Default Animated Movie Wish List

Wishful thinking, but what are some Wonder Woman stories (or specific characters to get a story built around) that you'd like to see get adapted into animated movies?

- The Contest / The Challenge of Artemis
    Considering this was more or less Wonder Woman's equivalent to The Death/Return of Superman and Knightfall--where the hero is replaced by an edgier character and has to reclaim their title in some way--it's kind of funny (or a testament to how little attention Wonder Woman gets) that we've never seen anything close to this come up outside the original comic arc. Artemis herself has appeared here and there, but her defining story?
    Anyway, I think this would make a fun two-parter (I don't think it would work as one movie) with Part I being about Diana defending her title in a new Contest and losing, then Part II being about Artemis as Wonder Woman, while Diana continues to fight evil even though she's not Champion, culminating in the battle against the White Magician.
    I know some grate on the depiction of Hippolyta rigging the Contest and sending Artemis to her death, but I thought of a potential fix: when Diana discovers the truth of what's going on, it turns out Hippolyta is being manipulated by Phobos who playing on her fears.

- Cheetah
    Similar to Artemis and her Contest, it's kind of crazy we've seen Cheetah pop up in multiple animated adaptations but have yet to see a proper origin and "first battle" between her and Wonder Woman. Seems kind of obvious. Maybe this would've been the plan if they made a sequel to the 2009 movie, but...get on it, Warner.

- Curse of the Cheetah
    Continuing from there, the story of Sebastian Ballesteros stealing the Cheetah's curse for himself and Barbara trying to get it back with Diana caught in the middle would make a fun sequel to the previous Cheetah movie.

- The Witch on the Island
    Carrying on with giving Diana rogues proper introductions, why not an animated movie that gives Circe her due? Thus far, all we've ever seen of her is that god-awful JLU episode. You could expand the original Perez story that introduced her or base it on Phil Jimenez's arc with her (even though that tied into Ballesteros and Silver Swan and I'd rather Circe's first movie be focused on her).

- Villainy, Inc. and/or Queen Clea
    We sort of got one with Bloodlines, but that Villainy, Inc. just one sub-plot in a movie that was bloated with them. I'd like to see one where the rogues are the true focus, ideally with Queen Clea as the leader. Can look the Jimenez again for inspiration.
    Or just make a movie focused on Clea--that could work, too. Have Aquaman or Mera cameo.

- The Circle
    The original comic story was heavily tied into the continuity at the time (post Amazons Attack, Themyscira was empty except for Hippolyta, etc.), but the core premise of the story...an elite team of Amazons that tried to assassinate Diana when she was born escapes their prison and seeks to finish the job...could make for a cool and tense movie. Imagine if, rather than Diana going to Themyscira, the Circle escape and start hunting her in the city?

- The Challenge of the Gods
    Basic premise--Diana is charged by the gods to journey into the Underworld--but would make for a good movie.

- A League of One
    Even though this is technically a Justice League story, Diana is clearly at the center. She takes out the team, one by one, and then fights a big dragon. Sounds good--just cut that one line where she says she can never beat Superman.

- Golden Perfect
    I'm honestly 'meh' on this story, but it is one of the small few Justice League stories that centers on Diana.

- The Hiketeia and/or Gods of Gotham
    Hiketeia has become one of Diana's iconic stories and could make for a good animated movie. Just keep it away from Bruce Timm and his crew because they'll certainly alter the story so that Batman is indisputably right and Diana should've listened to him.
    Speaking Batman, Gods of Gotham would be fun if for no other reason than we see their respective families interact--Artemis and Huntress was a highlight in particular for me.
    Only reason I'm cold on these getting adapted is I'm so sick of Batman and don't want to see him anywhere near Wonder Woman.

- Rise of the Olympian
    You got the fight with Genocide and Zeus trying to replace Diana as the gods' Champion with Achilles. It's a decent premise with a big brutal fight at the center. Only concern is might seem redundant if they made a movie (or movies) out of the Contest and Artemis, and between the two, I'd rather the latter.

That's what I got. You?
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 03-24-2023 at 09:17 AM.

The Hiketeia

League of One (though I'd replace the League with the Amazons and other Wonder Woman characters)

My dream ideal Wonder Woman animated movie would be an adaptation of Historia but to keep with thee spirit of how each issue had a different artist with their own style each section of the movie that adapts the three books would have a different art style.

I definitely wouldn't want it done by the WB/DC's animation house though. Only time they tried a similar project like that was a Batman one and I wouldn't trust them with adapting the story.

For adaptations of specific WW works more in the wheelhouse of what we expect from DC animation;

Take and combine pieces of Perez's War of the Gods and the JLD "Witching Hour" storyline. Maybe replace the JLD with the regular JL league (keep Zatanna though) but would make a great Circe showcase.

I would say The Hiketeia but I also don't trust the people who run DC to have a movie where Batman is 100% in the wrong in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    That's what I got. You?
    While I'd like to see these stories adapted, I think most of them would work better in animated series, especially the Artemis arc.

I'd like a duology set in the Lynda Carter series continuity. The first one would be set in the 40's and feature her Golden Age villains. Perhaps a team-up between Dr Psycho, Cheetah, Giganta and Blue Snowman? The second one would be set in the 70's. Can't decide on the villains. Angle Man? Dr Cyber? Perhaps even someone obscure like Osira?

I also want some Elseworld stories adapted. Amazonia and Dead Earth are the most interesting conceptually, though the actual stories are not so great, so they would have to be changed significantly.

Wonder Woman '77
    A great opportunity to bring Lynda Carter back to the role for one last celebration for her era of Wonder Woman.

Villainy Inc.
    I mean, nobody should be surprised.

The Hiketeia
    I'm definitely against shoveling Batman into any WW projects, but this story arc is the one great, iconic storyline that I think could be very popular in the right hands.

The Legend of Wonder Woman
    I know DC isn't on great terms with Renae de Liz, but this story would make for a great animated movie.

Nubia & The Amazons
    While I really want to see more WW movies, we also need more Nubia love out there.

Wonder Woman Historia
    Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    League of One (though I'd replace the League with the Amazons and other Wonder Woman characters)
    I'm not against replacing the League with Wonder Woman characters. In fact, Golden Perfect might be improved doing that. But I wonder if League of One would be as effective if they were removed or replaced, since the key thing driving the plot is Diana trying to loophole the prophecy by making herself alone "The League."

I guess the prophecy could say "The Amazons will die fighting the dragon," but then Diana's somehow incapacitating all of Themyscira?
    ...which could interesting, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Take and combine pieces of Perez's War of the Gods and the JLD "Witching Hour" storyline. Maybe replace the JLD with the regular JL league (keep Zatanna though) but would make a great Circe showcase.
    That would be a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I also want some Elseworld stories adapted. Amazonia and Dead Earth are the most interesting conceptually, though the actual stories are not so great, so they would have to be changed significantly.
    Some of Diana's Elseworlds could be good, too, though she doesn't have as many. I agree about the ideas behind Amazonia and Dead Earth being good, but the adaptations might need to change in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Nubia & The Amazons
    While I really want to see more WW movies, we also need more Nubia love out there.
    Yes, we should get something that introduces Nubia, too. I like her current origin/status, but I would incorporate her Pre-Crisis backstory in some way. She doesn't need to have been kidnapped by Ares, but I'd try to have her initially a foe or antagonistic until she and Diana reconcile.

Some more:

- Donna Troy
    If someone can conjure a coherent story behind Donna, you could get a movie out of her introduction. Diana rescues this mysterious girl from a fire and takes her in, and it turns out there's some dark secret tied to the Titans that Diana must protect her from. Along the way, she becomes Wonder Girl?
    There's a movie there.

- Devastation
    As long as I mention the Titans, a movie revolving around the creation of Devastation and their attempt to tear Wonder Woman down.

I'm tempted to include Eyes of the Gorgon, but unfortunately one of the key parts of the story--Diana blinding herself to fight Medusa--was spent on Bloodlines.

Oh, yeah...and if they did adapt the Contest & Artemis saga--and it ends like the comic with Artemis dead--you could do a third where Diana has to venture into the underworld to save her soul. That's a trilogy right there.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 03-24-2023 at 12:43 PM.

Incredible Member

The Pandora Virus

Dr. Poison and Dr. Cyber would lead Villainy Inc which includes Blue Snowman, Silver Swan, Giganta, and Paula Von Gunther and Team SEAR

Children of the Gods meets 4 Horsewomen

I would combine these two storylines. Circe has gathered her four Horsewomen: Devastation, Genocide, Decay, Armagedon. She is targeting the children of the Gods for some nefarious plan. This would lead to the next movie.

Witching War
    Adaptation of the Justice League Dark storyline but with more Wonder Woman characters

Trial of the Amazons
    This is such a major moment in recent Wonder Woman history that I would adapt it, but I would make a lot of changes. Altuum, the survivor, would be the major villain, I would change the generic Chaos with Ares.

Dead Earth

The Earth One Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'm not against replacing the League with Wonder Woman characters. In fact, Golden Perfect might be improved doing that. But I wonder if League of One would be as effective if they were removed or replaced, since the key thing driving the plot is Diana trying to loophole the prophecy by making herself alone "The League."

