it's better to have one thread for discussions. Here we can discuss evidence and expectations which may differ from person to person. Someone may think she's going to die and it's a good thing, and someone else may think she's going to die and it's a bad thing.

My guess is there's no death, but there's some weird magic reason they can't be together, and that someone else dies.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Norman Osborn dies saving MJ, Paul dies fighting with Rabin for the power and title of The Emissary! Rabin gets punched to death by...well...not Peter, probably Captain America or Aunt May, and then Wayeb (who will probably come back from the dead by eating the kids or something) is all...

then we spent the rest of the arc with Mj trying to get Peter back keyword MJ
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Norman dying saving MJ on the 50-year anniversary of him killing Gwen is what will more than likely happen?

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Norman dying saving MJ on the 50-year anniversary of him killing Gwen is what will more than likely happen?
    Isn't he supposed to be in Red Goblin for a while though?
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Peter Parker will die, and Paul will get Spider-powers and become the new Spider-man!

the first knives out was better
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy