Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    An interesting concept, though I'm wondering why 616 Gwen would do anything other than being hurt and confused as to her boyfriend being responsible for her father's death and lying to her.

Unless they turn her into some sort of government backed vigilante hunter. Or maybe Norman manipulates Gwen into thinking that he murderered Peter as some sort of twisted retribution for her father, and she becomes his ally. (But even those scenarios seem like a stretch)

But Gerry is probably the best possible choice for this, so I'll probably pick it up. Also, I wonder if he'll give MJ a role in this story.
    It's Gerry Conway and Jody Houser. MJ will have a role in this story (and I wouldn't be shocked if they play on "MJ knew Peter was Spider-Man").

MJ will also probably end up dying, but that's a role in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's Gerry Conway and Jody Houser. MJ will have a role in this story (and I wouldn't be shocked if they play on "MJ knew Peter was Spider-Man").

MJ will also probably end up dying, but that's a role in the story.
    I'd half-expect MJ to end up trying to be Gwen's conscience and talk her out of her dark path (to no avail).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    2 great adaptations of spider man did it cmon comics do it
    Wait, what are we talking about? What great adaptations?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    An interesting concept, though I'm wondering why 616 Gwen would do anything other than being hurt and confused as to her boyfriend being responsible for her father's death and lying to her.

Unless they turn her into some sort of government backed vigilante hunter. Or maybe Norman manipulates Gwen into thinking that he murderered Peter as some sort of twisted retribution for her father, and she becomes his ally. (But even those scenarios seem like a stretch)

But Gerry is probably the best possible choice for this, so I'll probably pick it up. Also, I wonder if he'll give MJ a role in this story.
    This is a comic book. Gwen becoming a supervillain is more likely than her just going to therapy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...es-dark-twist/

(Comicbook.com seems to incorrectly list Gerry Duggan as one of the writers at one point, but it is Gerry Conway.)

When does it come out? I'll buy this for a return to The Night Gwen Stacy Died by the guy who wrote it, Gerry Conway.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    This is a comic book. Gwen becoming a supervillain is more likely than her just going to therapy.
    Not every character necessitates a supervillain origin story.

Wait, what are we talking about? What great adaptations?
    I think they're referring to the Playstation game and the MCU.

Aunt May was only good during JMS run. Before that she was annoying and useless. OMD ruined that too.

In regards of this what if? I think the dark thing would be having powers and kill Norman.

Astonishing Member

I'm definitely interested to see this comic.

Only problem here is... How will Gwen gain Spider-Powers here? I mean, Venom's symbiote is still in Battleworld and the Secret Wars hasn't happened yet, so that's out of the picture. My guess? Maybe an experiment from the Jackal with Peter's DNA, like a prototype of "Spider-Island".

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I'm definitely interested to see this comic.

Only problem here is... How will Gwen gain Spider-Powers here? I mean, Venom's symbiote is still in Battleworld and the Secret Wars hasn't happened yet, so that's out of the picture. My guess? Maybe an experiment from the Jackal with Peter's DNA, like a prototype of "Spider-Island".
    That would make sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would make sense.
    It's the only way it could make sense. I mean, I don't think the other "Spider-Women" will be involved here.

About the "Dark Turn", that's worrysome. On one hand, it could be Spider-Gwen in Secret Wars and getting Venom's suit. But considering the official Spider-Gwen already has a Venom with her, I think it has to be something else. You know something? Maybe the symbiote, instead of going with Eddie Brock, it could bond with someone else. Felicia... We already have a story about that incoming, so I don't think so. So how about... Mary Jane becomes Venom and blames Gwen for Peter's death?

So, this Gwen will basically become Dark Multiverse Lois Lane how original....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So, this Gwen will basically become Dark Multiverse Lois Lane how original....
    Please, as if Marvel and DC hasn't already been copying each other for years.

Superman even had his own "Planet Hulk" story.

After Peter dies, Gwen will not attend the funeral but instead go to Europe and become Norman Osborn's trophy wife.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    Aunt May was only good during JMS run. Before that she was annoying and useless. OMD ruined that too.

In regards of this what if? I think the dark thing would be having powers and kill Norman.
    But it was the JMS run where she was at her most useless.

But it was the JMS run where she was at her most useless.
    No. She was not.