Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Uncanny Spider-man by Si Spurrier and Lee Garbett

Since 2019’s revolutionary HOUSE OF X and POWERS OF X series, mutantkind has experienced unparalleled growth and prosperity on the island nation Krakoa—but can it really last forever?

Following July’s X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1, mutantkind will enter a thrilling new era of uncertainty, danger, and mystery known as FALL OF X! As some of your favorite X-Men are crushed under the weight of this new age, one among them will "BAMF" his way into bright Super Hero stardom! Introducing Kurt Wagner, the UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN!

UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN will be a five-issue limited series written by mutant mastermind Si Spurrier, continuing his thought-provoking work in the Krakoan era after LEGION OF X and NIGHTCRAWLERS, and drawn by Lee Garbett, known for his breathtaking art on DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE. The heart of the X-Men, Kurt has always shined as one of the most heroic and daring mutants in the franchise. Now, as the darkness of FALL OF X overwhelms his fellow mutants, Nightcrawler will embrace a new role as a classic New York City-bamfing hero!

Escaping the turmoil of FALL OF X in a flash of smoke and brimstone, it’s time for Nightcrawler to play the swashbuckling, devil-may-care hero he was always destined to be! A potential new lover, battling some of the most iconic members of Spidey’s rogues gallery, and saving civilians, mutant and human alike—Kurt is having the time of his life! But it’s not all fun and games… Nightcrawler will also be a lone soldier on the frontlines of mutantkind’s upcoming war with Orchis. Throughout the saga, he’ll also confront a long-simmering mystery surrounding his mother, Mystique, as Spurrier’s bold transformation of the character approaches a startling climax!

“What we've got here is a spectacular new beginning - which, yes, is code for ‘perfect jumping-on point’ - which leans hard into heroic, joyful, street-level action,” Spurrier explained. “Writing Kurt has always been an exercise in heart. He was the first to feel the cracks in Krakoa... and the first to try and do something about it. Unfailingly loyal to his people, his friends and his responsibilities, he's gone through a lot. What's been missing for him is the joy. The freedom. The thrill. And that's where we find him now. In a restyled Spidey Suit, BAMFing across New York and rubbing shoulders (and butting heads) with the best heroes and villains of the Manhattan milieu...but of course it's not quite that simple. Is Nightcrawler really doing this for the thrill? Or is he hiding? Is it easier to put on a mask and punch some villains in the nose than it is to stare trauma in the eye...?

“For me this series is a dream come true. A chance to write what my various briefs have never before allowed: pure, joyful, bold, fun superheroic action. And thanks to Lee, it looks astonishing.”

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=209851611
    Last edited by Diammandis; 04-14-2023 at 10:15 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

I hope Kurt replaces Parker. I dont like what going on in Spiderman right now

I've been burnt by Spurrier twice before...but I really like how he describes Kurt here and I miss reading this character, so I'm willing to try again.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Go Kurt! This part sounds promising from Spurrier because I've missed Kurt's joy so much:

“What we've got here is a spectacular new beginning - which, yes, is code for ‘perfect jumping-on point’ - which leans hard into heroic, joyful, street-level action,” Spurrier explained. “Writing Kurt has always been an exercise in heart. He was the first to feel the cracks in Krakoa... and the first to try and do something about it. Unfailingly loyal to his people, his friends and his responsibilities, he's gone through a lot. What's been missing for him is the joy. The freedom. The thrill. And that's where we find him now. In a restyled Spidey Suit, BAMFing across New York and rubbing shoulders (and butting heads) with the best heroes and villains of the Manhattan milieu...but of course it's not quite that simple. Is Nightcrawler really doing this for the thrill? Or is he hiding? Is it easier to put on a mask and punch some villains in the nose than it is to stare trauma in the eye...?

So yeah this is going to address that Mystique mystery mentioned on that podcast. (Which by the way goes to show how far in advance they work because it was said that part of the story was coming at the end of the year.)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This just looks campy and fun and so comics in the best way. I'm excited!

That’s a killer new costume. A shame they seemed to have phones in the logo… ah well.

I love Spurrier's work on Krakoa books, I love Kurt and seeing him joyful, Mystique is a great character and Lee Garbett is excellent. I'm in.

Mighty Member

Kurt: it's like i'm wearing nothing at all

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This sounds fun. Not a big fan of how Spurrier writes Kurt generally but I like what he says here, and this sounds like the conclusion of his tenure on the character anyway so I'm happy for him to close the loop.

Bloop! This’ll be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBlackout View Post
    Attachment 130726

So...Uncanny Spider-Man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Maybe this from Timeless #1 (2022):

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

And another QC member bites the dust it seems, looks like the majority of the "heroic" members of the council are now headlining other books.
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

Since 2019’s revolutionary HOUSE OF X and POWERS OF X series, mutantkind has experienced unparalleled growth and prosperity on the island nation Krakoa—but can it really last forever?

Following July’s X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1, mutantkind will enter a thrilling new era of uncertainty, danger, and mystery known as FALL OF X! As some of your favorite X-Men are crushed under the weight of this new age, one among them will "BAMF" his way into bright Super Hero stardom! Introducing Kurt Wagner, the UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN!

UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN will be a five-issue limited series written by mutant mastermind Si Spurrier, continuing his thought-provoking work in the Krakoan era after LEGION OF X and NIGHTCRAWLERS, and drawn by Lee Garbett, known for his breathtaking art on DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE. The heart of the X-Men, Kurt has always shined as one of the most heroic and daring mutants in the franchise. Now, as the darkness of FALL OF X overwhelms his fellow mutants, Nightcrawler will embrace a new role as a classic New York City-bamfing hero!

Escaping the turmoil of FALL OF X in a flash of smoke and brimstone, it’s time for Nightcrawler to play the swashbuckling, devil-may-care hero he was always destined to be! A potential new lover, battling some of the most iconic members of Spidey’s rogues gallery, and saving civilians, mutant and human alike—Kurt is having the time of his life! But it’s not all fun and games… Nightcrawler will also be a lone soldier on the frontlines of mutantkind’s upcoming war with Orchis. Throughout the saga, he’ll also confront a long-simmering mystery surrounding his mother, Mystique, as Spurrier’s bold transformation of the character approaches a startling climax!

“For me this series is a dream come true. A chance to write what my various briefs have never before allowed: pure, joyful, bold, fun superheroic action. And thanks to Lee, it looks astonishing.”

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=209851611
    How are they going to be crushed under the weight of something they just dealt with three years ago in story time if we go by galas. lol Either way i'm interested enough to give this a look. That solicit does have me confused though so i do have to say, like Spurrier, your the one who put him through that ringer. That both confounds me but gives me hope.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-14-2023 at 10:25 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    How are they going to be crushed under the weight of something they just dealt with three years ago in story time if we go by galas. lol Either way i'm interested enough to give this a look. That solicit does have me confused though so i do have to say, like Spurrier, your the one who put him through that ringer. That both confounds me but gives me hope.
    It wouldn't have been 3 years, the wounds from Orchis and Fall of X would be very fresh still.
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    And another QC member bites the dust it seems, looks like the majority of the "heroic" members of the council are now headlining other books.
    if charle remains the only member of quiet council i wonder where the others are, especially emma i find it hard to believe that she would leave krakoa leaving the civilians and children alone.

Colossus is with x-force, kitty x-men, kurt in spidey, storm on arakko, mystique with destiny somewhere but the others hope, exodus or sebastian???

IMO the best stuff in Spurrier’s Krakoa era work has been the stuff going on around Kurt, so idk about him moving to a solo title.