Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    There is a multipage glossary of terminology in the first issue to explain everything. They already posted the first page on the Marvel site: https://cdn.marvel.com/content/1x/go...dia_teaser.jpg

Together with the blurb on the article, it gives us a general view of the plot/characters.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ia-definitions
    this looks insufferable.

and this comes from a huge Hickman fanboy.

I feel like he took all the wrong ideas of HOX/POX and turned it up to the nth level.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I would’ve thought that the response would be been more positive for a Hickman book, but I guess that’s the cycle of the creator. Either way Im pumped for this. Hickmans SHIELD was one of my favorite more recent stories and that was with mostly original characters. Haven’t been following the promo but I don’t really need too, I’m in for the ride.
    Hickman’s always been hit or miss for me. This feels like a miss right now. But if the reviews are stellar…
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Hickman’s always been hit or miss for me. This feels like a miss right now. But if the reviews are stellar…
    Are there any pre-reviews out or like anyone besides marvel gassing it creator wise? Like it looks awesome but I'm really on the fence of supporting it.

This whole Avatar thing reminds me of what Quasar and Mar-vell had going with Eon. Also Maelstrom and Oblivion. Oblivion was mentioned as one of the abstracts set to be redesigned, I wonder If Maelstrom will still be his guy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The era of the X-Men by Hickman brought me back to comics after a long hiatus. It's probably one of the most intriguing periods for mutants. The real issue is that there are few authors (except for Ewing or Gillen) who measure up, and, above all, there are too many titles. There should only be three X-Men titles.
    And even though Ultimate Invasion is disappointing, I believe in Hickman. He's one of the few authors with a genuine vision who hasn't let me down at Marvel. Even when he fails, it's interesting.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I think what has tainted peoples opinions on Hickman is that he was unable to se his X-Men story through to the end.

I think he’s a fantastic writer. Even his weaker stuff is better than at least half the other things on the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I think what has tainted peoples opinions on Hickman is that he was unable to se his X-Men story through to the end.

I think he’s a fantastic writer. Even his weaker stuff is better than at least half the other things on the stands.
    That and Ultimate Invasion is his weakest Marvel book. Started very strong with issue 1 and is just half heartedly chugging along since.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm probably going to be in the minority on this and I am sure the art has a lot to do with it but I actually really liked this first issue.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm probably going to be in the minority on this and I am sure the art has a lot to do with it but I actually really liked this first issue.
    I liked it too but I was rooting for it for a long time. I thought the plot and characters were fine.

However I thought it might've been better as a creator own comic. The Marvel appearances don't feel like they add much to me. So that could be a concern for some fans.

It is pricey but I feel it does give you more story content. I'm just unsure if it's 9 dollars worth. Maybe 5.99 or 6.99?

For 9.99 you could get a trade so it would've been better to put out a graphic novel than singles.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-04-2023 at 03:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

Another masterpiece comic. Based Hickman working the marks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post

I read it Saturday and I liked it too. I thought the way the big bad was ultimately dealt with via swapping items with the Elders of the Universe was kind of too convenient but it was a chance to see some of the redesigns for some of the cosmic characters I guess.

Also for this issue I don't think we can accuse Hickman's characters of being emotionless at least with Wynn and his ex imho

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I was initially interested but now...not so much, and certainly not at that price point. I don't live in the US and when I convert $10.00 plus taxes that's a lot more than I want to spend.
    Yeah, in Canada an American $4.99 is $5.49 CAD or so.$9.99 is over $10.00 CAD.

For that price, the title has to be jumbo sized or something. When I say jumbo sized, I mean really really big.

There are novels with hundreds of pages that cost less tha $10.00 CAD.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-04-2023 at 12:37 PM.

Incredible Member

Issue 1 was fine. Don't think it was worth $10 and I'm not sure if I'll continue with the further adventures of aloof Dr. Strange and reader-proxy dumb Wong. This issue didn't set up any overall conflict that one would need to tune in for the next issue either, nor did I see anything here that couldn't have been told with regular Strange/Wong/Clea.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I really enjoyed this, surprisingly.

I can see the reservations people have - and I kind of agree this maybe could’ve just been told with Dr Strange, but I’m willing to give it a shot.