Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Ah ok. I see. I wasn't planning on getting it to be honest since Im more of a character reader but now I have to take a look at it. It's certainly the right place and time to finally clean up some things about Wanda so we will see about it.
    I guess we will get more information next month unless Marvel decides to make a separate news article about which is very likely.
    I'm more of character driven fan myself and Hickman tends to be one of those writers that plays the long game. Plus he tends to be more idea heavy so a binge read might by better.But the most interesting characters in recent years came from him.

So I'm 50/50 on tradewaiting the series myself.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-22-2023 at 11:50 AM.

So solicitations came out early and they clarified what's up
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/full...oogle_vignette

Immortal Thor, Scarlet Witch, Uncanny Avengers, Fantastic Four, Venom, Guardians of the Galaxy, Moon Knight and Doctor Strange all have this:

PLUS: A bonus page written by Jonathan Hickman – WHO ARE THE G.O.D.S.?
    "This is me being reasonable"

So solicitations came out early and they clarified what's up
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/full...oogle_vignette

Immortal Thor, Scarlet Witch, Uncanny Avengers, Fantastic Four, Venom, Guardians of the Galaxy, Moon Knight and Doctor Strange all have this:

PLUS: A bonus page written by Jonathan Hickman – WHO ARE THE G.O.D.S.?
    I wonder if it's random or those characters are relevant to the story?

How much do you want to bet it's the same page in all the books?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    How much do you want to bet it's the same page in all the books?
    I think it will be like that "where is wolverine" where the pages won't even make sense on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I think it will be like that "where is wolverine" where the pages won't even make sense on their own.
    Oh man, that was such a silly thing Marvel did .

Then again... no artist is credited, so they might just be infographics. Hickman does like those.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Then again... no artist is credited, so they might just be infographics. Hickman does like those.
    I think it will be the same page in multiple issues as well

Like a primer for what's to come

I think there will be something to it. Only specific books get it which wouldn't make sense if it's some generic teaser.

I think there will be something to it. Only specific books get it which wouldn't make sense if it's some generic teaser.
    maybe it thematically ties into those particular books

like if its GODS is a magic based book it wouldn't make sense to put a teacher in GoTG

New article on the Marvel site is up
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=216108430

Who are the G.O.D.S.? This fall, readers will find out in a revolutionary series by Jonathan Hickman and Valerio Schiti. Announced back in March, G.O.D.S. will see two of the industry’s greatest modern visionaries dramatically redefine Marvel’s pantheon of cosmic beings and masterfully deconstruct the forces behind reality. The breathtaking new saga will introduce a host of new characters—all players in a secret conflict at the crossroads of science and magic!

Heralding their debut, a new line of variant covers this August will spotlight some of the core cast as they team up with heroes and villains from throughout the Marvel Universe. This past weekend, fans met Wyn in FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: AVENGERS/X-MEN #1, and these new variant covers provide a first look at the likes of Aiko Maki, Dmitri, Cubisk Core, and Mia. From powerful mystics to daring scientists, these are agents of THE POWERS THAT BE and THE NATURAL ORDER OF THINGS and servants to the very building blocks of creation. They may be new to readers but they’ve been scheming and clashing with each other for eons in the shadows.

The G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVERS will adorn nine issues that each contain a bonus story page written by Hickman that explore just how these characters move throughout the Marvel Universe and how they interact with its iconic inhabitants like Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Scarlet Witch, and more. In addition, some of the cast of G.O.D.S. will attend mutantkind’s biggest night and witness the beginning of the FALL OF X in July’s X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1!

Here are the characters spotlighted in the variant covers and bonus pages:

Wyn, a powerful magic expert who’s operated in secret for thousands of years and is now forced to come out of the shadows.
    Aiko Maki, a high-ranking agent brutally loyal to the ways of science and willing to do anything to keep the building blocks of creation in balance.
    Dmitri the Science Boy, Wyn’s reckless partner who has a secret mission of his own to discover the dark truth of his past.
    Mia the Magic Girl, a young sorcerer struggling to achieve her full potential.
    Cubisk Core, a mysterious being of pure corruption seeking to shatter the existing systems.
    And more!

“When I came back to Marvel a few years ago, I wrote two series bibles. The first was HOUSE OF X and the other one was G.O.D.S.,” Hickman explained. “To say that I’m excited to finally be able to share this story with everyone is a massive understatement. G.O.D.S. takes place in its own special corner of the Marvel Universe -- in the cracks that lie at the intersection of science and magic -- and revisits some characters and concepts that we’ve reimagined for a more modern, continuity-driven audience.

On Sale 8/2
    DOCTOR STRANGE #6 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY EMA LUPACCHINO
    FANTASTIC FOUR #10 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    MOON KNIGHT #26 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY SALVADOR LARROCA
    SCARLET WITCH #7 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY LUCAS WERNECK

On Sale 8/9
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #5 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK

On Sale 8/16
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #1 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY GREG LAND

On Sale 8/23
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #32 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY ADAM KUBERT
    IMMORTAL THOR #1 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY BRYAN HITCH
    VENOM #24 G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVER BY JAN BAZALDUA

Check out seven of the G.O.D.S. VARIANT COVERS now and stay tuned for more news about G.O.D.S. in the months ahead.

Man this really sounds like it was suppose to be a doctor strange book but they didn't want to change his status qou that hard

This is reminding me a lot of Manhattan Projects i.e. rival schools of thought using their preferred means to annihilate the other.