Astonishing Member

Default Sabretooth and Exiles 5 Finale Review/Spoilers.

I made this thread because its a great series, and its nice to see that Graydon didn't killed all the Victor variants as he said he did as we see 3 variants that helped our Sabretooth.(including a Captain America Sabretooth), I like the resolution of with the Exiles and the saved mutants. even in addition to the mutant babies being saved and now raised by Nanny. This series been solid, so far, teaser for another series athough the ending has Victor with the other Creed variants mention a old friend birthday coming up and to raised some hell then.(any Logan Creed fan should know what that means).

Regrettably this was my least favorite out of the ten issues LaValle has put out. I think this issue could have spent more time with the Exiles as this entire series has been running heavily with the private prisons + medical malpractice commentary and that got very little page time this issue. The stuff with Grayden and the other Creeds was interesting, but I think should have been the B-plot and more of a lead into the next series. Speaking of which I am still SUPER excited for the next series from LaValle. There's a ton of directions that this can go with Nanny haven stolen the babies, the Maroons, and the Sabretooth finally returning to his former glory with his variants by his side. I'm hoping that they've been waiting to announce this final mini-series because it's going to tie heavily into the Fall of X, because LaValle deserves to play in the main X-Office playground and the Sabretooth War seems like it could have line wide ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Regrettably this was my least favorite out of the ten issues LaValle has put out. I think this issue could have spent more time with the Exiles as this entire series has been running heavily with the private prisons + medical malpractice commentary and that got very little page time this issue. The stuff with Grayden and the other Creeds was interesting, but I think should have been the B-plot and more of a lead into the next series. Speaking of which I am still SUPER excited for the next series from LaValle. There's a ton of directions that this can go with Nanny haven stolen the babies, the Maroons, and the Sabretooth finally returning to his former glory with his variants by his side. I'm hoping that they've been waiting to announce this final mini-series because it's going to tie heavily into the Fall of X, because LaValle deserves to play in the main X-Office playground and the Sabretooth War seems like it could have line wide ramifications.
    Same. I want more of "The Exiles" than I do Sabretooth.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I'm guessing the next miniseries will be called "War"...

I didn't realize the Creation was a woman till now.

I'm curious how Nanny's new kids will play out.

The Sabretooth Variants were pretty fun. They feel like a better version of Miles and Gwen's recent miniseries.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-29-2023 at 09:19 AM.

As a lowkey Nanny fan it was nice to see her get a moment of glory and a nice power signature. If she's not in the next series I'm hoping she lands in another ongoing.

I agree with Kingdom X, I do wish we saw the Exiles more. But I think what's coming with Sabretooth is going to be wild and I also hope it wraps into Fall of X.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I don't know how to feel about the team of Sabretooths. Maybe I'm suffering Multiverse fatigue.

But the story is a lot of fun, I like how the Exiles can never trust each other and to have a mainstream comicbook where you can't clearly see where things are heading is always welcomed.

It's nice to have thought bubbles back, narration boxes should never have replaced them.

I still think Victor LaValle knows how to build a miniseries, but has trouble with the pacing towards the end. I hope the endgame will be the exception (this is supposed to be a trilogy, right?). Leonard Kirk is a solid penciller and I always enjoy his work, and it goes really well with Rain Beredo's colors.
    Last edited by Chubistian; 03-29-2023 at 09:05 AM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member

oh the multiple sabretooths are the reason logan is on the run in fall of x. i guess that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I don't know how to feel about the team of Sabretooths. Maybe I'm suffering Multiverse fatigue.

But the story is a lot of fun, I like how the Exiles can never trust each other and to have a mainstream comicbook where you can't clearly see where things are heading is always welcomed.

It's nice to have thought bubbles back, narration boxes should never have replaced them.

I still think Victor LaValle knows how to build a miniseries, but has trouble with the pacing towards the end. I hope the endgame will be the exception (this is supposed to be a trilogy, right?). Leonard Kirk is a solid penciller and I always enjoy his work, and it goes really well with Rain Beredo's colors.
    Yeah so far the final issues of each mini have more so acted as set up and preview for what’s coming next. Which in some ways is fine because we’ve known that this story is 3 parts from the start. That does beg the question of why they felt the need to split it up in three series instead of doing one 15 issue long series.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    oh the multiple sabretooths are the reason logan is on the run in fall of x. i guess that makes sense.
    Yeah, I'm wondering if this is going to head into Percy's Wolverine story or if LaValle is going to get another Exiles mini out of it, but it feels like this should impact Logan's series unless it's a completely separated plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah so far the final issues of each mini have more so acted as set up and preview for what’s coming next. Which in some ways is fine because we’ve known that this story is 3 parts from the start. That does beg the question of why they felt the need to split it up in three series instead of doing one 15 issue long series.
    Probably to boost sales.

May I please have some more? This series was delicious. The writer and artist are extraordinary!
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions