Default John Wick Chapter 4 Spoilers

never seen an action movie like this, it took the raid and the first 3 movies and gave it steroids.
    -crazy to think how old Yen, Sanada and Reeves are to still be able to do these types of stunts. Meanwhile Skarsgard is like half their age and didn't have to do anything lol.
    -why tf did that nameless goatee guy have so much plot armor lol?!? i thought he died like 5 times.
    -When did their suits get laced with adamantium??
    -Charon's death, damn that hits different.
    -How did Yen's character know what his cards are?
    -Didn't think Winston would make it or patch things up with John so fast, but thats fine with me. Between him, the guy with the dog and Yen's character, and Common from the 2nd one, John had a real knack for avoiding killing his most interesting enemies.
    -Wait so is that tatttoo woman from the last movie... is she supposed to be John's cousin or something now?? That was the same character right?
    -I'm glad they didn't market this as the final part, i really thought John was in the clear
    5/5

Extraordinary Member

Heard large swaths of time go by where John is offscreen.

Bold move not having a final scene with him alive in Larry Fishburne’s basement or something, but I’m not buying it guys.

Anyway, this is superb.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Bold move not having a final scene with him alive in Larry Fishburne’s basement or something, but I’m not buying it guys.

Anyway, this is superb.
    Yeah when I looked up if this had a credits scene (you annoyingly have to look that up for high profile movies nowadays) and discovered it had one, my mind went places but it turned out it was not that at all.

Thumbs up all around, I hadn't been more excited about an action movie since first discovering Crank, admittedly this being way "classier".

I didn't like this one much sorry. I loved part 2 and part 3 though, I felt that there was more variety in the action in those ones.

In 4 Keanu was doing rolling on the ground move every 2 seconds, you can make a drinking game out of that, way too repetitive. Donnie Yen saved this movie.

And no the choreography of The Raid movies, and The Night Comes For Us is still better.

Extraordinary Member

I liked it. Probably more than the second or third because I honestly didn't care for a lot of the world-building in those (although the action was pretty decent). I'll always like scaled down action movies more, though, because (IMHO) the best things about these kinds of movies is how much you can do with so little.

My favorite scenes were at the Osaka hotel. Those just hit every action/martial arts beat for me. And it's not like I didn't like the rest, but from there it just kind of went downhill. Once it got past what I felt was the overly long staircase sequence, I really liked the way it was all concluded. It (again) made the whole thing just seem a lot more personal to me.

SPOILERS

I think one of the reasons I really liked this ending was because it seemed as if John had very little issue actually dying. His issue was that the last thing he was going to do was let his enemies win or leave any sort of unfinished business. Once he was sure he took care of everything he needed to take care of with The Table, he had little issue going out into that great beyond.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.