Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Call St. Patrick.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Not Australian snakes.
    I think Australia bans animals that aren't extremely lethal in some way. I hear some woman there found an Eastern Brown Snake, supposedly the deadliest snake in the world, in her bed. And I was worried about a mouse...

Fortunately, I think my attack Great Snowy Egret ate the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I think Australia bans animals that aren't extremely lethal in some way. I hear some woman there found an Eastern Brown Snake, supposedly the deadliest snake in the world, in her bed. And I was worried about a mouse...

Fortunately, I think my attack Great Snowy Egret ate the mouse.
    Second deadliest. The inland taipan is the deadliest (in terms of the potency of its venom), but they are rarely encountered because they live in remote areas. Eastern browns are far more common and they like to live in the same areas as humans and can be found in the suburbs of major cities along the east coast. Fortunately, actually fatalities are rare as snakes generally prefer to flee from humans if they can, and most hospitals stock the antivenins for snakes of the local area. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Australia led the world in the development of antivenins.

Extraordinary Member

Second deadliest. The inland taipan is the deadliest (in terms of the potency of its venom), but they are rarely encountered because they live in remote areas. Eastern browns are far more common and they like to live in the same areas as humans and can be found in the suburbs of major cities along the east coast. Fortunately, actually fatalities are rare as snakes generally prefer to flee from humans if they can, and most hospitals stock the antivenins for snakes of the local area. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Australia led the world in the development of antivenins.
    Ah then, she'd have been fine. It's probably the only place where you can get bitten by an incredibly lethal snake, stumble into the ocean where you get stung by a lethal box jellyfish, swallowed by a tiger shark, which is then itself eaten by a salty. Aussies probably view that as "Monday".

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Ah then, she'd have been fine. It's probably the only place where you can get bitten by an incredibly lethal snake, stumble into the ocean where you get stung by a lethal box jellyfish, swallowed by a tiger shark, which is then itself eaten by a salty. Aussies probably view that as "Monday".
    Yeah, but we can go to school, the supermarket or a nightclub and be like 99.99% certain that we're not going to get shot, so swings and roundabouts.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, but we can go to school, the supermarket or a nightclub and be like 99.99% certain that we're not going to get shot, so swings and roundabouts.
    Yes, if you can get to school alive while avoiding the killer animals.

Call your local military. Ask them to patch you through to G.I. Joe.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Call your local military. Ask them to patch you through to G.I. Joe.
    Eh, that only works if it's a cobra.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

You could hire some younger mutant samurai lizards to fight the snakes...

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Hasn't happened yet, but snakes will be crawling soon. With small children in the neighborhood, I'm curious what the best way to get rid of a snake (large or poisonous, not grass & garter snakes).

I've heard all kinds of ways, from:

*running over it with the lawnmower(!)
    *killing it with a hoe or shovel
    *shooting it
    *capturing it in a bag or container then calling pest control
    *leave it alone and call pest control (and hopefully they'll find it)
    ^^^Its best to take it on a snake by snake basis.
    Most times giving them a wide berth is best.

There are times though, where you have to go hands on.

I remember about 7-8 years ago I was coming home and saw my neighbor’s 3 year old in their driveway, right next to a rattler. I ran over and stomped it to death before the kid got bit.

I’m not what you call, neighborly. I don’t invite conversation and keep to myself. But to this day I still get Christmas presents from the parents, and the kid, now about ten, thinks she’s my designated dog walker

Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.