Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    Star Wars has been back at Dark Horse for last 4-5 months. They've been putting out 2 titles right now.
    Think that's just the YA comics line, basically exactly what IDW was doing.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    EDIT: Those leaked emails kind of revealed a lot of stuff that people say online about these companies being "woke" as stupidly idiotic. Seriously, the stuff the Sony exces were saying didn't exactly scream progressive and that's just putting it mildly.
    To be fair, many people who use the "woke" criticism know the companies aren't really progressive.

In fact, the companies hypocrisy of pretending to be progressive when they really aren't is part of the woke criticism.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I was too young, but does any know how DC changed when it was bought back in the day?

I can imagine the same happening to Marvel and having a lot of the edges worn down.

I mean not a lot of cutting edge stuff at Marvel of late but I wonder if more and more books will go the ways of Marvel Action to get more kids?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I was too young, but does any know how DC changed when it was bought back in the day?

I can imagine the same happening to Marvel and having a lot of the edges worn down.

I mean not a lot of cutting edge stuff at Marvel of late but I wonder if more and more books will go the ways of Marvel Action to get more kids?
    Considering how quickly they scuttled Marvel Action...although that might just have been IDW's problem.

Ultimate Member

I really don't know how the whole Disney thing will affect Marvel comics because the publishing line isn't that big right now.

The only part of Marvel that looks really "swollen" is the X-line and with or without the Disney thing, I would have expected some cutbacks in that area.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The support for Black Panther is deceiving, when you look at what's been done to the title character. If you like 8 yrs of Namor being made into the ultimate simp, okay fine. However Marvel really supporting Black Panther only came from Jason Aaron.
    Exactly.

Marvel has completely broken T'Challa as a character.

I'd much rather T'Challa made sporadic appearances compared to the nonsense that Coates and Ridley have put the character through.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The support for Black Panther is deceiving, when you look at what's been done to the title character. If you like 8 yrs of Namor being made into the ultimate simp, okay fine. However Marvel really supporting Black Panther only came from Jason Aaron.
    Do we know what Eve has planned for the title yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Do we know what Eve has planned for the title yet?
    Rumors from the streets are that he will be a street level hero within Wakanda. If I'm not mistaken Ike was the one that didn't want to do a Black Panther movie, cause ya know, like nobody would want to see it. Yeah, that dusty old dude can kick rocks at the nursing home.

Disney will not license Marvel or Star Wars (other than the children's line) to other publishers. Marvel failing to publish its own comic books would be a bad advertisement against Disney's main product in recent years. And comic books do no harm, as far as we know.
    What will happen is a cut in personnel, mainly in the line of editors.

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    Star Wars has been back at Dark Horse for last 4-5 months. They've been putting out 2 titles right now.
    All-ages books. Disney don't trust Marvel to do them - even Marvel's own characters have been licensed out before.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

DC was bought by a company which then also took over Warner, in the late 1960s! There's no point comparing that to Disney buying Marvel, which happened about 12 years ago. You're comparing apples and oranges there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quite frankly I think it’s too early to start worrying about how it will affect the comics. It could very well be that Feige lets that guy Epstein (I think that’s his name) have a fair bit of control over everything - I’m sure he’s much easier to work with than that moist ol’ bigot Ike

Most of phase 4 used ideas from the last decade or so of Marvel to adapt, so I don’t think Feige’s too upset with the direction they’ve been going in. And with Marvel still outselling DC it’s still at the top of the food chain numbers-wise

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    All-ages books. Disney don't trust Marvel to do them - even Marvel's own characters have been licensed out before.

DC was bought by a company which then also took over Warner, in the late 1960s! There's no point comparing that to Disney buying Marvel, which happened about 12 years ago. You're comparing apples and oranges there.
    holy crap I didn't know it was that long ago!

I thought it was in the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    He's blamed for MCU's problems with female leads because he revealed them in e-mails. They were leaked with the Sony hack, IIRC. He didn't want Feige to do Captain Marvel or Black Panther. I have to disagree. We've gotten plenty more, since he's been gone, especially with the shows.
    I guess the user you responded to is aware of that. One can still look at Marvel Studios' female-led output since 2015 and think that it's severely lacking, therefore I second the notion that Perlmutter is used as a convenient scapegoat to hide behind. His influence on the movies has been gone for eight years now and all Feige accomplished in that time frame were two female-led movies. TV shows don't count, those don't have the prestige of feature films, and even under Perlmutter there were Agent Carter and Jessica Jones, so it's nothing groundbreaking to have shows with female leads.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    He's blamed for MCU's problems with female leads because he revealed them in e-mails. They were leaked with the Sony hack, IIRC. He didn't want Feige to do Captain Marvel or Black Panther. I have to disagree. We've gotten plenty more, since he's been gone, especially with the shows.
    Facts. And good riddance.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I guess the user you responded to is aware of that. One can still look at Marvel Studios' female-led output since 2015 and think that it's severely lacking, therefore I second the notion that Perlmutter is used as a convenient scapegoat to hide behind. His influence on the movies has been gone for eight years now and all Feige accomplished in that time frame were two female-led movies. TV shows don't count, those don't have the prestige of feature films, and even under Perlmutter there were Agent Carter and Jessica Jones, so it's nothing groundbreaking to have shows with female leads.
    Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Wakanda Forever and Eternals were female led movies. And I think most people would agree that movies led by male heroes like Thor: Love & Thunder (Jane Foster and Valkyrie) and Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania (Cassie and Janet) were co-stared by female characters and the story hanged off what was going on with them.

And this isn't all that has been done with female characters