Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Yep. And thank goodness for that. Like I said earlier, it's always a shame when mass layoffs occur, but when one of them also gets in the way of projects being made specifically because of the women or POC leads, that's a cause for celebration.

Losers do what losers do.
    Amen to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's naive to think anyone is trying to do "good" when in reality they're just running a business that mistreats its workers and has garbage people running it. And determining what you want to believe he did and didn't do to make yourself not feel guilty about buying his company's product and supporting him is silly.

If he had the power to block comics and movies from getting made, he was also allowing the ones getting made from being released. You think the only thing he ever did at the company was say no to 2 movies and cancel Fantastic Four ongoing? Ever since 2005.

Personifying the garbage Disney does with one person is letting them off the hook for their systematic problems. Disney isn't a good company, and people should be more conscious of their problems as a company.
    You keep giving Perlmutter credit for things he didn’t do.

We don’t give Martin Goodman credit for Jack Kirby’s work, or Mario Puzo’s either. You seem to believe the person with a title gets all the credit. Don’t be so dang daft. Maybe you should actually learn who does what when spouting off like you do about all the things Perlmutter did in fact not do, and blame him for the decisions he did make, like canceling the Fantastic Four.

Disney, whatever. You hate them and their properties apparently, which goes back to what are you doing here?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    ... blame him for the decisions he did make, like canceling the Fantastic Four.
    Out of all the things Disney has done, this isn't the worst.

Disney, whatever. You hate them and their properties apparently, which goes back to what are you doing here?
    Of course I hate them. They treat their workers like garbage, just fired 7,000 of them, and is run by people like Ike. And if you think he's the only trash there, you're naive. Plus, they would've kept him in his position despite the massive layoffs if he hadn't gotten into a quarrel. So no, Disney isn't all high and mighty and you shouldn't be giving them a pass if you had such a problem with Perlmutter. Plus, Perlmutter still owns a ton of shares, so he's definitely making money from Marvel products.

The difference is I admit it for what it is and don't try to blame one person just to have a clean conscious when they're gone, when in reality the problems are still there. That's the problem with scapegoats. Them going down is just relieving the symptom, but not curing the cause.

You can still like the intellectual property and separate them from their current owners, like you were doing with Ike.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Out of all the things Disney has done, this isn't the worst.

Of course I hate them. They treat their workers like garbage, just fired 7,000 of them, and is run by people like Ike. And if you think he's the only trash there, you're naive. Plus, they would've kept him in his position despite the massive layoffs if he hadn't gotten into a quarrel. So no, Disney isn't all high and mighty and you shouldn't be giving them a pass if you had such a problem with Perlmutter. Plus, Perlmutter still owns a ton of shares, so he's definitely making money from Marvel products.

The difference is I admit it for what it is and don't try to blame one person just to have a clean conscious when they're gone, when in reality the problems are still there. That's the problem with scapegoats. Them going down is just relieving the symptom, but not curing the cause.

You can still like the intellectual property and separate them from their current owners, like you were doing with Ike.
    I’m not naive about anything. But I am a Disney fan. And Marvel, and Indiana Jones, and Star Wars, etc.

I have zero moral or ethical obligations to be upset at Disney.

You hate ‘em? Good for you, but you’re in the wrong forum, clearly.

So, go on, hate away at Disney, but they got rid of Perlmutter who did nothing for Marvel at all. I’m glad Disney showed that stupid old fool the door. It’s about time.

Between this and the stuff they’ve done with the ending of the Reedy Creek district, Marvel’s corporate intrigues have been way more entertaining than any of their movies, shows or theme parks lately, and I approve wholeheartedly.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I’m not naive about anything. But I am a Disney fan. And Marvel, and Indiana Jones, and Star Wars, etc.

I have zero moral or ethical obligations to be upset at Disney.

You hate ‘em? Good for you, but you’re in the wrong forum, clearly.

So, go on, hate away at Disney, but they got rid of Perlmutter who did nothing for Marvel at all. I’m glad Disney showed that stupid old fool the door. It’s about time.

Between this and the stuff they’ve done with the ending of the Reedy Creek district, Marvel’s corporate intrigues have been way more entertaining than any of their movies, shows or theme parks lately, and I approve wholeheartedly.
    But you're already hating on them. You're literally hating on the company's president of 15 years. You're the pot calling the kettle black. Disney had Perlmutter and has more people like him inside the company for years. My critique is of these people and not the characters, like Bart Simpson, Squirrel Girl or Baby Yoda.

Extraordinary Member

Long overdue. And stupid old fool is being kind.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ike Perlmutter was a terrible person and businessman. Disney has many people like him still in charge who will likely repeat his mistakes.

These two truths can exist simultaneously without contradicting each other.

Extraordinary Member

Fired Marvel Boss Confirms He is the Reason Marvel TV Suffered