Default Thanos with IG vs Legion

MCU's Thanos has the full IG and decides to challenge FX's David Haller.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Technically a quickdraw.

Thanos has to close his hand to make his powers go while David just has to think. Even with the Mind Stone, Thanos doesn't have feats of psychic resistance for a being on David's level so he gets reduced to a drooling vegetable pretty instantly I would think.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Technically a quickdraw.

Thanos has to close his hand to make his powers go while David just has to think. Even with the Mind Stone, Thanos doesn't have feats of psychic resistance for a being on David's level so he gets reduced to a drooling vegetable pretty instantly I would think.
    How did Thanos handle Mantis again? Her mind whammy worked decently on a living planet, and I vaguely recall Thanos handling it about as well as Ego did if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    How did Thanos handle Mantis again? Her mind whammy worked decently on a living planet, and I vaguely recall Thanos handling it about as well as Ego did if not better.
    It's kind of weird, he was still notionally moving and resisting and able to talk, albeit incoherently, to Starlord but was definitely still more docile. So it's not like he was KO'd but not like he resisted it either.

David has much higher and more technically advanced feats of telepathy to his name, I don't think kind of resisting Mantis is enough to play in his league.

This fun scene has David taking a blunt approach to getting around someone with psychic defences:

Timestamp like 1:00 onwards for the feat in question, but also there's feats of David dusting people with thoughts and gestures, teleportation and suchlike in the video.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-29-2023 at 08:41 AM.

Or for another example David's psychic chops, here he is dealing with psychic delusion monster that was trapping people in inescapable psychic prisons made of their own desires and fears.

David was also capable of invading into and breaking people out of their delusions, he's pretty up there.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

IMO both Legion and the Shadow King have the best Live Action Telepathy feats with Apocalypse coming in close behind them and Phoenix/Professor X rounding out the list.

The Mind Stone did show great range with Loki instantly crossing the Galaxy in Astral form and talking to a Thanos minion, when Loki himself hasn't shown any Telepathy feats at all via magic or otherwise.

But I still give the fight to David hands down. He has bullet timed against handguns, shotguns, and Assault Rifles so he will be quicker on the draw, and even if speed was equalized he has far more actual telepathic battle experience and the raw power to beat the Titan.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Ego was capable of forcibly planting images into Starlords brain. Even the threat of his friends dying didnt shake Quill free. Only the realization of his mothers murder. So Ego has *some* telepathy of his own plus generally operates on a wide scale due to his unique biology and structure.

Mantis completely KO'd Ego and had him fully subdued until she herself was injured and incapacitated. Thanos was MUCH more difficult to restrain. It was heavily implied that she alone would not be enough and that if the combined efforts of a gravity trap, Drax, Strange, Peter and Tony had not also been in play, he would have swiftly defeated her and peeled her off of him. This was before he had the mind stone.

I have no idea how powerful David is and cant watch the posted videos at the moment. Just giving my interpretation of MCU context. Could Thanos conceivably hold out for a split second or two to manage an enormous moon shattering blast or something?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ego was capable of forcibly planting images into Starlords brain. Even the threat of his friends dying didnt shake Quill free. Only the realization of his mothers murder. So Ego has *some* telepathy of his own plus generally operates on a wide scale due to his unique biology and structure.

Mantis completely KO'd Ego and had him fully subdued until she herself was injured and incapacitated. Thanos was MUCH more difficult to restrain. It was heavily implied that she alone would not be enough and that if the combined efforts of a gravity trap, Drax, Strange, Peter and Tony had not also been in play, he would have swiftly defeated her and peeled her off of him. This was before he had the mind stone.

I have no idea how powerful David is and cant watch the posted videos at the moment. Just giving my interpretation of MCU context. Could Thanos conceivably hold out for a split second or two to manage an enormous moon shattering blast or something?
    As I said in my opening post, David just needs to think while Thanos has to close his hand. Psychic power is his strongest suit but is also more than capable of turning people into mist by thinking it, transmuting objects or teleporting/telefragging people.

He's got normalish human reaction time, there are some very weird feats that technically constitute speed feats but, like most things in Legion, it's a bit hard to say. Even then, Thanos has to think and close his hand to make his gauntlet go, that should be more than enough for David to just think long enough to disassemble Thanos' brain. The psychic stuff is just his strongest stuff and Mantis is frankly an amateur compared to him in terms of power and finesse.

If Thanos gets a shot off then David is going to die. He has an ostensibly human physiology and was killed in one timeline by a shotgun blast to the chest that he didn't see coming.

Astonishing Member

Thanos was a pretty durable dude, shrugging off a beatdown from the Hulk and still able to function enough to pull off a snap with Stormbreaker in his chest. I don't think Dave's going to be able to disintegrate him as easily as he did folks in Legion, who for the most part had normal human durability.

...Telepathy's another matter though, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Thanos was a pretty durable dude, shrugging off a beatdown from the Hulk and still able to function enough to pull off a snap with Stormbreaker in his chest. I don't think Dave's going to be able to disintegrate him as easily as he did folks in Legion, who for the most part had normal human durability.

...Telepathy's another matter though, yeah.
    It's not just disintegration mind, it's also transmutation. David could just turn Thanos' brain into an egg and MCU Thanos doesn't have the transmutation resistance feats of his 616 counterpart that I recall.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I think David could just teleport the gauntlet off, anyway. Would bypass the durability and resistance topic.

Having had a chance to look over David more closely, yeah im 100% in agreement with Nik here.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure