Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yes, we are supposed to assume that is Nick Fury in the cloak dragging a chain, and the explanation boxes telling us he has the watch and not tamper anymore. It's like a hell for Fury, who always tampers with everything. But it is poetic justice, to be made to abide by the Watchers dictum, to observe but never interfere, and this as penance for the murder of Uatu. That's one thing I thought was never addressed completely, that Nick Fury is a murderer, and the murder mystery is solved by shackling Fury on the moon.
    Made to abide by The Watchers dictum, a dictum Uatu himself broke every other week. Do you really think a constant meddler like Fury will actually obey that dictum? HAH!

This whole event was complete crap. Was it well-written? Technically yes, but that doesn't make it good.

I liked the scene with wolvie, Natasha, etc in the the diner.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Fear View Post
    Made to abide by The Watchers dictum, a dictum Uatu himself broke every other week. Do you really think a constant meddler like Fury will actually obey that dictum? HAH!

This whole event was complete crap. Was it well-written? Technically yes, but that doesn't make it good.
    Well that would throw the cat among the pigeons, if Fury couldn't be shackled at all. We understand that Fury still has a role in the Marvel Universe as it goes forward, and being an impartial observer may not be one of them. The intention seems clear, that Fury is supposed to watch and not touch, but why sustain a character in that role. Even Madam Webs cryptic messages has her interfering in history. It will be interesting how Marvel intends to use this invisible, former Unseen, Nick Fury. He certainly has a mine of experience for Bucky to fall back on, so Fury could be like an Oracle? Fury may not be allowed to interfere with Earths history, but he could find a way to direct action to places that need it?
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-08-2014 at 04:49 PM.

BANNED

Uh, I liked the art thats about it.

Yeah, I just assumed we'd next see him in some sort of 'oracle' role for Bucky. I just don't want him to start speaking like a Guardian of The Universe all of a sudden.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

i don't get it
    who shackled Fury?
    this was meh at best
    and the Uncanny X-Men revelation was the worst: powerful young mutant with crazy uncontrolled powers? he was called Legion and it already happened a thousand time.
    and Xavier marriage with Mystique just to make it more like the movies? lame! let her be a lesbian like she was in the comics, what's wrong with that Marvel?
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Surprise just doesn't cover this type of role in the world. That we learn Nick Fury was also doing a weekend job nobody ever knew about, except the Watcher, was something way off the planet in terms of degree. People may have been revolted that Fury was doing this type of work, but to me, I always believed there had to be more to what Fury was doing, but this?
    The whole premise of this story rests on the notion that it would somehow be a shocking revelation that an international superspy who hides **** and protects the world has been hiding **** and protecting the world. It isn't.

The extraterrestrial/extra-dimensional threats thing isn't even news. This whole role for Nick is basically exactly what he did during "Secret Invasion," only with added pretentiousness.

We learned literally nothing about Nick we didn't already know in the course of this bloated non-event and its core non-revelation. Meanwhile, the angle the book was pitched on -- a legitimately interesting detective story about the Watcher being murdered by an unknown assailant -- floundered into obscurity, and even the identity of the killer was revealed well ahead of the closing acts that still treated it as some kind of big reveal.
    Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    As expected it's an excuse to push Fury out of the well for the movie/PC-friendly replacement, and even more expected was that Fury did it.
    I just may **** a chicken the next time someone calls Nick Fury Jr. "The Politically Correct Nick Fury." I just may.

If there has been a more stupid use of the term in relation to Marvel, I don't think I've heard it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    and Xavier marriage with Mystique just to make it more like the movies? lame! let her be a lesbian like she was in the comics, what's wrong with that Marvel?
    The word you're looking for is "bisexual," which she could easily still be in the movie series. Also, I'm not sure what you think you're getting at -- there was never a romantic relationship between Raven and Charles in the films.
    Last edited by TresDias; 09-09-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    The whole premise of this story rests on the notion that it would somehow be a shocking revelation that an international superspy who hides **** and protects the world has been hiding **** and protecting the world. It isn't.

The extraterrestrial/extra-dimensional threats thing isn't even news. This whole role for Nick is basically exactly what he did during "Secret Invasion," only with added pretentiousness.

We learned literally nothing about Nick we didn't already know in the course of this bloated non-event and its core non-revelation. Meanwhile, the angle the book was pitched on -- a legitimately interesting detective story about the Watcher being murdered by an unknown assailant -- floundered into obscurity, and even the identity of the killer was revealed well ahead of the closing acts that still treated it as some kind of big reveal.
    Nick Fury in Secret Invasion was not quite the same as what he was doing as Man on the Wall. Otherwise, Nick would have popped the Skrull Queen well before the Invasion started, but he was too much on the run that he couldn't figger out what was going on, let alone stop the Invasion with all his Gamma bullets. The SI had surprised even the Man on the Wall because Fury only discovered it after Secret War (where he was dumped as DoS) and met Skrull Valentina, but by then, Nick was so far behind in the game, he had to make it up as he went along. But yes, it was interesting that Fury, the Man on the Wall, was caught off guard, and almost showed his hand in SI. I think that must have been why he left so abruptly with his Secret Warriors, when Dugan LMD and the real Valentina emerged from the crashed Skrull ship at the end. Because Fury still had to work out what happened, in his own satellite orbiting the Earth. It was just after this that Fury decided the ruse with Hydra was of no further use and blew that whole operation apart.
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-09-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post

The word you're looking for is "bisexual," which she could easily still be in the movie series. Also, I'm not sure what you think you're getting at -- there was never a romantic relationship between Raven and Charles in the films.
    You didn't see First Class of Days of Future Past? it heavily implies Mystique looks for Xavier affection and can't get it, so she leaves with Magneto, and later Xavier admits he misses her and committed a mistake by letting her go..
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

I'm in complete agreement. Of course, I am old. But Nick Fury as the man on the wall? Seems derivative, almost like Jon Snow as a Crow. I know superheroes get around like nobody's business, but I find this way too hard to believe.

I'd rather believe Hercules pulled Manhattan back into position all those years ago in Marvel Team Up.

Not a fan of Aaron at all...his Thor was over-ripe, and if it was his idea to cast Thor as a female...ugh. Sorry. That is plainly ridiculous.
    Of course, I'm no good with change for change's sake...except for Miss Martian (which is a GREAT character) I have never been big on Geoff "Harold's Purple Crayon" Johns either.

Good luck, you young readers. Godspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    As expected it's an excuse to push Fury out of the well for the movie/PC-friendly replacement, and even more expected was that Fury did it.

Also the lack of F4 appearing or doing anything relevant in a Watcher-centric story is disgraceful. But Marvel's movie altar is king.
    I didn't even think of the lack of FF...It really was bad all along. Terrible start, middle and end...Makes Futures End look like Dickens...

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I didn't even think of the lack of FF...It really was bad all along. Terrible start, middle and end...Makes Futures End look like Dickens...
    At least Original Sin was on 8 issues long. Futures End is weekly series that I simply can't afford even if I wanted to. The only character in that series that interest me is Batman Beyond. Everyone else is lame in my book.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?