View Poll Results: * being lowest and ***** highest, how much do you trust fortune tellers?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll

8 80.00%

0 0%

1 10.00%

0 0%

0 0%
  • knock knock

1 10.00%
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Default Do you trust fortune tellers?

Have you ever had your palm read? Tarot cards read? Bumps on your head interpreted?

Do you think there is something to it?

There is nothing to it. No one can predict the future. Fortune Tellers use various techniques to fool their patrons. Same with those that claim to talk with the dead. There is zero evidence that ESP exists in any form.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-23-2023 at 05:12 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

What Kirby said.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Have you ever had your palm read? Tarot cards read? Bumps on your head interpreted?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

No.

Do I believe in psychics, clairvoyants, etc? I think anything's possible, but not plausible. I've gotten many readings. If there are commonalities from different readings, I give that a smidge more weight, but generally, they're just for fun and more meant to get one to consider the elements brought up and provide their own meaning or relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post

Is this where we are supposed to answer "More than I do alternative media"?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Trust fortune tellers? More or less.

My mother made astrology one of her hobbies and was a devoted astrologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Do I believe in psychics, clairvoyants, etc? I think anything's possible, but not plausible. I've gotten many readings. If there are commonalities from different readings, I give that a smidge more weight, but generally, they're just for fun and more meant to get one to consider the elements brought up and provide their own meaning or relevance.
    ^^^Yeah, I don’t DISbelieve anything (i believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis), I just think most of the ppl im going to encounter who profess to have psychic powers won’t be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Yeah, I don’t DISbelieve anything (i believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis), I just think most of the ppl im going to encounter who profess to have psychic powers won’t be legit.
    Totally fair. It's always wise to have healthy skepticism partnered with an open mind.