Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Moderate..." Secret Warriors spoilers...

spoilers:
    I take it "Vague..." is leaving it up in the air that Pierce's "Black" team was clearly alive and well at the end of issue twenty-eight?
    end of spoilers
    Huh. Never noticed that.

Frankly, the big twists of the last arc were so egregious that this pales in comparison. Especially the magical Renaissance LMDs.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    true, but the Ares/Phobos stuff is pretty esoteric if you haven't kept up with the Ares mini or Incredible Herc stuff. I remember when I first read Secret Warriors I was utterly lost until I read all of the back matter.

That is one of the things that irks me about Hickman is that he rarely gives background info, I mean if you didn't read Illuminati or some of the various Bendis Avenger's stuff a lot of Hickman's Avengers would be so confusing.
    Really? He gives one preview page highlighting what the Illuminati are/Black Panther saying no - I’m pretty sure you can go in knowing that and inferring the rest.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Really? He gives one preview page highlighting what the Illuminati are/Black Panther saying no - I’m pretty sure you can go in knowing that and inferring the rest.
    yeah totally, for example why are these heroes hiding the fact they have the gems or why are they being shady in general? none of that is really explained other than a vague notion of causing panic (I think), I mean the same can be said for Spider-Man being a giant dick all of a sudden (I know it's Otto) or old man Steve and all of the other myriad of things that are never explained even in passing.

I get it in the world of comics there are stories outside of the story you are reading, but if I were to give the omnibus to my niece she would have a lot of questions that couldn't be answered unless I handed her a couple more omnibuses

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Disagree. It’s all in story.
    The flashback shows Iron Mans proposition, Black Panthers refusal and then Issue 1 ends with Black Panther calling them together. When the Illuminati discuss everything and bring out the gems, Black Panther is appalled. Basically, we know everything we need to there. That the others didn’t disband - and they’ve been up to secretive sh*t ever since.

I understand Old Man Steve and Superior Spider-Man/Iron-Man, but these are less so Hickman and more the world around the story he’s trying to tell and accommodating others.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The stuff like two Beasts running around, evil Spider-Man, aged Steve and hammer-less Thor were occurring in simultaneous books so that wouldn't be on Hickman. He briefly mentioned the Hood story from Bendis Avengers about how Steve ended up on the Illuminati and set up Xavier passing on his membership to Beast in his "will".
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

I like Pre Secret Wars Marvel setup. Shoulda copied it and made it another universe with its own place in the post SW multiverse.

Posting it here too
    I randomly stumbled upon this comic retail website when I did a Google Search for the Scarlet Witch #7 cover which hasn't been officially released as far as I know.
    https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=759...itional_covers

It claims that Scarlet Witch #7 will tie into G.O.D.S with both Orlando and Hickman listed as writers. Normally I would take this with a grain of salt but this site also has 4 variant covers listed for this issue already.

SCARLET WITCH 7 MEGHAN HETRICK VARIANT [GODS]
    SCARLET WITCH 7 SARA PICHELLI DESIGN VARIANT [GODS]
    SCARLET WITCH 7 PABLO VILLALOBOS HOMAGE VARIANT [GODS]
    SCARLET WITCH 7 LUCAS WERNECK GODS VARIANT [GODS]

That is far too specific info to just be a placeholder or something and everything else looks legit too so I think it really is. We still don't have much info about this project but I kept wondering if Wanda will play a role in it for obvious reasons. Considering she is currently keeping a god contained and her son is the reincarnation of one.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Posting it here too
    I randomly stumbled upon this comic retail website when I did a Google Search for the Scarlet Witch #7 cover which hasn't been officially released as far as I know.

It claims that Scarlet Witch #7 will tie into G.O.D.S with both Orlando and Hickman listed as writers. Normally I would take this with a grain of salt but this site also has 4 variant covers listed for this issue already.

That is far too specific info to just be a placeholder or something and everything else looks legit too so I think it really is. We still don't have much info about this project but I kept wondering if Wanda will play a role in it for obvious reasons. Considering she is currently keeping a god contained and her son is the reincarnation of one.
    That's Penguin Random House, the main comic distributor for Marvel, now that they aren't with Diamond, so it's legit.

There's also a Moon Knight GODS issue also allegedly co-written by Hickman. I'm guessing they are some sort of tie-ins. I'm surprised there's no Doctor Strange.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    So friggin excited for this as I've been a big fan of Hickman's concepts for Marvel. Some individual issues of his can drag from time to time, but as a whole his long term planning is always great.

Side note: I wonder if Ewing's Ultimates will come into play. The Eternity War was a pretty mad trip.
    That would be amazing to see that team come back and written by someone as talented as Hickman, who is great with concepts. Just slight lacking on completion, but hey. A win is a win!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Posting it here too

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That's Penguin Random House, the main comic distributor for Marvel, now that they aren't with Diamond, so it's legit.

There's also a Moon Knight GODS issue also allegedly co-written by Hickman. I'm guessing they are some sort of tie-ins. I'm surprised there's no Doctor Strange.
    !!!!!

whoa! so it definitely has to do with magic in the Marvel Universe.

this has got me so stoked thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Good to know. That really gives it more weight. I did a search and indeed only Scarlet Witch and Moon Knight list Hickman as being involved but Doctor Strange #6 and Fantastic Four #10 are listed with the Gods tag too.

https://prhcomics.com/?s=%5Bgods%5D&...rch=077549fb83

Posting it here too

I'm planning on getting G.O.D.S. so it's cool when two of the series I'm reading crosses over.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    !!!!!

whoa! so it definitely has to do with magic in the Marvel Universe.

this has got me so stoked thanks for the info!
    I think that was already known. I remember them giving it a tagline like magic meets science or something. So all the series that we know of so far make sense to be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm planning on getting G.O.D.S. so it's cool when two of the series I'm reading crosses over.
    What's the other series you are reading?

I think that was already known. I remember them giving it a tagline like magic meets science or something. So all the series that we know of so far make sense to be involved.

What's the other series you are reading?
    Your post was about Scarlet Witch potentially tieing into G.O.D.S. I'm reading Scarlet Witch currently and planning on picking up G.O.D.S. so it's cool if they cross over.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Your post was about Scarlet Witch potentially tieing into G.O.D.S. I'm reading Scarlet Witch currently and planning on picking up G.O.D.S. so it's cool if they cross over.
    Ah ok. I see. I wasn't planning on getting it to be honest since Im more of a character reader but now I have to take a look at it. It's certainly the right place and time to finally clean up some things about Wanda so we will see about it.
    I guess we will get more information next month unless Marvel decides to make a separate news article about which is very likely.