Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Character sheet by new series artist, Amancay Nahuelpan
    Attachment 131021
    Love it!

The Hawks should be very physically fit.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Character sheet by new series artist, Amancay Nahuelpan
    Attachment 131021
    All the art and variants I’ve seen for this book have been looking pretty awesome. Looking forward to this coming out!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Covers for August’s second issue!
    IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

Covers for August’s second issue!
    IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg
    Looking forward to her team-up with Galaxy!

So far the art looks great. But is there a synopsis or something for what the series is going to be about.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So far the art looks great. But is there a synopsis or something for what the series is going to be about.
    The biggest thing we know is that it’s about Hawkgirl moving to Metropolis. And the new solicit makes it sound like she’ll have her own neighbourhood (as if the House of El couldn’t get anywhere in the city in less than a split second…).

Midway City and St. Roch were still available...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The biggest thing we know is that it’s about Hawkgirl moving to Metropolis. And the new solicit makes it sound like she’ll have her own neighbourhood (as if the House of El couldn’t get anywhere in the city in less than a split second…).
    I'm sure the Els wouldn't mind people helping out. Gives them more time to help out in space.

Let's not pretend the House of El's aid isn't in high demand.

But I miss St. Roch.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm sure the Els wouldn't mind people helping out. Gives them more time to help out in space.

Let's not pretend the House of El's aid isn't in high demand.

But I miss St. Roch.
    I’m just disappointed they’re missing an opportunity to flesh out St. Roch or Midway.
    Metropolis will always be Superman’s city, not the Hawks’. So in the first mini in ages that Hawkgirl gets, I’d much rather see them exploring a location more unique to her.
    It’s her chance to carve a more distinct place and role in the DCU. Being just another hero in Metropolis will not help in this :/

Ultimate Member

I’m just disappointed they’re missing an opportunity to flesh out St. Roch or Midway.
    Metropolis will always be Superman’s city, not the Hawks’. So in the first mini in ages that Hawkgirl gets, I’d much rather see them exploring a location more unique to her.
    It’s her chance to carve a more distinct place and role in the DCU. Being just another hero in Metropolis will not help in this :/
    A city with some relevant theme, such as Denver, the Mile-High City, or any old city that happened to be the 'landing place' for the Feitherans who *didn't* all move to Khandaq just in time to get killed with everyone else in Khandaq could make for a neat raison d'etre for a Hawk to be a local hero, with a possible influx of winged people, at least some of whom, statistically, are going to run afowl (hah) of the law. (Even if just misunderstandings or unintended violations of local airspace ordinances, etc.)

But does Kendra have any connection to Midway City?

The pre-Hawkworld Katar and ‎Shayera were based there, but Kendra is connected to Shiera. (Unless your rationale is that absurd retcon that all the pre-Hawkworld stories with Katar and Shayera suddenly became stories of Golden Age Carter and Shiera . . . )

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Why is everyone moving to Supermans territory? Even Donna Troy will be spending time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Why is everyone moving to Supermans territory? Even Donna Troy will be spending time there.
    It made sense during the Bendis Young Justice era when he was writing the Superman titles (even if it still felt kind of forced at times).

At least it's not Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A city with some relevant theme, such as Denver, the Mile-High City, or any old city that happened to be the 'landing place' for the Feitherans who *didn't* all move to Khandaq just in time to get killed with everyone else in Khandaq could make for a neat raison d'etre for a Hawk to be a local hero, with a possible influx of winged people, at least some of whom, statistically, are going to run afowl (hah) of the law. (Even if just misunderstandings or unintended violations of local airspace ordinances, etc.)
    These would be cool ideas. Hawkgirl as superhero identity is one of the DC's most famous female heroes. I wish they'd do more to carve her own place in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But does Kendra have any connection to Midway City?

The pre-Hawkworld Katar and ‎Shayera were based there, but Kendra is connected to Shiera. (Unless your rationale is that absurd retcon that all the pre-Hawkworld stories with Katar and Shayera suddenly became stories of Golden Age Carter and Shiera . . . )
    Kendra is one of the hawks. Thematically it wouldn't be such a stretch to have her move to Midway, but St. Roch or a new city in Latin America where she could explore part of her roots would be my picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I had no idea about Donna. Metropolis is getting crowded

I was pretty hyped for this when it was announced, but the more I hear about it the less interested I become.

Kendra moving to Metropolis just does not interest me in the least. I feel like it's not developing the Hawks' world, and there's no way Kendra can do anything there without Clark overshadowing her.

And Galaxy.....she's from some young adult OGN or something right? And the writer's own creation? I got nothing against the character since I know nothing about her, but I'm not a fan of Kendra having to share page space with a co-star. We're not talking about a big, major A-lister with a deep mythos y'know? She needs all the page time she can get.

But the art is damn fine. Damn fine. I may still check this out, I do love me a good Hawkgirl (though I prefer Shay). I dunno, we'll see what happens. I wish the series well even if I don't end up reading it, anything that helps Hawkgirl grow her profile is something I support.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.