Extraordinary Member

Default Waller Vs. WildStorm #1 Preview

Waller Vs. Wildstorm #1 Preview + Interview
    Writers: Spencer Ackerman and Evan Narcisse
    Artist: Jesús Meriño

Extraordinary Member

I don't really know what to expect from this but I'm looking forward to it.

Amazing Member

Yeah, was really unsure of this when it was announced, but that interview and seeing some of the preview ... made me feel a bit more enthused about it.

I do appreciate the mixing of StormWatch & Checkmate as a decent way to integrate it in, curious to see how it plays out.

I’ve been really looking forward to this book. Jonesing for some DCU espionage stuff.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

A friend of mine ran into Narcisse and... he is the kind of writer I support. I love Waller. I love the cover.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Read it, liked it, its a good start.

I enjoy a good espionage thriller, especially set to the backdrop of actual war events. Its like Metal Gear Solid but for superheroes.

Solid beginning. Again I’m not a huge Wildstorm guy so I don’t quite know Battalion’s deal, but taking the Wildstorm characters and setting them in the Cold War DCU seems a great way of honoring how Wildstorm is known for mixing superheroes with government conspiracies and geopolitics.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Interesting world.

I wonder how DeathStroke will lose his eye in this universe.

It was a good start. I would have loved to see more of the other Stormwatch members instead of just a simple cameo in one panel. But it was a good start.

Here's another interview, though it's only with Spencer Ackerman and two hours long -- https://www.blogtalkradio.com/graphi...c-comics-debut
    Last edited by Alkaeus; 03-29-2023 at 03:25 PM.
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

Incredible Member

This was the book I didn't know I needed. Fantastic start. Including a young Lois Lane was a great touch too. Young Amanda Waller still a cold, hard bastard of a woman, too. Great art, nice espionage story using superhumans and powers and actual geopolitical tensions and history among the backdrop of an 80s DCU. Seriously, major props to this book, and maybe this can be integrated into the DCU's history? The bit about Checkmate being the only national agency allowed to use metahumans and superpowers by their mandate is intriguing, and Lois pointing out that it was only a matter of time before a power hunger upstart used that mandate for less than savory and internationally reaching purposes is on-point. Yakarta Viene also hit hard considering what we know about US involvement in proxy wars during this time from since unclassified materials (though I think it was Yarkta YA Viene but it's cool, message still understood). Really cool and different book. Strongly recommend.

Ultimate Member

Was gonna ask if this was canon, then saw Black Label.