Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The junior Super foes, (in BOTH incarnations) are just regular teens who got recruited by villains to be cannon fodder lackeys. Version 1 was sidekicks of Cheetah(Priscilla Rich), the Human flying Fish(I have no idea who he is either), Penguin, Toyman, and Posion Ivy(back when Ivy used gadgets to manipulate plants). So they're teens with no actual powers training to become sidekicks of villains who mostly use martial arts skills and gadgets to fight.

The new version makes them all Batman villain wannabes and not actual sidekicks. Still has Penguin and Poison Ivy, but replaces Cheetah with Catwoman(still has Kitten who looks the same though), and the Toyman and Flying fish with TWO Joker wannabes. Then they go and fight the robins... who beat them way too easily TBH... given that this version uses some sort of nanotech derived from Batman computer data to make them able to fight like the criminals they want to imitate.
    LOL! Sounds eerily similar to Prometheus

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

SO many!!

Timber Wolf
    Obsidian
    Chronos (Walker Gabriel)
    Jack O Lantern
    The Ray
    Folded Man
    Double Down
    Chyre & Morillo
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Double post....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The junior Super foes, (in BOTH incarnations) are just regular teens who got recruited by villains to be cannon fodder lackeys. Version 1 was sidekicks of Cheetah(Priscilla Rich), the Human flying Fish(I have no idea who he is either), Penguin, Toyman, and Posion Ivy(back when Ivy used gadgets to manipulate plants). So they're teens with no actual powers training to become sidekicks of villains who mostly use martial arts skills and gadgets to fight.

The new version makes them all Batman villain wannabes and not actual sidekicks. Still has Penguin and Poison Ivy, but replaces Cheetah with Catwoman(still has Kitten who looks the same though), and the Toyman and Flying fish with TWO Joker wannabes. Then they go and fight the robins... who beat them way too easily TBH... given that this version uses some sort of nanotech derived from Batman computer data to make them able to fight like the criminals they want to imitate.
    Oh ok. I feel like they could be Punchline analogues for other villians. They could form a Young Injustice League.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Sounds eerily similar to Prometheus

They could be his attempt at training the next generation.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-30-2023 at 02:48 AM.

Kishana Lewis

Dragonsword

Rush
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 04-14-2023 at 04:55 PM.

Sonik

Conjura

Shadowdragon
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 04-14-2023 at 05:16 PM.

Mighty Member

and how about SUPPORTING characters?

Just finished a 60's flash book. Dr Summers was an old college buddy of Barry Allen and a love rival for Iris. has he been seen lately?

Impulse had a good supporting cast as well : Max, Helen, Carol, Preston, evil eye and many others...

I’d like to see a version of the Creeper that is close to the original take get a mini series treatment.
    Ditto the original Black Orchid that started in Adventure Comics!

Mighty Member

The first Teen Titans for:. The Separated Man!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I’d like to see a version of the Creeper that is close to the original take get a mini series treatment.
    This! Her character was so cool and mysterious (part of why she was cool) and with such a unique design. I enjoyed what Gaiman did to and for the character, but that wasn't The Black Orchid. Likewise, the New 52 character was also a cool character, but still not quite the original.

Speaking of missing female characters I would love to see the return of The Tomorrow Woman! There's been no mention of her since the reboot, she died in her original story, but came back in Busiek's Trinity series and then nothing. A cool design, a unique power for DC characters and an interesting premise.
    Another such character was Faith from Joe Kelly's run on the JLA (and Byrne's Doom Patrol.) She would be interesting to see fleshed out a little more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely, my choice would be...

Young Heroes in Love

I always felt that the concept for this was good, but they should have played more as a superhero team book with an appropriate team title -- not 'Young Heroes in Love'. That was just bound to turn off a large segment of the audience.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Yep. Two great characters that may have strayed a bit too far beyond the original concept.

I'd add Rose & the Thorn -- another character that was never as interesting outside of her original backup series in Lois Lane. Some modern writers (including Neil Gaiman on Black Orchid) can't help but add their own spin -- and it's not always for the best.

Wow! Lonewolf, you are SCHOOLING ME!!!!!!! I will be looking these up and getting acquainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Wow! Lonewolf, you are SCHOOLING ME!!!!!!! I will be looking these up and getting acquainted!
    Thanks!

Black Thorn

Frostbite (Kari Nansen) - sister of Icemaiden

Osprey
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 04-14-2023 at 05:25 PM.

Wow ... So, I'm thinking that if you create a character that caters to current design trends, they're destined to fall into obscurity.