Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Lets go!!!

Astonishing Member

I liked Ewings take, shame it was undone.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm fucking testes-deep, in!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Hard pass for me. The higher-plane cosmic storylines of Marvel have always been the least interesting to me, and I've always found Hickman's work to be far too sterile and cold, as if he puts all the passion into the elaborate hierarchal structures and tiered breakdowns that accompany every book he does, rather than the actual characters. It's like reading a spiral notebook filled with D&D campaign locations designed on graph paper.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

If this is 9 bucks an issue, I'm trading waiting this too. I love Hickman and Schitti, but I've got to draw the line somewhere.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    If this is 9 bucks an issue, I'm trading waiting this too. I love Hickman and Schitti, but I've got to draw the line somewhere.
    do we know if it is a mini or an ongoing?

I can't imagine an ongoing being 9 bucks, but a mini it will totally be 9 bucks because Marvel already made the precedent

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    do we know if it is a mini or an ongoing?

I can't imagine an ongoing being 9 bucks, but a mini it will totally be 9 bucks because Marvel already made the precedent
    I'm willing to bet it will be a mini, like HoxPox were. I'd guess it was going to be at least 6, but it could more, maybe even 12 issues, since it's such a big subject and task.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I have the feeling than this is going to be a series specifiacally created to be a soon to developt propierty for the MCU.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I have the feeling than this is going to be a series specifiacally created to be a soon to developt propierty for the MCU.
    Feige does love Hickman. I'm surprised Hickman hasn't pitched himself as script writer or concept consultant for Feige. He'd certainly be paid much better.

Wonder what the new monochromatic character will look like.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Considering the Eternals and their push turned into a bust, I wonder if this is to make up for that?

I’ll pick this up.

I think Hickman does Marvel cosmic very well.

My issues with Hickman are that he doesn’t handle the personalities in his writing well. His characters don’t seem to be the characters we have known. It’s not a matter of not allowing the characters to grow, but instead they just don’t act like who and what they were, at all.

I do like what he’s done with some, not all, some villains, even though those were also big changes in characterizations. I also like his original characters, particularly the bad guys. Orchis is great!

The second issue I have with Hickman is I don’t think he does endings very well. He often wraps it up with some dumb deus ex machina, instead of something meaningful. It is comics, and that’s to be expected to some extent. I once heard Tom Wolfe say he found writing a proper ending to be the hardest thing about writing. I suspect that might be true of Hickman as well.

I will get this series. I don’t mean to sound like I dislike Hickman. I like him a lot as a writer. He’s one of the best working for Marvel these days. I just find there’s some things he excels at and in other things I think he is a little weak. Writing a big cosmic book will play to his strengths, I think.
    Last edited by Brian B; 03-31-2023 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering the Eternals and their push turned into a bust, I wonder if this is to make up for that?
    Could be. I didn't know than the Eternals busted. Didn't they have a sequel in the works?
    But if Eternals busted, that would be two franchises burned out withthe common of the "super-race".
    Why create another and not go with the most successful one already?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 03-31-2023 at 07:42 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I liked Ewings take, shame it was undone.
    Agreed. I like what Ewing has done with cosmic Marvel and I hope (though doubt) that Hickman will take it into account.

It's cool to see a new IP from Marvel. I'm hoping Ewing and McKay get to use them after Hickman.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-31-2023 at 08:44 PM.