Default Ra's al Ghul vs Fu Manchu, twist

Ra's al Ghul (comic book version) vs Fu Manchu, with a twist. Both men and their own organizations are retroactively relocated to a neutral version of Earth. They will not meet in direct combat, and can only strike at one another through minions. Who will survive?

EDIT: 616 version of Fu Manchu.
    Last edited by Shellhead; 03-23-2023 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Ra's al Ghul (comic book version) vs Fu Manchu, with a twist. Both men and their own organizations are retroactively relocated to a neutral version of Earth. They will not meet in direct combat, and can only strike at one another through minions. Who will survive?
    I only read one Fu Manchu book and that was decades ago. So, I can only go with my instincts here as I have no specific feats to go by, just a general feeling which others can correct with actual feats. But my instincts are that Fu Manchu's opponents were, well, relatively normal humans. Now, maybe that's wrong, maybe they were pulp heroes, which is a whole different thing. But it's just my impression from something I read a long, long time ago. Meanwhile, Ra's al Ghul takes on Batman.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I only read one Fu Manchu book and that was decades ago. So, I can only go with my instincts here as I have no specific feats to go by, just a general feeling which others can correct with actual feats. But my instincts are that Fu Manchu's opponents were, well, relatively normal humans. Now, maybe that's wrong, maybe they were pulp heroes, which is a whole different thing. But it's just my impression from something I read a long, long time ago. Meanwhile, Ra's al Ghul takes on Batman.
    My bad, I wasn't specific in the original post... this is Fu Manchu in the 616 zip code.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

My bad, I wasn't specific in the original post... this is Fu Manchu in the 616 zip code.
    What heroes did he get pitted against?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    What heroes did he get pitted against?
    As an archetypal evil mastermind, Fu Manchu didn't sully his hands on personal combat, but he did command a global network of assassins. They usually battled Shang-Chi, but also Spider-man, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, and the Secret Avengers.

As an archetypal evil mastermind, Fu Manchu didn't sully his hands on personal combat, but he did command a global network of assassins. They usually battled Shang-Chi, but also Spider-man, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, and the Secret Avengers.
    Since this is an organization vs. organization thing, basically, who is the better master planner, we'd probably need some very distinguishing difference. I get the feeling that Ra's al Ghul is probably based a lot on Fu Manchu, as is the Mandarin. But this scenario puts them in a world where Ra's does not have the Lazarus Pit, etc. No home field advantage, just whop is the better planner. I don't see anything that distinguishes one over the other except, maybe, that Ra's relies a bit more on superhuman abilities. But, then again, I'm sure there are more than a few lapses of reality to allow Fu Manchu to pull off certain things.

Edit: Of course, the real question is: does Ra's al Ghul have any feats of singing so he can take on the Peter Sellers Fu Manchu in a singing contest?
    Last edited by Powerboy; 03-24-2023 at 09:25 AM.
    Power with Girl is better.