Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    I'll take an 8, the hungriest number
    8. Com-rod-airy: A staff made of many different metals, with sigils engraved near the top. When the user holds the staff up, into the air, they can establish a mental, telepathic communication link with anyone of their choosing. Of course, the other person has a right to try and ‘hang up’ as in break the connection. Can also send out broadcast messages, loud enough to distract those who are on the receiving end. If used for too long a period of time, can electrify the air and cause minor atmospheric disturbances.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-27-2023 at 03:35 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Numbers 4, 8, and 12 remain unclaimed.
    That leaves two, numbers 4 and 12.

I pick . . .

Twelve!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I pick . . .

Twelve!
    12. High-Strung Instrument: An antique, guitar like musical instrument that, when played the right way, emits a sound at a high enough decibel to potentially cause hearing loss, pain, bleeding from the ears, or even affect the heart for those who have a risk factor for heart issues. The user is immune from it’s effects. No musical talent required.

That leaves two, numbers 4 and 12.
    One Object left, Number 4.

Extraordinary Member

One Object left, Number 4.
    I'll pick that then.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

11. Nagingata: A Japanese Pole and Blade weapon that encourages (nags) the user to train harder and become a stronger, better fighter, and in exchange it mirrors the user’s abilities. The stronger, the better the user gets, the stronger and better the weapon becomes. If the user manages to reach a near peak level of ability on their own, it will unlock the weapon’s hidden ability. The ability to grant the user the ability to shadow-step, to appear to be in multiple places at once.
    Perfect! a 2-fer. I get a great weapon and a side character. Those Side Character/Trainers are always mean nags that harrass and abuse the player. Balances off the strong silent type.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

12. High-Strung Instrument: An antique, guitar like musical instrument that, when played the right way, emits a sound at a high enough decibel to potentially cause hearing loss, pain, bleeding from the ears, or even affect the heart for those who have a risk factor for heart issues. The user is immune from it’s effects. No musical talent required.
    Time to take this show on the road and start a World Tour of all capitol cities I can get to with a visually harmless instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Number 002 please. Thank you!
    2. Engagement Rings: A set of 4 rings that, when worn on a person’s Dominant Hand (one ring per finger), grants the wearer the ability to perfect counter-attack, and when worn on the opposite hand grants the wearer the ability of perfect defense. The rings must be worn on the same hand and they only activate at the moment of engagement in a fight or other similar conflict.
    Had I come upon this power in my youth, I would have used it to become an Olympic-level fencing champion.

As it is, I wear the rings on my off-hand and maintain a "perfect defense" at all times. Because why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'll pick that then.
    4. Comp-troller: A small, tablet sized computer like device that floods the internet or any networked computer system with the irrational, the illogical, the nasty, or the just plain crazy. If it continues for a long enough amount of time, it could cause a system-wide crash. Even AI are vulnerable.

And don't forget to check out the third thread in this Strange Series.

I did it in an a joking manner, but seriously if you want to try out your new abilities, feel free to do your own write up.

And thank you everyone for participating.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-28-2023 at 05:04 PM.