Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I cannot help to wonder, now that it's ending...

Wouldn't this book be much more coherent if it was X-FACTOR 2.0 ?
    Like it would have made WAY more sense with the themes, the cast, the writer and the artist.
    AND we could have had a real "Marauders kinda pirates saving mutants" in another book.
    Sweet GAWD I wish X-FACTOR could be resurrected.
    We need a team to investigate the how/why/when/where the title was killed and then put it at the top of the FIVE's to-resurrect-list, please and thank you.

Northstar, Polaris, Aurora, Fang, Eye Boy, Prodigy and bring in both Siryn and Hindsight to fill the gap left by Rachel, for their red hair and timey-whimey-investigation-powers, respectively. haha.

WITH SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCES BY SPEED AND WIND DANCER and perhaps even Morph.

BANNED

The whole point of this story was apparently to provide the origin for Okkara and thus Arrako and Krakoa

Kate Pryde created the Krakoa Era?!

Creation of Threshold = existence of Grove = evolution into Okkara = inspiration of Celestials for creation of Eternal Machine / split into Arrako & Krakoa = Apocalypse X Genesis (and their kids) = kinder gentler nicer En Sabah Nur = unified mutant nation
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 03-23-2023 at 05:39 AM.

So Kate's inability to cross the gates is STILL not explained ? That's annoying

This series always jumps away to random fights happening somewhere else that seem to have nothing to do with the story. Probably less of an issue in the trade, as it's often easy to follow scattershot plotting if you literally just read it.

This book is with X-Corp and Fallen Angels for me, as the worst titles of the Krakoa era. I'm happy it is over, but afraid of what the writer will do next in the franchise. I really dislike his plots and the dialogue reads very confusing to me.

Duggan said he wanted the title Marauders to be a classic of the franchise in the future, like X-Factor, Excalibur etc. If they want to continue with this, I hope they bring a very good writer for volume 3, because volume 1 was very good, but this one almost ruined it in my perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    So Kate's inability to cross the gates is STILL not explained ? That's annoying
    Wasnt Reed looking into that? i see that being a big plot point and not something that’ll be relegated to Marauders, I wouldnt be surprised if this is picked up during or after Fall of X
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Wasnt Reed looking into that? i see that being a big plot point and not something that’ll be relegated to Marauders, I wouldnt be surprised if this is picked up during or after Fall of X

Orlando is currently answering questions on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando

Q: Really enjoyed the ending to Marauders. Any idea where some of these characters will appear next?

Orlando: Yes! And not all in the same place. Watch FALL OF X title announcements to see who's going where. And we've got a lot of them in the upcoming MUTANT FIRST STRIKE.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Saw Orlando confirm that Kate/Emma are the creators of the Threshold, they’ve come so far i could shed a tear almost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Orlando is currently answering questions on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando

Q: Really enjoyed the ending to Marauders. Any idea where some of these characters will appear next?

Orlando: Yes! And not all in the same place. Watch FALL OF X title announcements to see who's going where. And we've got a lot of them in the upcoming MUTANT FIRST STRIKE.
    So yeah I think its safe to say Mutant First Strike will be following the events of Marauders.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Q: Any further plans for the Baby Marauders (Wind Dancer, Brutha Nature, Triage, Birdy, and the Alchemist)? Are there other similar specialized squads in that same vein?

Orlando: Mutant First Strike :-)

Though like it says in that issue - the squad roster changes depending on the disaster in question.

Interesting. I like the idea of first responders with a rotating cast.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Q: Any further plans for the Baby Marauders (Wind Dancer, Brutha Nature, Triage, Birdy, and the Alchemist)? Are there other similar specialized squads in that same vein?

Orlando: Mutant First Strike :-)

Though like it says in that issue - the squad roster changes depending on the disaster in question.

Interesting. I like the idea of first responders with a rotating cast.
    SAME! Disaster relief and rescue is a great concept!!

My heart swells at the prospect of seeing Wind Dancer & Brutha Nature in the future!

Nice. Can’t wait for new roster and title announcements for Fall of X!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    SAME! Disaster relief and rescue is a great concept!!

My heart swells at the prospect of seeing Wind Dancer & Brutha Nature in the future!
    I love that disaster relief team! Though unfortunately he did say in his Twitter responses that he doesn’t have any concrete plans for Sofia right now.

One thing I DID notice is that Dani Moonstar is apparently one of his top 5 X-ladies. Would love to see him write her if only to get her a role in something that’s not teaching in NM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I love that disaster relief team! Though unfortunately he did say in his Twitter responses that he doesn’t have any concrete plans for Sofia right now.

One thing I DID notice is that Dani Moonstar is apparently one of his top 5 X-ladies. Would love to see him write her if only to get her a role in something that’s not teaching in NM.
    Me: Oh!!! My King just replied to my post! Oh yes we love a disaster relief team and--- NOOOOOOOOOOOOO [shrill gay scream over the lack of Wind Dancer]

I plan to read this series once its completely on Unlimited. I love Orlando but the art killed my interest to support monthly. I really enjoyed Marauders vol 1 - its not a perfect run but its features many favorite characters. The previous volume felt essential to the franchise and this feels like a footnote.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/