Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Looks like this event might be line-wide. I hope Hickman's new hierarchy ends up being interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    New article on the Marvel site is up
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=216108430

Who are the G.O.D.S.? This fall, readers will find out in a revolutionary series by Jonathan Hickman and Valerio Schiti. Announced back in March, G.O.D.S. will see two of the industry’s greatest modern visionaries dramatically redefine Marvel’s pantheon of cosmic beings and masterfully deconstruct the forces behind reality. The breathtaking new saga will introduce a host of new characters—all players in a secret conflict at the crossroads of science and magic!

Heralding their debut, a new line of variant covers this August will spotlight some of the core cast as they team up with heroes and villains from throughout the Marvel Universe. This past weekend, fans met Wyn in FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: AVENGERS/X-MEN #1, and these new variant covers provide a first look at the likes of Aiko Maki, Dmitri, Cubisk Core, and Mia. From powerful mystics to daring scientists, these are agents of THE POWERS THAT BE and THE NATURAL ORDER OF THINGS and servants to the very building blocks of creation. They may be new to readers but they’ve been scheming and clashing with each other for eons in the shadows.

The G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVERS will adorn nine issues that each contain a bonus story page written by Hickman that explore just how these characters move throughout the Marvel Universe and how they interact with its iconic inhabitants like Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Scarlet Witch, and more. In addition, some of the cast of G.O.D.S. will attend mutantkind’s biggest night and witness the beginning of the FALL OF X in July’s X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1!

Here are the characters spotlighted in the variant covers and bonus pages:

Wyn, a powerful magic expert who’s operated in secret for thousands of years and is now forced to come out of the shadows.
    Aiko Maki, a high-ranking agent brutally loyal to the ways of science and willing to do anything to keep the building blocks of creation in balance.
    Dmitri the Science Boy, Wyn’s reckless partner who has a secret mission of his own to discover the dark truth of his past.
    Mia the Magic Girl, a young sorcerer struggling to achieve her full potential.
    Cubisk Core, a mysterious being of pure corruption seeking to shatter the existing systems.
    And more!

“When I came back to Marvel a few years ago, I wrote two series bibles. The first was HOUSE OF X and the other one was G.O.D.S.,” Hickman explained. “To say that I’m excited to finally be able to share this story with everyone is a massive understatement. G.O.D.S. takes place in its own special corner of the Marvel Universe -- in the cracks that lie at the intersection of science and magic -- and revisits some characters and concepts that we’ve reimagined for a more modern, continuity-driven audience.

On Sale 8/2
    DOCTOR STRANGE #6 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY EMA LUPACCHINO
    FANTASTIC FOUR #10 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    MOON KNIGHT #26 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY SALVADOR LARROCA
    SCARLET WITCH #7 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY LUCAS WERNECK

On Sale 8/9
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #5 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK

On Sale 8/16
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #1 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY GREG LAND

On Sale 8/23
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #32 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY ADAM KUBERT
    IMMORTAL THOR #1 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY BRYAN HITCH
    VENOM #24 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY JAN BAZALDUA

Check out seven of the G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVERS now and stay tuned for more news about G.O.D.S. in the months ahead.

The new characters caught my interest. I'm looking forward to meeting them.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-25-2023 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

7 new characters and not one black man. Yeah i'm good.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-24-2023 at 01:11 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It looks interesting, but I guess I'm not sure what the point is? Other than new characters who may or may not catch on? I'm not really sure if they'll have a place in the MU.

Aiko is quite the stunner though and Mia looks cute.

I would be more interested if Hickman was the kind of writer who builds from previous continuity.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks interesting, but I guess I'm not sure what the point is? Other than new characters who may or may not catch on? I'm not really sure if they'll have a place in the MU.

That could be it. Hickman to create a new part of the MU to explore. With House of X Hickman created a new status quo for the X-books so maybe that would also happen after the end of this miniseries?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-25-2023 at 12:15 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Do we know when the GODS Hickman/Schiti title #1 will be released?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-26-2023 at 12:36 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Do we know when the GODS Hickman/Schiti title #1 will be released?
    September 6th

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/4049113/gods-1

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    That was user submitted back in March. Without another source I would not bet money on that.

On one hand the characters appearing in the Hellfire Gala and the variants being in August that it feels like September is likely, the announcement says Fall 2023 and I do not know what Marvel considers to be fall. It would be interesting if this is something Hickman can persuade Marvel to keep as much unspoiled as possible.

Incredible Member

I'll give it a shot but I fully expect these characters will be forgotten about after Hickman has told his story and future writers will refuse to build upon whatever work he's done with them.

Astonishing Member

Good point. Look at the all the new characters he introduced in his SHIELD minis or his Avengers run. Leonid, Michelangelo, Nightmachine, Captain Universe, Hyperion, Nightmask and poor Starbrand. Other than the Black Order, I think his record for creating enduring characters is pretty mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Good point. Look at the all the new characters he introduced in his SHIELD minis or his Avengers run. Leonid, Michelangelo, Nightmachine, Captain Universe, Hyperion, Nightmask and poor Starbrand. Other than the Black Order, I think his record for creating enduring characters is pretty mixed.
    I'd say his record for creating characters is worse than that. Four of the names you just mentioned are re-inventions of existing characters, one is a historical figure, and I don't even REMEMBER Leonid.

I have to confess, the character descriptions and designs have lessened my interest, as four of them simply mix & match old/young, male/female, and science/magic, while their depictions are so generic, they could be anyone. (Remember how many people thought Wyn was an AU Strange?)

If Hickman really wants to write "Marvel's Sandman", he's going to gave to put in more effort than "immortal magician we've never heard of battles a science-based character who is likewise unknown".

Well we have to see how he chooses to structure his story. Obviously there will be focus on his OC characters but how heavily the rest of the Marvel Universe will be involved we don't know. At least the current marketing uses big characters from the MU for promotion.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I love Hickman, but man… another group of characters with mostly odd names I’ll never remember. I still don’t remember the names of the Black Order characters or most of the Arakki he introduced. Unfortunately, these characters will probably end up being remembered as much as the Exemplars (and Octessence) in ten years.

Still looking forward to checking this out..

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That was user submitted back in March. Without another source I would not bet money on that.

On one hand the characters appearing in the Hellfire Gala and the variants being in August that it feels like September is likely, the announcement says Fall 2023 and I do not know what Marvel considers to be fall. It would be interesting if this is something Hickman can persuade Marvel to keep as much unspoiled as possible.
    I didn't know you can have user submitted, well let's see when it comes out

hopefully sooner than later