Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    I knew this book wasn’t going to be for me the moment I read this.

Attachment 133393
    Yeah, the dialog over all was really bad. That just doesn't sound like Superman. If it was Supergirl saying that to Powergirl maybe it would work...but it just felt really weird coming out of Superman's mouth.

I was pretty pumped for this as I thought Venditti's Hawkman did a fantastic job of making the Hawk's history simpler so I was looking forward to seeing someone build on that but this was just a convoluted mess.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Thought the first issue was... okay. Decent story, pretty awesome art, intriguing new characters... Having said that, yeah, there's a lot going on with characters other than Kendra to the point where it was kind of distracting. I did like Galaxy, but there's just so much other stuff going on. Superman, PG, Batman... speaking of which the plot eventually turns to Gotham so we can expect more Batman stuff in the future.

I liked it enough to follow for a few more issues but I hope it eventually becomes more Hawkgirl centric, that's what we all want from it.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog