Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Not everything is continuity but most of everything that can fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    And maybe again her origin will be retold!! Hahahaha!!
    The story may not even cover that topic. I am just happy to see Donna getting some more appearances and attention, in an era where many people fell in love with her.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Not everything is continuity but most of everything that can fit.
    They've flat out said that everything happened in DC Comics. What they touch on and are willing to ignore? Different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I disagree that it doesn't matter that Dick and Roy have more experience, because it makes weird and wrong to me when people who have way less time in the job than they do are treated as senior to them, instruct them, etc. as can happen in some later versions. I actually do agree the shared universe causes as many problems as opportunities. There are some great things from it, but as it gets larger and has more writers, it opens up plot holes galore, has characters nerfed to prop up others, etc.
    And to make it worse, DC is a combination of several things that used to be seperate.

I also like that we see some Bumblebee. But the costume shown is not her original one is it?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They've flat out said that everything happened in DC Comics. What they touch on and are willing to ignore? Different story.
    Her marrige and son
    And her best storyline who is Donna troy

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I also like that we see some Bumblebee. But the costume shown is not her original one is it?

Astonishing Member

Nah. They flat out ignored that. Do keep up.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Am I the only one who enjoys Donna's "Titan Seed" origin?

Her original origin as an infant rescued from a burning building by Wonder Woman and subsequently raised by the Amazons is perfect and unbeatable in its simplicity, but I always found the Titans of Myth story very interesting and unique; it added a layer of complexity to Donna for sure but it was also uniquely hers, gave her and the Titans a whole new playground (which sadly was never really fully explored) and it was just a powerful story by Wolfman & George Perez in his triumphant return to the book.

IMO it was only John Byrne's ridiculous revisions that muddied the waters and they should die in a fire without getting rescued by Diana, Hippolyta, Rhea or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Ah yes, that is the OG costume that I would iike to see, at least initially. Then they can make slight changes as the series continues.

Thank you MajorHoy for finding these scenes.

Robin and Aqualad aren't in their original costumes either - Dan Mora modernised them, primarily by adding pants!

I dont think we know what her current "official" origin is nowadays do we? Apart from the "everything is in continuity"?
    It's the rescued from a fire origin, confirmed by the Artemis Wanted one-shot - both Donna and Cassie had their origins shown in flashback there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

Her original origin as an infant rescued from a burning building by Wonder Woman and subsequently raised by the Amazons is perfect and unbeatable in its simplicity, but I always found the Titans of Myth story very interesting and unique; it added a layer of complexity to Donna for sure but it was also uniquely hers, gave her and the Titans a whole new playground (which sadly was never really fully explored) and it was just a powerful story by Wolfman & George Perez in his triumphant return to the book.

IMO it was only John Byrne's ridiculous revisions that muddied the waters and they should die in a fire without getting rescued by Diana, Hippolyta, Rhea or anyone else.
    I liked the Titan Seed thing as an origin.... the weird place that story went... not a big fan of that.... especially since Donna ended up powerless when it was over.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Nah. They flat out ignored that. Do keep up.
    Nah. They ignore it and just touch of things when they to. Keep up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

I also liked the Titan Seed origin primarily because it was not connected to Wonder Woman and wouldn't be subject to revision/deletion if Wonder Woman's origin changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Robin and Aqualad aren't in their original costumes either - Dan Mora modernised them, primarily by adding pants!
    Dan Mora must be fan of Brainiac:

It's the rescued from a fire origin, confirmed by the Artemis Wanted one-shot - both Donna and Cassie had their origins shown in flashback there.
    Yes, but most of the time the origin of Donna has been explored and explained in the Titans titles. Is like Donna is more Titans character than a Wonder Woman character. I mean, you can argue even than Donna debuted in the Teen Titans book!!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin