Default Anyone have success with Intermittent Fasting?

Anyone try intermittent fasting to lose weight? Did it work for anyone? It seems simple enough to follow and stick to, but also seems that its pretty easy to abuse it during the window you're allow to eat.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Let's say it helped me not gain too much weight during times when I could not exercise much for health reasons.

When I combine it with "healthy eating 6 days a week and one cheat day", I lose about 2 pounds a week with it.

I've trained MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) for about 12 years now and a lot of my training partners (some are professional fighters) do intermittent fasting of different sorts, as it's supposedly good for cardio, weight loss and pre fight weigh-ins. I've dabbled in it but I just felt incredibly weak during training sessions so it's not for me. But I wasn't trying to lose weight or anything like that.

If you have Disney+ I recommend watching Limitless with Chris Hemsworth. In one of the episodes he does a 4-day fasting experiment in a bid to "stay young". It's quite brutal.

If you want to lose weight, just try to eat right and do some regular exercise, even if it's walking some kms at a quick pace. If you want to try intermittent fasting programs it's probably wise to check with a doctor first.

Intermittent fasting being only eating during a 6-8 hour period of the day and fasting the other 16-18 hours.
    I’ve been doing it for approximately a year now with moderate success. The key is to also limit the number of calories taken in during the consumption period. I have problems with that part.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Intermittent fasting being only eating during a 6-8 hour period of the day and fasting the other 16-18 hours.
    I’ve been doing it for approximately a year now with moderate success. The key is to also limit the number of calories taken in during the consumption period. I have problems with that part.
    I was reading the other day about Ramadan here in the UK. Muslims fast during the hours with light/sun but data from previous years shows that most Muslims actually put on weight during Ramadan because the moment they can break the fast they ingest enormous amounts of calories very quickly.