Extraordinary Member

Default Justice League Couples Who Deserve A Comeback

Be sure to list your JL couples you'd want back - or couples you'd like to start.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-justic...d-wonder-woman

10. Zatanna And Batman (No, just no)
    09. Aquaman And Wonder Woman (WOW)
    08. Red Arrow And Hawkgirl (Nice)
    07. Guy Gardner And Ice (Awwww)
    06. Black Canary And Batman (Better as adversaries)
    05. Arsenal And Cheshire (HOT)
    04. Zatanna And The Flash (Sniff, brings me back)
    03. Harley Quinn And Booster Gold (Interesting)
    02. Batman And Wonder Woman (Again no, just no)
    01. Fire And Ice (Never, much better as best friends)

How would Fire and Ice make “narrative sense”? Sometimes friends are just friends.
    The article has some pretty bad couples (WW and Batman being among the worst)

I miss Mister Miracle and Big Barda. I wish Barda had gotten a bigger focus during the JLI days and joined the team for a longer time instead of playing Scott’s annoyed wife all the time.

10. Zatanna And Batman (No)
    09. Aquaman And Wonder Woman (maybe)
    08. Red Arrow And Hawkgirl (yeah this was fun)
    07. Guy Gardner And Ice (Awwww)
    06. Black Canary And Batman (No)
    05. Arsenal And Cheshire (No)
    04. Zatanna And The Flash (No)
    03. Harley Quinn And Booster Gold (No)
    02. Batman And Wonder Woman (No)
    01. Fire And Ice (What Factor said)

Firestorm and Manitou Dawn had a mutual attraction that was never really explored I don’t think.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The ONLY one of those I liked was the Guy & Ice coupling.
    The Roy/Kendra thing during Meltzer's run didn't really click for me. I liked it in theory, but in practice not so much.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The ONLY one of those I liked was the Guy & Ice coupling.
    The Roy/Kendra thing during Meltzer's run didn't really click for me. I liked it in theory, but in practice not so much.
    I found them to be extremely boring.

I don't even like Roy with Donna dating as adults but I find them more compelling than Roy and Kendra.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

10. Zatanna And Batman (I've read it and found nothing to like about it.)
    09. Aquaman And Wonder Woman (I'd prefer them as good friends but a romance could work. Especially if it's a pre-Mera romance that didn't work out but they have no hard feelings.)
    08. Red Arrow And Hawkgirl (Roy falling for Kendra came pretty out of left field but I don't mind)
    07. Guy Gardner And Ice (It's fine)
    06. Black Canary And Batman (NO.)
    05. Arsenal And Cheshire (I've never seen the appeal. Only reason they got together, again and again, is because Roy thought it'd be good for Lian and then it never was.)
    04. Zatanna And The Flash (Interesting.)
    03. Harley Quinn And Booster Gold (I guess if HQ would have the hots for any male hero it'd be Booster.)
    02. Batman And Wonder Woman (Haha, no.)
    01. Fire And Ice (It'd work. I see the appeal.)

The only ones I find interesting out of these is Guy and Ice, they had a fun dynamic in the past, and Roy and Kendra. If Carter will be more likely paired with Shiera in the future then giving Kendra a different love interest makes sense.
    Fire and Ice I don't hate, but it is kind of annoying that people are so much more accepting of female bisexuality than men. There's just as much evidence for a Booster and Beetle pairing as there is for Fire and Ice, but so many people who'd accept Fire and Ice would get ugly about Booster and Beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    The only ones I find interesting out of these is Guy and Ice, they had a fun dynamic in the past, and Roy and Kendra. If Carter will be more likely paired with Shiera in the future then giving Kendra a different love interest makes sense.
    Fire and Ice I don't hate, but it is kind of annoying that people are so much more accepting of female bisexuality than men. There's just as much evidence for a Booster and Beetle pairing as there is for Fire and Ice, but so many people who'd accept Fire and Ice would get ugly about Booster and Beetle.
    I'm a fan of the Roy and Kendra pairing too. Carter and Shiera have been back together since the last Hawkman series unless I missed something. I'm hoping that they'll both eventually show up in the current JSA series. I'm also down for Guy and Ice to be a couple again but that was only when he was super nice due to a concussion, right? Have they ever dated when he's been in his arrogant Guy mode?

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    They already did, she was dating Martian Manhunter in Snyder's Justice League run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Honestly I didn't hate Roy and Kendra. I dunno if they're an endgame couple, but it's nice to see superheroes date outside their superhero families

I was wondering if Captain Atom and Plastique are still togwther or whether he and Cobett ever got together.

I also wonder whether Amazing Man and Maxima ever advanced prior to her demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I was wondering if Captain Atom and Plastique are still togwther or whether he and Cobett ever got together.

I also wonder whether Amazing Man and Maxima ever advanced prior to her demise.
    Catherine Cobert hasn't been seen since the "Breakdowns" storyline in the 90's, so no. And Amazing Man was killed off in Robinson's Starman and stayed dead.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm a fan of the Roy and Kendra pairing too. Carter and Shiera have been back together since the last Hawkman series unless I missed something. I'm hoping that they'll both eventually show up in the current JSA series. I'm also down for Guy and Ice to be a couple again but that was only when he was super nice due to a concussion, right? Have they ever dated when he's been in his arrogant Guy mode?
    Yes, in the classic JLI era Ice and Guy dated while he was in his arrogant mode as well as his nice mode.