Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, yeah, if you followed the myths Circe would be dead. In one of the myths she gets killed by one of her sons... who in turn gets killed by her daughter Cassiphone.
    True enough...but I mean besides the name and general idea, I like the freedom that the writers have, not that they always use it to the best potential outcome.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I have to agree with what others have already said about vaguely remembering that the decision was not what George Pérez had wanted to do.
    It then took about 20 years before DC undid that change and Diana once again became a founding member of the Justice League of America.
    I’m not going to dive into the pedantic details and the emphasis of bolding, underlining and font size changes you seem to live by in your responses. Or the parsing of the language used in a friendly response in a discussion.

Simply put, it’s what they all ended up doing together and you probably had some idea of what I meant.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 04-01-2023 at 10:22 AM.

One aspect of the Titans of Myth that I find surprising.... is that Circe is a DEMI-TITAN!!!!! In DC, her father is Hyperion! Why has DC never done things with this? instead they focus on her connection to Hecate.... which is not a blood relation, merely a connection in that both are powerful magic users.

Then you have Deva.... who logically should see Circe as her aunt or cousin or something. but I don't know of a story where the two have even MET.
    These are a lot of the connections (Circe, Devastation, etc.) I think about and could be really interesting to explore with the Titans of Myth, Olympians and Diana.

The Titans of Myth and Olympians and Gaea and other deities lends itself to whole stories about family, betrayal, trauma, etc. I’d just really like to tease out the status of the Titans of Myth, because they tend to get used in different ways. (E.G. Hyperion, iirc, in the latest couple of issues of Wonder Woman.)

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It's because most of the writers dont know actually mythology or dont bother doing enough research.
    Definitely an issue when writers start mostly fresh with Wonder Woman when they begin their runs.

That’s why in a way, I started writing my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee for fun for myself. I wanted to make sense of the entire Wonder world and characters as a guide to build on all the great characters and aspects of Diana’s history. The characters portion of the Bible is getting to be quite long!

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The New 52 she's created from clay by Amazon rebels to take over Themyscira
    Then Rebirth still uses the clay origin but she's now born a baby. The main Amazon branch rescued her and raise her alongside Diana as a younger sister. She didn't know she's a clay until it's revealed during Rebirth Titans in present day. This origin applies to Titans Hunt backstory.
    Infinite Frontier it's back to saved from fire by Diana again.

Everything happened refer to every story published by mainline DC happened in one big timeline, but the reboot also happened, and after every reboot, there's a new history (though sometimes not)
    So only the latest one applies
    Oooooh the venom I have for the DCnU Donna origin! I’m okay with trying new things and letting them evolve, but they have to fit the character somehow.

That origin took Donna so far away from who she had been and her personality that it made zero sense to me. At least that’s how I think about characters and their personalities at their brightest, most popular, point in time. It’s got to fit who they are somehow. (And I’m very protective of Donna.)

Honestly, it’s a bit how I think and feel about Etta too. When they shifted her to be in the military with Steve so long ago, it really changed the original intent and personality of the character. I’m all about returning Etta to her heiress, adventurous, best-friend-to-Diana roots. It could make an interesting triangle of friendships and attitudes between Diana, Etta and Steve.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 04-01-2023 at 10:33 AM.

Well that's kinda what I was getting at, while they don't need to pay attention to the old myths, the writers DO need to try to make the DC version consistent... which... nope.
    That’s what I’m looking for, some internal consistency when using characters with a healthy dose of wanting to push the narratives where they can go and try new things.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True enough...but I mean besides the name and general idea, I like the freedom that the writers have, not that they always use it to the best potential outcome.
    Agreed - case in point, I really liked the idea of the Circe and Ares relationship. One of my favorite things from the Azz run was Highfather having the hots for Hera when they visited New Genesis.

Imagine how Circe and Ares dating would affect Diana and/or the Olympians?

Instead of killing Zeus, what if Hera said had just said “it’s over” and started dating Izaya?

I love thinking about and pushing the narrative in these ways… Hera as the stepmom to Scott Free and Orion. Darkseid being all, “Izaya is dating one of the most powerful goddesses… what do I need to be careful of?”

Zeus free to date again in a modern world and dealing with Hera leaving him.

Fun dynamics to think about, from my POV at least, and new places to head with stories.

I think that nobody really is pushing for word by word adaptation of every Greek myth. Just so you know, stories would have some thematic connection to them and that gods wouldn't just be used as regular heroes/villains that shoot lightning from their eyes and dress in togas.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I really don't get this obsession with giving Donna her own villains when she's never been a solo character and likely never will be. Even most Titans that do have personal villains have only one or two.
    This, nothing wrong with being a team player. Problem is that the team has sucked for few decades now.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Agreed - case in point, I really liked the idea of the Circe and Ares relationship. One of my favorite things from the Azz run was Highfather having the hots for Hera when they visited New Genesis.

Imagine how Circe and Ares dating would affect Diana and/or the Olympians?

Instead of killing Zeus, what if Hera said had just said “it’s over” and started dating Izaya?

I love thinking about and pushing the narrative in these ways… Hera as the stepmom to Scott Free and Orion. Darkseid being all, “Izaya is dating one of the most powerful goddesses… what do I need to be careful of?”

Zeus free to date again in a modern world and dealing with Hera leaving him.

Fun dynamics to think about, from my POV at least, and new places to head with stories.
    Well, Hera just had the wizard Shazam murder Zeus, so I doubt he'll want to stay with her if he gets resurrected!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, yeah, if you followed the myths Circe would be dead. In one of the myths she gets killed by one of her sons... who in turn gets killed by her daughter Cassiphone.
    Heh, funny that, she's dead in the myths, but both DC and Marvel have her alive until the 21st century (Marvel's version of Cerce is Sersi of the Eternals, who was just recently killed off in last year's AXE: Judgement Day event).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Hera just had the wizard Shazam murder Zeus, so I doubt he'll want to stay with her if he gets resurrected!
    Very true!

Hmmn, so does Shazam still have the Power of Zeus if Zeus is now dead by his hand?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Good point, Billy and Mary should've lost one sixth of their power because of it.

Good point, Billy and Mary should've lost one sixth of their power because of it.
    I wonder where a gods energy goes after they die? The Source Wall? In a reality or two ago Darkseid was running around absorbing divine energies the last time Zeus died.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I wonder where a gods energy goes after they die? The Source Wall? In a reality or two ago Darkseid was running around absorbing divine energies the last time Zeus died.
    But do gods really "die"?

And would all deities / mythologies be involved with the Source Wall if there's no reference to such a thing in their myths / beliefs?