I guess the prophecy could say "The Amazons will die fighting the dragon," but then Diana's somehow incapacitating all of Themyscira?
    ...which could interesting, too.
    Personally I'd limit it to Nubia, Donna, Artemis and some other non-Themysciran supporting cast. But yeah, a story about Diana trying to keep her close friends safe while facing a dragon could be good.

Also, I think Historia would work better as a miniseries.

- Donna Troy
    If someone can conjure a coherent story behind Donna, you could get a movie out of her introduction. Diana rescues this mysterious girl from a fire and takes her in, and it turns out there's some dark secret tied to the Titans that Diana must protect her from. Along the way, she becomes Wonder Girl?
    There's a movie there.
    In my view, a good Donna Troy story would a better take on Rey's story - you don't need to be born from special to achieve greatness.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-24-2023 at 02:16 PM.

I think I’d rather have all-new stories that really dig into Diana, Steve and Etta as adventurers and dig into her adversaries.

Introduce Villainy Inc. Do a story with Doctor Cyber. Tell a tale with Doctor Psycho.

That said, I think these stories could have some elements that could be adapted with changes for some Wonder films:

Wonder Woman: Judgement in Infinity, Countdown to Chaos and Seven Against Oblivion - Essentially the Adjudicator storyline. (Yes, Diana had her own Crisis and Anti-Monitor.) Could be fun to sub in her villains for the original heroes she has to team up with. Or pull multiple Wonder characters from other Earths (Superwoman, Wondrous Man, etc.) in a race against time to save their dimensions.

The Queen of Fables: Adapted the Justice League story. You could use the Justice League or adjust it to use Wonder characters.

Amazonia: Could be fun if you adjust the story in some ways. (I enjoy a period piece.)

Wonder Woman: The Witch and the Warrior. Lots of elements to play around with in this storyline.

Spectacular Member

I've always wanted them to do a Wonder Woman '77 feature with Lynda Carter like they did with Adam West's Batman before he passed.

I'm going to go a little more old school and suggest the Legend of Wonder Woman mini series from 1986 that filled in the gap between the end of the Pre-Crisis Bronze Age series and the beginning of George Perez's run. I don't mind if they darken it up a tad in making Queen Atomia more menacing and not using the annoying little girl character, but the overall story would be fun to see adapted!

I'm all for anything that gives us Perez's version and design of Circe!

Another "old-school" story would be the first Silver Swan story by Roy Thomas back in WW #288-290. It's the Helen Alexandros version of the Swan (the best one) and it also has Dr. Pscyho and Ares in there so you get three of Diana's "big bads" in one story.

Unfortunately, it seems that DC doesn't really pay much attention to the Pre-Crisis WW unless it's the Marston Golden Age stories or the "Mod" powerless Diana Prince era. We kinda got a Golden Age movie with the Justice Society movie from a couple of years ago. I think in one of the commentaries on there, the writer said he wanted to do a "Wonder Woman in the '40s" story and DC wanted him to include the JSA in it as well. I think a "Mod Diana Prince" movie would be fun. Sort of a female James Bond. Great way to bring in the original version of Doctor Cyber as well!

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    I've always wanted them to do a Wonder Woman '77 feature with Lynda Carter like they did with Adam West's Batman before he passed.

I'm going to go a little more old school and suggest the Legend of Wonder Woman mini series from 1986 that filled in the gap between the end of the Pre-Crisis Bronze Age series and the beginning of George Perez's run. I don't mind if they darken it up a tad in making Queen Atomia more menacing and not using the annoying little girl character, but the overall story would be fun to see adapted!

I'm all for anything that gives us Perez's version and design of Circe!

Another "old-school" story would be the first Silver Swan story by Roy Thomas back in WW #288-290. It's the Helen Alexandros version of the Swan (the best one) and it also has Dr. Pscyho and Ares in there so you get three of Diana's "big bads" in one story.

Unfortunately, it seems that DC doesn't really pay much attention to the Pre-Crisis WW unless it's the Marston Golden Age stories or the "Mod" powerless Diana Prince era. We kinda got a Golden Age movie with the Justice Society movie from a couple of years ago. I think in one of the commentaries on there, the writer said he wanted to do a "Wonder Woman in the '40s" story and DC wanted him to include the JSA in it as well. I think a "Mod Diana Prince" movie would be fun. Sort of a female James Bond. Great way to bring in the original version of Doctor Cyber as well!
    I could go for Wonder Woman ‘77 too… especially if they included 70s takes on more of her villains (like the did in the comic.)

Angle Man, Cheetah, Silver Swan, Circe, Doctor Psycho, Doctor Poison, Doctor Cyber, Zara (there were a lot of cults in the 70s), Giganta, Eviless, Mouse Man, Inversion, the Mask, Hercules and others could be fun through a 70s lens alongside the Skrill, Zardor and Gault.